Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Rebels Ahsoka vs Dooku [Canon] Empty Rebels Ahsoka vs Dooku [Canon]

April 24th 2020, 11:49 pm
Who wins?
Gianfi
Gianfi

Rebels Ahsoka vs Dooku [Canon] Empty Re: Rebels Ahsoka vs Dooku [Canon]

April 25th 2020, 2:47 am
Dooku
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

April 25th 2020, 3:21 am
Tyranus
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 25th 2020, 10:43 am
Dooku.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

April 25th 2020, 11:18 am
Dooku, probably
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 25th 2020, 11:20 am
Dooku wins, Ataru acrobatics are a fundamental part of Ahsoka's fighting style and they were probably influenced by Obi-Wan, whose own Ataru style in turn were heavily influenced by Qui-Gon, who Dooku has sparred with thousands of times and can pick them apart, so she's handing Dooku the victory if she uses acrobatics. She is also a grounded fighter, but she doesn't have Anakin's strength, aggressive brutality and rage, to wear down Dooku. Dooku's relationship with Ataru acrobatics and knowledge of Obi-Wan's offensive fightig style is still canon.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

April 28th 2020, 6:13 pm
Dooku, Ever so closely tbh. Her duel with Rebels vader is EXACTLY how a duel with tyranus would have faired, if not slightly worse.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 28th 2020, 7:17 pm
I'm feeling Ahsoka on this one tbh. Dooku is powerful and I don't think she's comparable as a duelist but we see from people like Vos that Dooku can't handle spastic unpredictability which is what her style is.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 29th 2020, 6:48 am
I have changed my mind; Dooku gets rag dolled continuously.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 29th 2020, 7:16 am
Close fight, Dooku.
Galan007
Galan007

April 29th 2020, 9:31 am
In a combat scenario, I'd probably be inclined to side with Ahsoka, tbh.

In canon, OT-era Vader > RotS Vader/Anakin. So the way I see it, Ahsoka ultimately preformed better against a more powerful version of Anakin than the one who decisively stomped Dooku in less than a minute(when they began fighting one-on-one.)
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

April 29th 2020, 9:52 am
Galan007 wrote:In a combat scenario, I'd probably be inclined to side with Ahsoka, tbh.

In canon, OT-era Vader > RotS Vader/Anakin. So the way I see it, Ahsoka ultimately preformed better against a more powerful version of Anakin than the one who decisively stomped Dooku in less than a minute(when they began fighting one-on-one.)
Anakin and Dooku had a close fight (with Anakin holding a small edge maybe) before the later's Dun Moch backfired. Dooku was stomped by Zonakin/rage amped Anakin. Not sure if Vader would necessarily scale above that version of Anakin. We don't know if Zonakin was a permanent boost like in legends.
Galan007
Galan007

April 29th 2020, 10:38 am
DarthAdi wrote:Anakin and Dooku had a close fight (with Anakin holding a small edge maybe) before the later's Dun Moch backfired. Dooku was stomped by Zonakin/rage amped Anakin. Not sure if Vader would necessarily scale above that version of Anakin. We don't know if Zonakin was a permanent boost like in legends.
'Zonakin' is just a battleboard title.

Per the RotS novelizations(both the adult and junior versions), Anakin indeed tapped into his rage once he and Dooku were fighting one on one -- he effectively showcased a taste of the power he would wield as Vader, and it was enough to decisively stomp the good Count in under a minute(that's literally how long it took in the film.)

But as has been mentioned before: Lords of the Sith goes out of its way to tell us that after Vader fully embraced the dark side and grew accustomed to his injuries/armor, he was more powerful than ever:
Pain fed his hate, and hate fed his strength. Once, as a Jedi, he had meditated to find peace. Now he meditated to sharpen the edges of his anger. He stared at his reflection a long time. His injuries had deformed his body, left it broken, but they’d perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force. Suffering had birthed insight.

When man and machine were one, he no longer felt the absence of his legs or arms, the pain of his flesh, but the hate remained, and the rage still burned. Those, he never relinquished, and he never felt more connected to the Force than when his fury burned.

The armor separated him from the galaxy, from everyone, made him singular, freed him from the needs of the flesh, the concerns of the body that once had plagued him, and allowed him to focus solely on his relationship to the Force.

And Pablo Hidalgo also stated that Vader was "in his prime" during Rebels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTkd0MKEm2I&t=2m11s

So again: the way I see it, Ahsoka preformed better against a more powerful version of 'rage amped' Anakin than the one who stomped Dooku in under a minute just by briefly tapping into his rage. That's why, in a combat scenario, it seems like she should have the edge, imo.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 29th 2020, 10:58 am
Galan007 wrote:In a combat scenario, I'd probably be inclined to side with Ahsoka, tbh.

Not to mention, Ahsoka fought Vader on a possible Dark Side nexus.
xmysticgohanx
xmysticgohanx

April 29th 2020, 1:56 pm
Ahsoka did better against Vader than Dooku did vs Anakin
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum