Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Does Revan scale from his SOR feats? Empty Does Revan scale from his SOR feats?

April 14th 2020, 12:01 am
Everything takes place on a massive darkside nexus so I'm curious to hear opinions.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Does Revan scale from his SOR feats? Empty Re: Does Revan scale from his SOR feats?

April 14th 2020, 12:33 am
His SOR feats are in opposition to other empowered characters or the nexus backlashing into him.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Does Revan scale from his SOR feats? Empty Re: Does Revan scale from his SOR feats?

April 14th 2020, 12:55 am
Quantify the fact that the amps are equal then please oh anteth lord of all, master of revan wank
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 14th 2020, 1:33 am
Satele Shan's battle meditation gave the strike team "greatly increased" powers, allowed them to enter into a state of "battle clarity," and constantly poured healing energies into them. In game, she doubles everyone's stats, and it is the greatest amp ever offered alongside Valkorion's uber Holocron. I'm not saying they were necessarily all twice as powerful, nor to take the game mechanics hyper-literally, but it's clear there's no legitimate claim to say the Yavin IV nexus dwarfed the battle meditation amp. If a comparison is to be made, then S-Canon shows Marr is necessarily far more empowered by Satele than the passive dark side energies around him. And that makes sense, too. Just look at what a low-level battle meditation practitioner like Worrow can do to the Jedi strike team fighting Bane and Zannah. The text repeatedly stresses they are exorbitantly more powerful than before. Yet Satele was noted to have the same gift that Bastila did, who was perhaps the greatest Jedi battle meditation practitioner ever.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 14th 2020, 3:29 am
Nah, his feats aren't really applicable due to the nexus sans very few of them.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

April 14th 2020, 4:38 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
DarthAnt66 wrote:Yet Satele was noted to have the same gift that Bastila did, who was perhaps the greatest Jedi battle meditation practitioner ever.

Oppo Rancisis wants to know your location
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

April 14th 2020, 4:44 am
Lmao
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 14th 2020, 10:02 am
Yeah I don't think that really answered my question. "greatly increased" suddenly matches a potent centuries old darkside nexus where Sith can anchor themselves to?

Revan is a darksider on Yavin, the strike team is just BM amped. I don't get how you can say they automatically cancel out
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

April 14th 2020, 10:07 am
Revan also channels both sides of the force, so technically it should cancel out. But that notwithstanding, the BM Amp is enough that it cancels out HoT's weakness. Given that Battle Meditation demoralizes foes as well, that combined with Revan's "both sides" thing should make it so that the feats are scaleable, generally speaking.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 14th 2020, 12:21 pm
> Korriban wrote:Yeah I don't think that really answered my question. "greatly increased" suddenly matches a potent centuries old darkside nexus where Sith can anchor themselves to?

Revan is a darksider on Yavin, the strike team is just BM amped. I don't get how you can say they automatically cancel out

Well, it did. With the absence of any other statement or implication over which amp was stronger, I will defer to the only in-continuity explanation provided. S-Continuity holds that the combination of Marr's normal powers and his Yavin IV amp is equal to the amp then provided by Satele Shan's battle meditation. In other words, the Yavin IV amp is a small fraction compared to the battle meditation amp. I'm not saying to take that figure necessarily hyper-literally, but it does plainly show Revan is not amplified more than the strike team. Not even close. Unless you have a higher, still in-continuity explanation otherwise?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 14th 2020, 1:58 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:
> Korriban wrote:Yeah I don't think that really answered my question. "greatly increased" suddenly matches a potent centuries old darkside nexus where Sith can anchor themselves to?

Well, it did. With the absence of any other statement or implication over which amp was stronger, I will defer to the only in-continuity explanation provided. S-Continuity holds that the combination of Marr's normal powers and his Yavin IV amp is equal to the amp then provided by Satele Shan's battle meditation. In other words, the Yavin IV amp is a small fraction compared to the battle meditation amp. I'm not saying to take that figure necessarily hyper-literally, but it does plainly show Revan is not amplified more than the strike team. Not even close. Unless you have a higher, still in-continuity explanation otherwise?

So then where is this quote from the "in-continuity" explanation. Like you say "S-Continuity" confirms your theories so where is the feasible evidence to back that up?
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

April 15th 2020, 7:03 am

@IG has already pointed out why Revan benefiting from Yavin's nexus is questionable to begin with.

Also, you do realize that undisputed darksiders were part of the strike team, right? And that they would benefit from both Yavin's nexus and Satele's BM?
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

April 16th 2020, 5:42 pm
> Korriban wrote:Everything takes place on a massive darkside nexus so I'm curious to hear opinions.

Revan in his natural form as a member of the Jedi Order (KoTOR; KoTOR II; Revan; SWTOR vanilla) vs. his anomalous re-animated corpse (Shadow of Revan expansion), are entirely different beasts in my view.

---

Revan's natural peak is the Revan Reborn incarnation with a command of the Force at this stage that make him an outlier as a Force-user with only Vitiate being his chief rival and superior in the known galaxy. He does not have a peer in strength in the Jedi Order even in the future until Jedi Master Yoda.

The legendary Jedi Consular who make her mark in the era of Satele Shan wield incredible power early on but sacrifices much of it while addressing the Dark Plague crisis and is bestowed the title of Barsen'thor for her sacrifice by the Jedi High Council of her time.

Although a celebrated hero and officially recognized as a Jedi Master after the events of KoTOR, Revan's post-KoTOR powers intimidated other Jedi Masters and he was forced into EXILE consequently (he was not allowed to mentor padawan(s) and not welcomed in the Jedi Temple to the extent of even having a say in its affairs).

---

Revan as of the SWTOR (Shadow of Revan) is essentially a re-animated corpse which separated from Revan's original conscious while cheating death through sheer force of will and developed an alter-conscious of its own (i.e. driven by seething hatred for Vitiate at this point in time). This is/was an ANOMALOUS development and the source of much disturbance in the Force, and the resultant ripples could be felt across the galaxy at the time. This was an unnatural existence of Revan and his powers approached new heights in this capacity due to sheer hatred in him but he was neither a Jedi and nor a Sith at this point. The re-animated Revan is/was logically and technically an ENTITY of a sort. The Republic and the Empire suspended their clashes for a while, joined hands, and assembled a strike team of some of the finest warriors in the galaxy to take on Revan in this form. This was an extraordinary political development, and Revan's original conscious also reached out to the assembled strike team in order to undermine re-animated Revan during the ensuing confrontation.

Revan in his natural form as of the SWTOR (The Foundry flashpoint) was much easier to handle in a fight otherwise.

---

If the objective is to rank and evaluate Revan as a Jedi, he does not scale from his anomalous unnatural incarnation in this capacity. The Revan (Reborn) can still be counted among the most powerful Force-users ever.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum