Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

So where do the Je'daii stand exactly? Empty So where do the Je'daii stand exactly?

March 10th 2020, 9:07 pm
So in viewing some threads old and new ones regarding certain Je'daii or just in general about the Je'daii Order. 

Where exactly do they stand compared to the later Jedi Order and Sith Orders?

I'm kinda lost on this, because as I understand it, logically...the Je'daii Order wouldn't have anywhere near the knowledge or setup compared to the Orders that came after them.

Have I missed some Force feats? Or...?

Like is the average Je'daii like = KOTOR/PT/Legacy average Jedi/Sith? 

I'm just trying to figure this out, because I always see arguments that X is greater than Y due to more knowledge/power etc and so on. But then seeing other threads, suggest the opposite.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

So where do the Je'daii stand exactly? Empty Re: So where do the Je'daii stand exactly?

March 10th 2020, 9:37 pm
Knowledge is lost over time, such as in holocrons. 

Logically, PT Jedi > TOR Jedi > NJO Jedi Je'daii in terms of knowledge and their access to it. In power, the PT Jedi should be ahead because they've had centuries to master the Force, grow, develop and refine their abilities and skills, whereas the Je'daii were only touching the surface of the Force as the PT Jedi or even the TOR Jedi understood it.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

So where do the Je'daii stand exactly? Empty Re: So where do the Je'daii stand exactly?

March 10th 2020, 9:42 pm
BoD wrote:Knowledge is lost over time, such as in holocrons. 

Logically, PT Jedi > TOR Jedi > NJO Jedi Je'daii in terms of knowledge and their access to it. In power, the PT Jedi should be ahead because they've had centuries to master the Force, grow, develop and refine their abilities and skills, whereas the Je'daii were only touching the surface of the Force as the PT Jedi or even the TOR Jedi understood it.

I get that knowledge can be lost over time, but that honestly seems kinda...vague. I only recall Force Drain being lost and then rediscovered, I'm not sure on any other techniques though.

But what do the Je'Daii know that later Orders wouldn't? Saying knowledge was lost....and leaving it at that doesn't give much, what exactly was lost?

Also yeah, that's exactly the kind of scaling I was thinking too. But I'm not too sure now, given arguments against it.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 10th 2020, 9:48 pm
Completely theoretical here, but it's possible that as the Order matured it grew more rigid, meaning that earlier teachings and techniques were abandoned because they didn't fit in with later Jedi principles and morals. For example, something like Electric Judgement would have been abandoned if it had been known by the Je'daii. Techniques are lost all of the time, in the real world, too. Even in the 21st century, we can't replicate some Ancient Greek sculpting and carving techniques because the knowledge of how to do that was lost. 

We can't really say what was lost, but it's likely things were lost and equally a lot of things the TOR/PT/NJO Orders knew hadn't been discovered yet.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

March 10th 2020, 10:09 pm
BoD wrote:Completely theoretical here, but it's possible that as the Order matured it grew more rigid, meaning that earlier teachings and techniques were abandoned because they didn't fit in with later Jedi principles and morals. For example, something like Electric Judgement would have been abandoned if it had been known by the Je'daii. Techniques are lost all of the time, in the real world, too. Even in the 21st century, we can't replicate some Ancient Greek sculpting and carving techniques because the knowledge of how to do that was lost. 

We can't really say what was lost, but it's likely things were lost and equally a lot of things the TOR/PT/NJO Orders knew hadn't been discovered yet.

I mean certainly both Orders didn't adhere to the things the Je'daii did, so it's possible some stuff was lost for both. Though I feel what they gained, perhaps outweighed the loss, since as you said, more knowledge/refinement and so on came for the Jedi and Sith.

I guess I find it also strange, with some debates with regarding some Je'daii that they could match later era Force Users in skill with a blade or Force. I don't doubt perhaps some could, but at the same time I feel like they are really handicapped.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

March 11th 2020, 1:50 am
Knowledge is a factor, but it's not always everything. What matters is their connection to and understanding of the Force and what results they achieve from that.

Ostrander claims that the Force Hounds are analogues for the Jedi. That would then logically extend to the Rakatans, and the Je'daii who resisted them under terrible circumstances.

They also receive some nice scaling from anyone troubled by the flesh raiders in TOR, because by that time the flesh raiders have like what, 15,000 years or something of their Force connection diminishing? Whereas that was only first noticed by Skal'nas in DotJ.

As for individual characters, Xesh and Skal'nas can probably compete with some pretty powerful characters in terms of power and mastery of the Force. Daegen Lok is also pretty interesting, and Sek'nos Rath turned out pretty strong by the end.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum