Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan Empty Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan

April 2nd 2020, 3:42 pm
Message reputation : 100% (8 votes)
-

Last edited by ILS on April 5th 2020, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan Empty Re: Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan

April 2nd 2020, 4:04 pm
Nice. ANH Junior novel also *disconfirms the notion that Ben Kenobi's powers decreased during his exile.

Last edited by Latham2000 on April 2nd 2020, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan Empty Re: Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan

April 2nd 2020, 4:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (7 votes)
Interesting thread! After review, though, I do not think this analysis is consistent with the half-a-dozen G-Canon statements stating either Anakin or Palpatine are far more powerful and skilled than Obi-Wan as of the Mustafar duel. I would also contend that the many C-Canon statements indicating Anakin and Obi-Wan are equals are not necessarily in error then, but rather are assessing the overall result of many circumstantial conditions affecting the fight, such as Anakin's volatile and damaged psyche that increasingly deteriorates and disrupts his Force powers, Obi-Wan's intimate familiarity with Anakin's fighting style that counters Anakin's skill and speed advantages, and Obi-Wan's own optimally energy-conserving defensive style that further nullifies Anakin's aggression and frees room to emphasize on his physical strength and Force defense. Of course, if you disagree with the importance of these factors, note G-Canon has the canonical authority to override potentially infinite C-Canon sources, so Anakin's vast supremacy over Obi-Wan is established regardless. I also question the heavy usage of John Ostrander without including his revelation that peak Vong Krayt is weaker than Karness Muur--an ancient Sith Lord that Anakin would probably atomize with a passing glance. Unfortunately, I am busy until next week, but I might write up an alternative "Why ROTS Anakin stomps Vong Krayt" blog expanding on these thoughts and other disagreements to get some great discussion going.

Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan 8e263d39801bdc83967fc6c039239a5849a3cd55_00

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on April 2nd 2020, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 2nd 2020, 5:00 pm
What a little bitch move Ant, honestly.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 2nd 2020, 5:24 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Ants are pretty cool creatures. They come in massive numbers and can take down scorpions, tarantulas, wasps, beetles etc. don't underestimate them.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

April 2nd 2020, 5:48 pm
@ILS cool blog. Ive agreed with this for a long time now, albeit Mustafar Kenobi being equals to DS Anakin is very iffy and uncertain when one has so many different sources with different statements to consider.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 2nd 2020, 6:37 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
still fodder to KFV :>
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 2nd 2020, 6:52 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
@DarthAnt66 Lovely, I am most looking forward to it. In the meantime, I would love to see an interesting discussion break out over this first draft letter I have been meaning to send to Jan Duursema. I am sure once we establish a dialogue with dear Jan that many of our greatest mysteries will be solved once and for all!

Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan ERRAboF
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 2nd 2020, 6:57 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@ILS: It seems you forgot, but you and I already discussed and co-wrote that very email to Jan. So, you already had my permission to send, haha. Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan 1289255181

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on April 2nd 2020, 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

April 2nd 2020, 6:59 pm
so passive aggressive lmaoo
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 2nd 2020, 7:09 pm
Wtf, why are we bugging authors again? Guys you know that they want us to piss off, poor Ron Marz on Twitter complained about Star Wars fans dumping questions on him about the Resurrection comic through tweets and emails that he begged everyone to stop it and that he won't answer any more of these questions because he has work to do, unless if it's at a comic convention, the only place he has the time to do it. Let's also not forget the time when Erkan pressured Jeremy Barlow into saying Maul can take a majority against Dooku Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan 3344068304
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 2nd 2020, 7:15 pm
@DarthAnt66 I would hate to take undue credit, though, my dear buddy! For it was you who breathed life and zest into such an enthusiastically written address. I recall my contribution amounting to no more than a suggestion which led to you tapering down the letter into its current form, as I thought (no doubt mistakenly) that your wonderful enthusiasm was beginning to spill over into excess, if only by a mere smidgen!

Do tell me, has Jan responded to the question you sent her via her paid Patreon exclusive members club, or has she been unable to make the time in her busy schedule?

Haha. Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan 1289255181
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 2nd 2020, 7:27 pm
Latham2000 wrote:Ants are pretty cool creatures. They come in massive numbers and can take down scorpions, tarantulas, wasps, beetles etc. don't underestimate them.

Didn't expect this to receive stars top kek, but it's true. Look at Monster Bug Wars.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 2nd 2020, 7:33 pm
@ILS: No need to be bashful! Recall that you were so excited you recommended asking Jan about all the other Legacy fights as well. Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan 2960029119 And while Jan's ducked our question behind her Facebook cat pictures and OnlyFans naughty images, I'll be sure to get us that response! I'll leave you be on this thread, though. See ya!
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 2nd 2020, 7:37 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Ngl, Ant doing sarcasm is like Sarah Palin doing politics.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 2nd 2020, 7:43 pm
@DarthAnt66: Indeed. After our dreadful attempts at thinking for ourselves, it was important to get an official opinion on the matter. There was simply no turning down your enthusiastic offer to co-write a series of wonderful letters to our favourite Star Wars writers, artists, editors and their various friends, housekeepers and pets. It would be even more bashful to forget that what brought us here was your tantalizing suggestion to solicit a copy of the original comic scripts from Jan and the team! Because what better way to analyse a comic than to read the script of the comic after reading the comic itself, haha! Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan 1289255181

Thank you, I enjoy being left be, as well as being left - haha! Just kidding, gotcha! I'm actually more of a centrist than a Bernie bro, but please do not tell anyone else that! Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan 3750555731

Ah well. We should count our lucky stars that amidst this pandemonium of unanswered questions and Kraytheories that you had the good wisdom to draft your very own comic script in place of the original, which we so desperately need before we can hope to achieve anything even slightly resembling a resolution on the matter!

Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan UGS6839

Haha. Why Vong Krayt Stomps RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan 1289255181
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

April 3rd 2020, 6:34 am
@ILS really interresting post. However I am not fully convince by it.
Shioz
Shioz

April 4th 2020, 1:41 am
Great blog. It would be interesting to know where you rank such characters as Darth Talon, Darth Stryfe and Darth Nihl?
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 4th 2020, 1:48 am
@Shioz Not sure. I would guess Nihl is around Ventress level (so below A'Sharad Hett as of the Kenobi fight)? Based on the fact he straight up chokes out pre-Sith shuttle-thrower Cade then contends with Force Rage post-Sith Cade. Stryfe and Talon are probably inferior but not by much.
Geistalt
Geistalt

April 4th 2020, 2:30 am
Shieet

we should've been voting Obi-Wan around the middle/latter part of the top 10, just like Yoda.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 4th 2020, 2:36 am
Geistalt wrote:Shieet

we should've been voting Obi-Wan around the middle/latter part of the top 10, just like Yoda.
The next rounds should probably go:

Wyyrlok
Kenobi/Cade/Caedus
Outlander
Geistalt
Geistalt

April 4th 2020, 2:41 am
Latham2000 wrote:Ants are pretty cool creatures. They come in massive numbers and can take down scorpions, tarantulas, wasps, beetles etc. don't underestimate them.
Not to mention the Myrmidons Achilles was the king of were literally ant-people.
LOTL

April 4th 2020, 12:02 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:After review, though, I do not think this analysis is consistent with the half-a-dozen G-Canon statements stating either Anakin or Palpatine are far more powerful and skilled than Obi-Wan as of the Mustafar duel

Cite? Haven't seen them before
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum