Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

The Kaggath Tournament (2020) Empty The Kaggath Tournament (2020)

February 28th 2020, 12:14 am
The Kaggath Tournament was a creation of Beniboybling on the forums of SWTOR. It ran from 2013 to 2015 and saw three in the series. Given the current popularity of this forum, I see it as a time for this tournament to return in full force.

What is the Kaggath?

The Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

The number of factions involved will likely vary, but for now at least six spaces need to be filled, with a maximum of 12 possible spaces. This will operate on a first-come, first-serve basis. But do not post your factions below; to avoid an influx of offers and to maintain a level of secrecy I’ve decided to opt for a private message based system. If you are interested, please do post your interest below (this does not guarantee a place), but once your faction is finalised, send it to me via PM. I’ll try to get as many people involved as possible, but note that not everybody is guaranteed a place.

Note that I shall periodically update this thread to anonymously list taken leaders, units and planets.

Once your faction has been submitted, it becomes autonomous – you do not have any direct control over its actions. It operates as any normal Kaggath combatant would, with actions being determined by the nature of its leadership, etc. You are however allowed to debate for your faction until the bitter end. I’m hoping that this will allow those who aren’t able to commit themselves to a large undertaking to participate. As long as you are able to participate in a regular Kaggath you are welcome to join, however you must be available over the majority of the next couple of months. And of course everyone else is welcome to join in the debate even if they have not submitted a faction.

Example faction:

Vader's Vision wrote:Leadership:

Head-of-State: Darth Vader
Second-in-Command: Inquisitor Jerec
Ally: Director Isard
Ally: Cipher Nine
------------
Support:

Supplier: Kuat Drive Yards
Intelligence: Inquisitorious
------------
Military:

Army:
Minor Force: Imperial Shadow Guards
Minor Force: Shadow Stormtrooper
Minor Force: Clone Commandos

Light Vehicle: HK-51 Assassin Droid
Light Vehicle: Dark Trooper Phase III
Heavy Vehicle: AT-AT
---------------
Navy:
Fighter: TIE D/Defender
Bomber: Missile Boat
Elite: Shadow Droid

Light Ship: Modular Taskforce Cruiser
Light Ship: Imperial-Class Frigate
Capital Ship: Imperial II-Class Star Destroyer
Flagship: Megador Star Dreadnought
----------------
Empire:
Capital: Byss
Fortress World: Prakith
Fortress World: Kuat
Organization World: Imperial Center

Tips:

Don’t feel the need to pick the biggest and the baddest. If the Kaggath is any indicator, smaller, wilier and more evasive opponents can often outmanoeuvre larger foes.

Don’t be afraid to pick units from earlier era’s, standard Kaggath rules will apply so technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time).

Try to make your faction mesh well i.e. pick a supplier that complements your ground and/or naval forces, choose planets strategically and think about how your units will work together.

Be creative!

If you have any further questions please post below.

Ground Rules

Spoiler:

Leadership

Overview:

Spoiler:

Head of State:

Spoiler:

Second-in-command:

Spoiler:

Allies:

Spoiler:

Allegiances:

Spoiler:

Influence and assets:

Spoiler:

Suppliers and Organisations

Overview:

Spoiler:

Supplier:

Spoiler:

Organisation:

Spoiler:

Military

Spoiler:

Infantry/Ground Forces:

Spoiler:

Vehicles/Ground Forces:

Spoiler:

Naval Forces:

Spoiler:

Planets and Territories

Spoiler:

Additional Territorial Resources

Spoiler:

Unit Affiliations:

Spoiler:

Roles and Powers of the Arbiter:

Spoiler:
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

The Kaggath Tournament (2020) Empty Re: The Kaggath Tournament (2020)

February 28th 2020, 5:55 pm
Might make a faction, though not today
AncientPower
AncientPower

February 29th 2020, 6:29 am
Excellent, do remember that the early bird gets the worm. So if you worry about someone else getting your pick, you're not wrong.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum