Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AlexSerp
AlexSerp

Dooku question Empty Dooku question

January 30th 2020, 12:08 pm
Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (novelization) wrote:However, only one death was in his plan, and this dumb-show was becoming tiresome. Not to mention tiring. The dark power that served him went only so far, and he was, after all, not a young man.

What means "The dark power that served him went only so far" line? Is Tyranus' dark side power worsened his physical condition?
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

Dooku question Empty Re: Dooku question

January 30th 2020, 12:30 pm
It means that Dooku’s Force abilities can’t entirely make up for the fact that he’s so old.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 30th 2020, 12:31 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
As I'm sure you're aware, all Force Users use the Force to augment their physical abilities in combat and improve their stamina. Dooku explicitly struggles to keep up in fights - his stamina isn't as good as those younger than him - (i.e. "he was, after all, not a young man"), so he uses the Force (as aforementioned) to compensate for his lack of physical ability (e.g. "the weight of his years dropped by"). However, it can only compensate up to a certain point - it is limited (i.e. "the dark power that served him went only so far"), and thus Dooku is struggling to keep up in the duel, so he resolves to finish it quickly. That's essentially what your quote is saying - Dooku's augmentation only goes so far as to help him deal with his age impacting his stamina.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum