Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore? Empty Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore?

March 11th 2020, 2:02 pm
I question this mainly because before he wanted to change and have his own Empire, one that while it was build on the usual Sith things of power, conquest and so forth, it was more open and tolerant to others. I mean yeah, Malgus was still a major asshole and ruthless but he defied the Sith Emperor himself by forming a New Empire. Then after his coup he destroyed the control chip that was inside of him and seem to be striking out as more an independent being.

Is anyone else feeling that he's somewhat coming to a redemption arc? Maybe perhaps not fully turning away from being ruthless, but he does seem more...mellowed out compared to others, he has respect for Jedi despite their opposing views, he let Aryn live after she spared his wife and keeping his promise to the former by not killing her at the time.

Eh maybe it's just me, I don't think Malgus is a Sith...or at least not anymore.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore? Empty Re: Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore?

March 11th 2020, 2:05 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Yes. He still absolutely hates the Jedi (he went out of his way to slaughter every Jedi he could find in Jedi Under Siege). He's still part of the Empire, and he still identifies as a Sith. The only difference now is that he wants revenge against everyone who's wronged him, including Acina/Vowrawn. I wouldn't be surprised if we're going to see False Emperor 2.0. Either way, I'm excited to see where Bioware go with him.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore? Empty Re: Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore?

March 11th 2020, 2:09 pm
BoD wrote:Yes. He still absolutely hates the Jedi (he went out of his way to slaughter every Jedi he could find in Jedi Under Siege). He's still part of the Empire, and he still identifies as a Sith. The only difference now is that he wants revenge against everyone who's wronged him, including Acina/Vowrawn. I wouldn't be surprised if we're going to see False Emperor 2.0. Either way, I'm excited to see where Bioware go with him.

Oh he does? Well I guess I missed that somewhere where he still identifies as a Sith.

I guess I should have worded it better, soo...I guess more an independent Sith then? Doing what he wants, but not following others or an Emperor? I am curious as to where BW is gonna take him, I was a bit miffed about bringing him back, but they've made him interesting in where he goes from here. I kinda also wished he still had Daru at his side, cause I cannot think of any other Sith(PC Sith Warrior aside) who had a wife that would do anything for him and stick by him despite how he acts, it was an interesting bit.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

March 11th 2020, 2:20 pm
Malgus is more of a Sith than any of his contemporaries.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

March 11th 2020, 2:27 pm
ILS wrote:Malgus is more of a Sith than any of his contemporaries.

You know, now that you say that...yeah I guess that's true. I guess for the moment, I was looking at it more in the organizational sense, because that's what we see with all the Sith Empires. But at the end of it, a real Sith is just wanting power and control, the dealings with Jedi are more secondary in that way as is controlling the galaxy.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

March 12th 2020, 2:25 am
Why is it assumed that anyone who breaks even slightly away from the typical mold is not a Sith anymore? Bane went against his contemporaries, too, yet no one questions his ideology.

Level One
Level One

March 12th 2020, 10:19 pm
I mean Vitiate is supposedly not a Sith anymore so I guess we can just dismiss any Sith we want and say that they are no longer a Sith Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore? 1220391476
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 13th 2020, 12:09 am
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:I mean Vitiate is supposedly not a Sith anymore so I guess we can just dismiss any Sith we want and say that they are no longer a Sith Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore? 1220391476
No one says Vitiate isn't a Sith AFAIK.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 13th 2020, 6:34 am
At the end of decieved Aryn says says something like " I no longer belong to an order" Malgus replies: "perhaps we have something in common after all."
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

March 13th 2020, 9:36 am
BoD wrote:
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:I mean Vitiate is supposedly not a Sith anymore so I guess we can just dismiss any Sith we want and say that they are no longer a Sith Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore? 1220391476
No one says Vitiate isn't a Sith AFAIK.
Oh there are
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

March 13th 2020, 10:21 am
Is Darth Malgus even a Sith anymore? 1220391476
FreedonNadd
FreedonNadd

June 21st 2020, 6:35 am
Yes, he is. He just saw through the nonsense of speciesism.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 21st 2020, 1:45 pm

Tenebrae was a Sith up to the Battle of Dromund Kaas. Not afterwards.

When he created Voices, he began to deviate from the Sith philosophy and the Empire; he discovered Zakuul and began to put things in motion for his evolution into Valkorion. Battle of Dromund Kaas was the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Vader's Legacy wrote:At the end of decieved Aryn says says something like " I no longer belong to an order" Malgus replies: "perhaps we have something in common after all."

Aryn Leener abandoned the Jedi Order for sure.

Darth Malgus saying that is interesting.

He earned the mantle of The False Emperor to say the least. Then Darth Acina found him and subjected him to controlling methods with an implant inside him. He has removed said implant now.

Let us see what he does next, that he will renounce his identity and rebel, or not. He is onto something.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum