Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Unarmed Combat: Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Maul Empty Unarmed Combat: Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Maul

April 20th 2020, 4:28 pm
RotS IH Anakin and SoD Maul duke it out in a purely unarmed fight. No lightsabers and offensive Force powers are allowed, victory is dictated through u
unarmed brawl. They do not know who each other are. Fight takes place outside the Lars home. Standard conditions.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Unarmed Combat: Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Maul Empty Re: Unarmed Combat: Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Maul

April 20th 2020, 4:43 pm
Maul, his H2H feats are better.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

Unarmed Combat: Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Maul Empty Re: Unarmed Combat: Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Maul

April 20th 2020, 5:00 pm
If Force augmentation is allowed Anakin should straight up destroy Maul given his strength and speed feats in the ROTS. Someone that almost caused Dooku to fall unconscious through physical strength should be able to handle Maul.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 20th 2020, 5:06 pm
TheNuisanceBird wrote:If Force augmentation is allowed Anakin should straight up destroy Maul given his strength and speed feats in the ROTS. Someone that almost caused Dooku to fall unconscious through physical strength should be able to handle Maul.

Force augmentation is indeed allowed, but I don't think you can translate Dooku's body's reaction to the lightsaber strikes to an unarmed fight between Maul and Anakin, because Anakin won't be able exert and and apply his strength in the same way a H2H, he would have to get Maul in a headlock or something like that, to exert and apply his monstrous strength, and there's no Maul is going to allow that to happen, he's going to pro actively prevent Anakin from grabbing Maul, and Maul is the superior martial arts master anyway.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

April 20th 2020, 5:17 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
TheNuisanceBird wrote:If Force augmentation is allowed Anakin should straight up destroy Maul given his strength and speed feats in the ROTS. Someone that almost caused Dooku to fall unconscious through physical strength should be able to handle Maul.

Force augmentation is indeed allowed, but I don't think you can translate Dooku's body's reaction to the lightsaber strikes to an unarmed fight between Maul and Anakin, because Anakin won't be able exert and and apply his strength in the same way a H2H, he would have to get Maul in a headlock or something like that, to exert and apply his monstrous strength, and there's no Maul is going to allow that to happen, he's going to pro actively prevent Anakin from grabbing Maul, and Maul is the superior martial arts master anyway.

How so? Sure throwing a punch is different from swinging a bladed weapon but given the scale of Anakin's physical power there's nothing to suggest he couldn't overwhelm Maul. if it was TCW Anakin then sure, it'd be more even but this is the version of Anakin that's outran the vacuum of space, and almost brought an entire building down by slamming someone down into the roof repeatedly. 

Even if Maul's the superior h2h fighter which he likely is, Anakin's not the far behind and given Skywalker's physical scaling he likely wouldn't have to do much to overcome the gap. 

Maul being able to drive back Grievous during their second fight and being fast enough to fight Mace and Aayla as well as Sidious not being able to blitz him is impressive, but I wouldn't put it over Anakin's feats. 

The ROTS makes note of how Obi-Wan's bones are stronger than the outer hull of the Invisible Hand and later during the Mustafar fight a hindered Anakin who hasn't eat or slept for several days bends Obi-Wan's bones and almost causes them to break.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 20th 2020, 5:27 pm
TheNuisanceBird wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:

How so? Sure throwing a punch is different from swinging a bladed weapon but given the scale of Anakin's physical power there's nothing to suggest he couldn't overwhelm Maul. if it was TCW Anakin then sure, it'd be more even but this is the version of Anakin that's outran the vacuum of space, and almost brought an entire building down by slamming someone down into the roof repeatedly. 

Even if Maul's the superior h2h fighter which he likely is, Anakin's not the far behind and given Skywalker's physical scaling he likely wouldn't have to do much to overcome the gap. 

Maul being able to drive back Grievous during their second fight and being fast enough to fight Mace and Aayla as well as Sidious not being able to blitz him is impressive, but I wouldn't put it over Anakin's feats. 

The ROTS makes note of how Obi-Wan's bones are stronger than the outer hull of the Invisible Hand and later during the Mustafar fight a hindered Anakin who hasn't eat or slept for several days bends Obi-Wan's bones and almost causes them to break.

I wasn't contesting that Anakin could beat Maul in a H2H because he does have far superior Force reserves than Maul, whereas Maul has superior martial arts mastery and is is very unorthodox as a H2H fighter thanks to Teras Kasi, so I'm not sure which would decide the fight. What I was saying is that throwing punch is different than locking blades with a lightsaber wielding opponent, because lightsaber combat is more practical for exerting and applying strength, and Anakin is notorious for being a strength orientated duelist. I think Maul will sense how powerful Anakin is, and will do whatever he can to create distance between himself and Anakin to prevent Anakin from exploiting his monstrous Force augmented strength, and his Teras Kasi mastery will be a pain in the ass for Anakin. Anakin was able to almost cause Obi-Wan's bones to break because he was able go grab him, or was it through exchanging lightsaber blows? Either way, that can't be translated that well to a H2H.

Maul also has incredible endurance feats, he no selled a kick from Grievous, showing great tolerance and endurance at the same time. He shrugged of lightning from Mighella (one of the most powerful Nightsisters) even 6 months prior to TPM. He also went without food and drink for a month on Hypori, and his entire Sith training consisted of being born and raised in brutal conditions.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

April 20th 2020, 6:10 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
TheNuisanceBird wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:

I wasn't contesting that Anakin could beat Maul in a H2H because he does have far superior Force reserves than Maul, whereas Maul has superior martial arts mastery and is is very unorthodox as a H2H fighter thanks to Teras Kasi, so I'm not sure which would decide the fight. What I was saying is that throwing punch is different than locking blades with a lightsaber wielding opponent, because lightsaber combat is more practical for exerting and applying strength, and Anakin is notorious for being a strength orientated duelist. I think Maul will sense how powerful Anakin is, and will do whatever he can to create distance between himself and Anakin to prevent Anakin from exploiting his monstrous Force augmented strength, and his Teras Kasi mastery will be a pain in the ass for Anakin. Anakin was able to almost cause Obi-Wan's bones to break because he was able go grab him, or was it through exchanging lightsaber blows? Either way, that can't be translated that well to a H2H.

Maul also has incredible endurance feats, he no selled a kick from Grievous, showing great tolerance and endurance at the same time. He shrugged of lightning from Mighella (one of the most powerful Nightsisters) even 6 months prior to TPM. He also went without food and drink for a month on Hypori, and his entire Sith training consisted of being born and raised in brutal conditions.

I feel that Maul wouldn't have the speed to avoid the version of Anakin we're looking at. If Maul sensed how powerful this version of Anakin was or even if he had prior knowledge of it, I don't think there's much he could do because he doesn't have the speed to make enough distance. 

Strength does transfer from blade to blade to hand to hand. If we look at other notably strong people like Grievous or Savage, they've been able to casually throw people around. Anakin's strength transfers just as Maul's strength transfers to him being able to take down a Wampa, which is something ROTS Anakin would clearly be able to do. 

Whereas Anakin blade to blade was able to overwhelm Dooku with overhead strikes, Anakin hand to hand has almost brought down an entire building by slamming someone into it's roof in LOE. I feel that's its very apparent Anakin's blade to blade strength feats transfer. 

Anakin almost breaking Kenobi's bones that are stronger than the IH hull can be translated to hand to hand because it was hand to hand. It's when he grabbed both of Obi-Wan's arms and started to overpower him. Considering that version of ROTS Kenobi has speed feats equal to if not above Maul in causing Dooku to lose track of him in a blur this means Anakin could likely get ahold of Maul and do the same.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum