Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Necromancer76
Necromancer76

Top 30 Most Powerful Sith Lords DRAFT Empty Top 30 Most Powerful Sith Lords DRAFT

February 11th 2020, 4:56 pm
Hey fellas, you may or may not know me, I've been debating Star Wars for a little while on CV so here I am. 
Alrighty, so I've been planning on making this for a long time and I always get sidetracked and then get temporarily bored of Star Wars so I want to try and grind it out before that happens again. My plan with this draft is to post it here so it can be discussed and critiqued while I compile the descriptions, backgrounds, lists of feats, quotes, images, etc. Then, once I have it all set up, I'll examine the draft, see what people have proposed and talked about, and then adjust my list accordingly to more accurately depict how the community feels. I would then post it as a blog on CV and change it as time goes on and opinions of certain characters shift.
While it technically will be a list, I'm organizing it into tiers as well to illustrate the great flexibility within each tier. "Power" in this sense mostly equates to dueling ability/skill and force power, but other factors will be taken into account like speed, strength, intelligence, etc. All of these things combined I guess.
I already made a list for Ancient Sith so I'm excluding them, as well as some other characters that I'll bring up if need be.
Anyway, this is what I have at the moment:
Non-Sith Darksiders (that I'm essentially "shouting out" and saying they'd probably be on this list if they had the title of Sith):

• Jerec

• Asajj Ventress

• Savage Oppress

• Arcann (and Thexan)

• Vaylin

Tier 0 (wildcards that don't necessarily fit with the rest):

• Pre-Suit Vader/Knightfall Vader/Mustafar Vader (because I'm already ranking Suited Vader, it's weird to have him twice)

• The Dread Masters (Collective)

• Darth Sion (Immortal)

Now for the actual list:
1. Darth Sidious
2. Lords of the Lost Tribe of the Sith (Darish Vol, Sarasu Taalon, Olaris Rhea, Viun Gaalan, Ivaar Workan combined into one to not take up too many places)
3. Darth Plagueis
4. Valkorion
5. Darth Krayt
6. Revan
7. Darth Caedus
8. Darth Tenebrous
9. Darth Vader (ROTJ)
10. Darth Nihilus
11. Count Dooku
12. Starkiller (composite of the original and clone)
13. Exar Kun
14. Darth Venamis
15. Banite Sith (Ramage/Guile/Gean/Gravid/Vectivus/Millennial/Cognus) (composite of them I guess)
16. Darth Malak
17. Darth Wyyrlok III
18. Darth Zannah
19. Darth Bane
20. Darth Malgus
21. Darth Maul
22. Lumiya
23. Darth Nox (pre-Outlander prime so SoR I think)
24. Second Emperor's Wrath (pre-Outlander prime so SoR I think)
25. Ulic Qel-Droma
26. Darth Nyriss
27. Darth Traya
28. Lord Scourge
29. Darth Marr
30. Darth Jadus

Other candidates who could replace some of those lower picks are Darth Thanaton, Darth Baras, Darth Nihl, Darth Talon, Darth Maladi, Vestara Khai, Gavar Khai, etc.
The specific tiers (besides Tier 0):

• Tier 1: Rankings 1-5

• Tier 2: Rankings 6-10

• Tier 3: Rankings 11-15

• Tier 4: Rankings 16-30

• Tier 5: Anyone that didn't quite make it

If you disagree with any, PLEASE say so in the comments so I can fix it to match the community. I placed these characters from past discussions so they might not apply anymore. I'm happy to explain why I placed them where I did, but if you argue against it, I won't really put up a defense because I'm more than willing to change the placements. Tier groups can be shifted as well.
Anyway, this is mostly for fun so I encourage everyone to not get too hostile with each other (as I have many times in the past). It'll just be cool to have one big list for us hyper mega ultra Star Wars fans to appreciate and whatnot.
Thank you all for giving me the time of day ;)
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Top 30 Most Powerful Sith Lords DRAFT Empty Re: Top 30 Most Powerful Sith Lords DRAFT

February 11th 2020, 5:17 pm
ur list seems to be comprised of ur own imo, so idk how much u looked into each of those characters. for example, ur composite banite sith thing makes no sense, as someone like cognus, who was a good deal stronger than bane at her prime, is a good deal weaker than tenebrous' master, for example. pretty much the same thing goes for the lost tribe sith. there is a lotta stuff here, but these seem to bother me the most lol
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Top 30 Most Powerful Sith Lords DRAFT Empty Re: Top 30 Most Powerful Sith Lords DRAFT

February 11th 2020, 5:22 pm
Valkorion does not appear to be a "Sith" though.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 11th 2020, 5:23 pm
And Revan isn't also a Sith.
Necromancer76
Necromancer76

February 11th 2020, 5:27 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:ur list seems to be comprised of ur own imo, so idk how much u looked into each of those characters. for example, ur composite banite sith thing makes no sense, as someone like cognus, who was a good deal stronger than bane at her prime, is a good deal weaker than tenebrous' master, for example. pretty much the same thing goes for the lost tribe sith. there is a lotta stuff here, but these seem to bother me the most lol
Yeah, I apologize for the weird groupings. I did it so they didn't take up the entire list. Listing out Darth Gean, Darth Gravid, Darth Cognus, etc. would just fill up the list with borderline featless characters and I didn't really want to do that. Same goes for the Lost Tribe except they have at least a few feats, but that's still like 5 characters that could take up spots for other well-known characters.
Necromancer76
Necromancer76

February 11th 2020, 5:28 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:And Revan isn't also a Sith.
Fair point on both, although I guess I included them because they were official Sith Lords at some point in their career. Although I am using their prime versions so it does seem a little confusing.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

February 11th 2020, 5:29 pm
Official sources declare Malak > Kun lol
Necromancer76
Necromancer76

February 11th 2020, 5:30 pm
IG wrote:Official sources declare Malak > Kun lol
Yeah, I kinda just put him there because I know the quote regarding his face thing is pretty contradictory, so I wanted to see how most people feel about it. I know I saw debates on SI regarding the very quote so I'm curious to see what people think.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

February 11th 2020, 5:31 pm
Well literally everybody but AP regards the quote as canon lol. It’s asking what gave him the power, not asking if he was given the power by his mask.
Necromancer76
Necromancer76

February 11th 2020, 5:45 pm
IG wrote:Well literally everybody but AP regards the quote as canon lol. It’s asking what gave him the power, not asking if he was given the power by his mask.
If so, then in your opinion, would Malak go up or Kun go down? Taking into account the characters between them.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

February 11th 2020, 5:45 pm
I’ll be busy the next couple days, but I’ll definitely check this out the soonest I can. Top 30 Most Powerful Sith Lords DRAFT 1289255181
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 11th 2020, 5:47 pm
Aside from Valk not being a Sith, I'd move the EW up. They're clearly meant to be the strongest Imperial class via the narrative. He should be above 21. Also, Lumiya should be far lower and Malgus (assuming Onslaught) should be around Bane level, if not higher.

Ulic also has a handful of sources putting him ~ Exar Kun.
Necromancer76
Necromancer76

February 11th 2020, 5:53 pm
BoD wrote:Aside from Valk not being a Sith, I'd move the EW up. They're clearly meant to be the strongest Imperial class via the narrative. He should be above 21. Also, Lumiya should be far lower and Malgus (assuming Onslaught) should be around Bane level, if not higher.

Ulic also has a handful of sources putting him ~ Exar Kun.
Adding all of this to my notes. Two questions though:
-Is it confirmed that EW > Nox? I thought they were pretty much equal.
-So Lumiya's fights with Luke don't really amount to much?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 11th 2020, 5:59 pm
-Is it confirmed that EW > Nox? I thought they were pretty much equal.

Not confirmed, no. However, consider also that the Emperor's Hand approached the Wrath instead of Nox when the role of the Wrath is literally one of power and skill. He's also the antithesis of the HoT, who's the MVP among the SWTOR protagonists.

-So Lumiya's fights with Luke don't really amount to much?

Most of them have context. She's so far below him in power it's not even funny.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 11th 2020, 6:29 pm
Pure Force power:

1. Sidious
2. Krayt
3. Vader
4. Plagueis
5. Vitiate

Dueling:

1. Sidious
2. Krayt
3. Vader
4. Plagueis

Overall:

1. Sidious
2. Plagueis (midi-chlorian manipulation hax)
3. Krayt
4. Vader
5. Vitiate

That's about it as far as a definitive ranking goes for me. It gets too murky afterwards.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 11th 2020, 6:31 pm
@BoD @Necromancer76 TORE states millions of Sith were considered for the position of Wrath but only one was chosen in the end. Seems like indirect confirmation that the Emperor's Wrath II is above Nox.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 11th 2020, 6:32 pm
@Azronger What makes you say Vader > Vitiate in power, out of curiosity?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 11th 2020, 6:33 pm
Azronger wrote:@BoD @Necromancer76 TORE states millions of Sith were considered for the position of Wrath but only one was chosen in the end. Seems like indirect confirmation that the Emperor's Wrath II is above Nox.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 11th 2020, 6:36 pm
BoD wrote:@Azronger What makes you say Vader > Vitiate in power, out of curiosity?

I'm referring to pre-suit Vader, for the record. His parity with Sheev elevates him beyond vanilla Vitiate.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 11th 2020, 6:36 pm
Ah, I see.
Necromancer76
Necromancer76

February 11th 2020, 7:46 pm
Azronger wrote:
BoD wrote:@Azronger What makes you say Vader > Vitiate in power, out of curiosity?

I'm referring to pre-suit Vader, for the record. His parity with Sheev elevates him beyond vanilla Vitiate.
So is this also Pre-suit Vader who you have above Plagueis in terms of dueling?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

February 11th 2020, 8:09 pm
Necromancer76 wrote:
Azronger wrote:

So is this also Pre-suit Vader who you have above Plagueis in terms of dueling?
anakin is possibly the 2nd best duelist in the verse after luke skywalker. and yes, thats who he means by pre suit vader.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 12th 2020, 4:32 am
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

February 12th 2020, 4:45 am
IG wrote:Official sources declare Malak > Kun lol

ONE official source claims Malak > Kun when this is demonstratably not the case in the actual source material. Malak isn't even on par with Nihilus, nevermind Ragnos and Ragnos' superior.

You can also stop with the 'only AP doesn't agree' horse manure because I'm far from the only one.
Shioz
Shioz

February 12th 2020, 5:20 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Drawing up such a top is a pointless exercise. Even an attempt to make the top 5 so that it has at least some claim to objectivity can hardly succeed, no matter how knowledgeable you are. A better solution would be to create a tier list.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum