Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Full potential Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Full potential Darth Maul Empty Full potential Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Full potential Darth Maul

February 5th 2020, 4:06 pm
Standard conditions per SI rules. I don't think this has ever been made, so I thought it would be worth doing.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Full potential Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Full potential Darth Maul Empty Re: Full potential Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Full potential Darth Maul

February 5th 2020, 4:24 pm
tough fight, but i think kenobi may just win.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Full potential Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Full potential Darth Maul Empty Re: Full potential Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Full potential Darth Maul

February 5th 2020, 4:32 pm
Obi-Wan.
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

February 5th 2020, 4:33 pm
Maul
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 5th 2020, 4:40 pm
Maul would shred him into pieces
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 5th 2020, 4:45 pm
Just remembered Maul was meant to surpass Sidious. Never mind, Maul ragdolls.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

February 5th 2020, 4:53 pm
Obi wan achieves Buhdda status and fists Maul
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

February 5th 2020, 5:02 pm
BoD wrote:Just remembered Maul was meant to surpass Sidious. Never mind, Maul ragdolls.
i thought about that, but kenobi suddenly getting into dooku tier by getting an emotional/mental amp kinda scares me tbh. if he trained as rigorously as maul, he could surpass him imo
Corvinus
Corvinus

February 5th 2020, 5:08 pm
Maul. He had the potential to surpass Sidious.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

February 5th 2020, 8:08 pm
If I'm not mistaken, Maul had the potential to surpass Sheev. Meanwhile Yoda told Obi Wan he would never be strong enough to kill Sheev. I'm rolling with Maul
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 6th 2020, 4:28 am
I'm not sure Yoda said ever.

Depends on the circumstances. All things made equal, the Light Side typically beats the Dark, so Kenobi probably.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

February 6th 2020, 4:39 am
"Strong enough to face Lord Sidious, you will never be. Die
you will, and painfully."-RotS Novel
@ILS
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

February 6th 2020, 5:57 am
Maul ragdolls with no effort.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 6th 2020, 6:09 am
KingofBlades wrote:"Strong enough to face Lord Sidious, you will never be. Die
@ILS
Interesting. Maul probably kicks his ass then short of some insane oneness moment.
LOTL

February 7th 2020, 7:19 pm
@ILS

Yoda cannot possibly estimate Sidious's potential relative to Obi Wan so that is a moot point. He could just as easily be telling from the perspective that Sidious being a dark sider can grow more than Obi Wan being a light sider, and he has no idea how much Sidious has progressed in his training. This is not even including additional things like Sidious draining the galaxy, feeding on the dark side and on the populations of planets( did he begin his Byss experiments by then), the strength of the dark side increasing and the light side becoming weaker, Yoda's theories on the topic, speculation etc. You know, things that increase Sidious's power more than his biological speed

It is all Yoda's theory that could just as easily be wrong. He has not encountered Sidious yet, and hence, has no way of telling his actual potential.

When it comes to facts, Luke has put Obi Wan's potential beyond Kyp's potential among the Jedi that he has seen. You have a padawan Obi Wan matching Maul with only a rage amp( but by that logic, Maul is perpetually rage amped), despite having "infinitely" lesser training, resources etc. that denotes that, at the very least, their potential should be similar( considering that their ages are quite similar)

Lastly, Yoda seems to think that late CW Mace, Skywalker and Ahsoka are needed to be sent against an Obi Wan that has potentially turned to the dark side. Two of those are Dooku level combatants and one is a Grevious level combatant, so it is quite likely that Yoda's opinion is retconned by the continuity( post 2008)
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

February 7th 2020, 7:23 pm
How does Kyp compare to Palpatine? And could you please repost the quote, I lost it.
LOTL

February 7th 2020, 7:23 pm
LOTL wrote:
@ILS

Yoda cannot possibly estimate Sidious's potential relative to Obi Wan so that is a moot point. He could just as easily be telling from the perspective that Sidious being a dark sider can grow more than Obi Wan being a light sider, and he has no idea how much Sidious has progressed in his training. This is not even including additional things like Sidious draining the galaxy, feeding on the dark side and on the populations of planets( did he begin his Byss experiments by then), the strength of the dark side increasing and the light side becoming weaker, Yoda's theories on the topic, speculation etc. You know, things that increase Sidious's power more than his biological speed

It is all Yoda's theory that could just as easily be wrong. He has not encountered Sidious yet, and hence, has no way of telling his actual potential.

When it comes to facts, Luke has put Obi Wan's potential beyond Kyp's potential among the Jedi that he has seen. You have a padawan Obi Wan matching Maul with only a rage amp( but by that logic, Maul is perpetually rage amped), despite having "infinitely" lesser training, resources etc. that denotes that, at the very least, their potential should be similar( considering that their ages are quite similar)

Lastly, Yoda seems to think that late CW Mace, Skywalker and Ahsoka are needed to be sent against an Obi Wan that has potentially turned to the dark side. Two of those are Dooku level combatants and one is a Grevious level combatant, so it is quite likely that Yoda's opinion is retconned by the continuity( post 2008)

Comparably match. not match as in be equal

Last edited by LOTL on February 7th 2020, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
LOTL

February 7th 2020, 7:24 pm
Latham2000 wrote:How does Kyp compare to Palpatine? And could you please repost the quote, I lost it.

Didn't Luke say that Kyp at complete potential could be a threat to him?

Ethan has it
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 7th 2020, 7:46 pm
Bear in mind that Yoda was also trying to convince Obi-Wan to go after Vader. If Yoda had said "you're not strong enough right now", Obi-Wan would have argued against it and may have gone after Sidious and gotten killed. Yoda has no way of knowing if Obi-Wan will ever be strong enough to face Sidious because he's never faced Sidious.
LOTL

February 7th 2020, 7:48 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
BoD wrote:Bear in mind that Yoda was also trying to convince Obi-Wan to go after Vader. If Yoda had said "you're not strong enough right now", Obi-Wan would have argued against it and may have gone after Sidious and gotten killed. Yoda has no way of knowing if Obi-Wan will ever be strong enough to face Sidious because he's never faced Sidious.

All that time spent concocting the best argument to oppose this( for a long time, possibly since I began debating) and the simplest one doesn't click

Lol
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

February 8th 2020, 8:13 am
LOTL wrote:
Latham2000 wrote:How does Kyp compare to Palpatine? And could you please repost the quote, I lost it.

Ethan has it

OK, so Obi-Wan has potential exceeding another guy's potential that means being a threat to Luke (I'm assuming it's post-DE Luke who is > DE Sidious).

Maul has potential exceeding PT era Sidious, but we don't know if it's by a slight or vast margin.

Perhaps Kenobi wins.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 8th 2020, 8:34 am
DE Luke isn't > DE Sidious though.
LOTL

February 8th 2020, 9:54 am
Latham2000 wrote:
LOTL wrote:

Ethan has it

OK, so Obi-Wan has potential exceeding another guy's potential that means being a threat to Luke (I'm assuming it's post-DE Luke who is > DE Sidious).

Maul has potential exceeding PT era Sidious, but we don't know if it's by a slight or vast margin.

Perhaps Kenobi wins.

Or you can just look at their TPM battle. He is close to Maul, using the same energy source, yet his training is vastly inferior and his age is similar to Maul

Maul likely has superior potential but the notion that he stomps is nonsensical
MP

February 8th 2020, 10:06 am
I wouldn’t say Kenobi’s training was *vastly* inferior.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

February 8th 2020, 10:07 am
Sidious vs Qui-Gon debate. Here we go.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum