Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Kam Solusar respect thread  Empty Kam Solusar respect thread

January 29th 2020, 8:02 am
Message reputation : 100% (8 votes)
Respect Kam Solusar
 Kam Solusar respect thread  BfnvooGcq2lrUtkk5PUHBP8LpeJCKoDvJ6pOAK5TxUH-Vz157ujIPcBmQqcCcnz5Qmad3hEa7STUQoFDzQSwdMdVYe0YUx3uag_wmDJNXHSNo8uTBVIP46dZZlhY4tru-fOXCIJ_
"I was apprenticed to the great Jedi Master, Ranik Solusar—my father. Now I have begun my service under Luke Skywalker."

Spoiler:

Accolades (power/skill)

Before being turned to the light side by Luke Skywalker, Kam Solusar was a member of the dark side elite on Vjun, and was chosen for his strength in the force: 

Databank: Vjun wrote:On Vjun, Darth Vader built Bast Castle, a remote, heavily-defended structure that was his private refuge. The planet later served as the headquarters of dark side Executor Sedriss and the Emperor's elite force of Dark Jedi, including Kam Solusar.

Kam Solusar respect thread  SAG6yGyYM2unNpxWNNUcwPexUMdRl8gArNBThiWd5MCprXoZhsOlkgZsfKP_k4TgHeZ1WCxU4Q00sGf4tOYwUR53VpLShm1uPXj_2-xRm-y_x3AWLHm7TTwyyLXUApyUTARpU5x2
(The new essential guide to characters) 

Those were noted to be particularly strong in the force:

While some were merely yes-men, cronies barely fit to be footstools in the Imperial Court, others possessed tremendous strength in the Force. Coupled with maniacal lust for power, or merely psychotic, these dark side adepts were some of the most dangerous Force users in the galaxy short of the Emperor himself.
(Dark empire handbook 3) 
While none of them were permitted to advance far compared to Palpatine’s own level of power, they did become quite powerful indeed.
(Dark empire sourcebook) 

It’s important to note that Solusar obtained an apparent boost in force power when Luke redeemed him, which the DE audio drama seems to imply and made all the more evident by his ability to take his former master with a single shot: 

Dark empire audio drama script wrote:LUKE: Kam Solusar--I give you back your life!! I give you your freedom! I give you the power that is already yours-- the power of the Jedi!!
Sound: The Force fades.
KAM: (with new strength in his voice) Skywalker.....I'm free.

As a member of Luke’s newly formed jedi academy, Kam is noted to have an astounding command of the force in certain areas, which is rather impressive considering his lack of formal jedi training: 

Kam Solusar respect thread  YCSdQzzBCoBZhDM_7iKpmsq_75XpO2B-dG16lSTfnxPjrdPdamczkBcobA4qx9MHG91mxTX7nYm4eHXBnNPeZUnVwPXDxOKlr6V7GKxHKlAzfgeQ08a0Dk0YSbI_SdHqiMcFPeVx
(Jedi academy sourcebook) 

Which is further confirmed by the description of an unpublished comic: 

The reborn Emperor used him as one of his personal Dark Jedi on Byss.  When Luke first met him on Nespis VIII, Luke sensed his strength in the Force behind the Dark Side facade, and challenged Kam to a game of Lightsider, an ancient Jedi Force-game.  Luke won, and convinced Kam to return to the Light Side, and gains a new ally in the way. Kam eventually returned to Luke, joining the Jedi candidates on Yavin 4. He became one of Luke's most gifted apprentices, and became a full Jedi Knight several years after the death of Palpatine's clones.  (conjecture based on the Dark Empire II audio drama)
(Rich Handley, "Comics That Almost Were", Star Wars Galaxy Collector #4, Link

As a student, his powers are noted to be broad and strong, along with others, and unlike Corran Horn or Cilghal, who were specialized in specific areas: 

Champions of the force wrote:Others, such as Dorsk 81, Kam Solusar, and Kirana Ti had not exhibited their particular aptitudes yet, though their powers were broad and strong. 

Furthermore, they were noted to be growing stronger with each passing day, meaning that Solusar, as a fully fledged knight, should be solidly more powerful than his DS elite iteration: 

Champions of the force wrote:Luke gathered his Jedi Knights around him, sensed their growing power intertwined. They were a team, not just wild cards with powers and abilities they did  not understand.
[…]
There was no telling how long it would take for him to recover, but with each passing day the apprentices grew in strength as well.

Moving to lightsaber skill, Kam has been stated to be arguably the greatest lightsaber master in the entire jedi order, along with the likes of Cin Drallig and Kyle Katarn: 

Wizards of the coast wrote:The greatest master of lightsaber combat in the Jedi Order was known as the Battlemaster. This Jedi was the head instructor of lightsaber combat and sometimes lived at the temple training full time. Some well-known battlemasters are Cin Drallig, Kam Solusar and Kyle Katarn, who was the last to use the title. It is possible that Anoon Bondara and Sora Bulq were also Battlemasters, but there is not enough evidence to know for sure.

This would obviously include a mastery of all seven forms, along with the three rings of defense, which he brought into the new jedi order from his training as a DS elite and refined along with Corran Horn:
Kam Solusar respect thread  KaY0-zM-3lMk2hnvopvEWCi4t44IAZElPanOyOxksEqZ7Q7uHv0XlXt9Gs6cpTFB2m7hcQQTBjCPAoqYC87VwgTlyyUbl6cYktCi2YiULGGH7pjoz9wyLCEKD_UGfXfuaNNJZIih
(The essential reader’s companion) 

Combat feats 

He fights Luke Skywalker, who challenges him to the Jedi game of “lightsider”. The Audio drama describes the two as “grunting with effort” for a time, however it’s also made clear by supplementary sources (and even the script itself to an extent) Luke wanted to redeem him and Luke won anyway: 

Spoiler:

(Dark empire Audio drama and script ) 

Dark apprentice wrote:Then came Kam Solusar, an older man, son of a Jedi that Vader had slaughtered long ago. Solusar had fled the Empire after the great Jedi purge and had spent decades in isolation beyond the inhabited star systems. Upon returning, Solusar had been captured and tortured by evil Jedi, twisted to the dark side of the Force, but Luke had bested him in the game of Lightsider. Solusar had received advanced training in certain areas, but because of his self-imposed exile, he still knew little about many aspects of the Force.

Kam Solusar respect thread  JlBRFAoS29QglVLbHQjlH3Kzm-gEyimDgzM2Q5MaP4I9_qeq_l54sHIDdNE2zfan7y78q139agbaTajMiAzO8o56uYBEE7aSUG04332xoOgH4OSlOXAakeOk9NobgBHO9-FbjKKW
(The new essential guide to characters) 

Shortly afterwards, he menages to defeat his former master Vill Goir with a single lightsaber strike, overcoming both his opponent’s skill and force augmentation. 

Kam Solusar respect thread  1Ch4hWt7saQ2OvdBKzptFzHij-CeIGHm-4TAA3IP_29xV2-bJvJ6UhjVsrTESLapdueojr-6svB4cDB_Aw2dXd1FaNt0g6AOs_Rmc13aYiYuA2jgoQ9oV2Rx40Ud51gZhZwbyywQ
(Dark Empire) 

This is especially impressive when we consider the kind of force strength the elite is noted as possessing (see earlier) and that he accompanied the most powerful member, Sedriss, in an attempt to capture Luke: 

Kam Solusar respect thread  UZyYIlb-Vy0nDvl96Kn5-FhlgIZ5r6cUQLz4Rex1AacFjVOvG7SUzbiQPdEnaKOgcfnL0UWWSdsC9Av-ktHy4gaCxjMvF6dkWHv7_wx6Ew9ZU_I1Ht90FQjb66RlmErTCctpSeYk

He fights Corran Horn in a sparring session, although he only wins by means of telekinesis, where Horn is at a clear disadvantage because of an innate deficiency with the ability, they clearly seem to be evenly matched from the very beginning: 

Kam Solusar respect thread  M3_ivk_VrgsFGR4FDUbH-qCPLBEtDIs46OFnemSr3ouwkoVTOgrmF6vwy1g08Ee--Uq6xRLiS80rRLsbzMD3zUwXNd2_HaEepkD21tAHWBGZYWRHxLN6EE49QE1M0mroM81w7Aci

Kam Solusar respect thread  AyK02pkPz0kz0EYpJUQozBfuCZnCYsWBou8aC4h9aPtnBPj04R2-UrAmdZyDqGsNvrWNQuxaFZfXBb6Q5VkbrX1tvG-DRuk6eGgulhRV4s3KiX-0CVaBUjeN3hKo1rT5rqAxdj6B
(Star Wars: Union) 

Notably, Corran Horn around this time period was noted to be a near-equal of Mara Jade, herself “the empire’s deadliest agent”: 

I, jedi wrote:After lunch we would listen to more Jedi lore from the Holocron, then Mara and I would practice with the lightsaber. While I was not her equal with the shimmering blade, we would have been closely enough matched to seriously hurt each other, so Kam just pitted us against remotes.

The new essential guide to characters wrote:The Empire's deadliest agent married to the Rebel Alliance's greatest hero. The irony is thick, but many on both sides relish the symbolism.

Force abilities 

Overview
According to the D20 statistics, Solusar’s main (“anchor”) abilities are battlemind, enhance ability and force defense, meaning his skills are geared towards reinforcing lightsaber combat with augmentation abilities and a decent defense. He’s also almost as capable in TK and TP, meaning his other abilities would not be overtly hampered (his power is in fact slightly disproportionate in affect mind). However, he’s clearly poor in force healing, despite having something of an aptitude for the ability. Overall, Kam’s powers are clearly combat-oriented and meant as a support for lightsaber combat, which is not unexpected from a Jedi battlemaster.

Kam Solusar respect thread  2vuMjKJ2RXug8DGRpRbLLn5RlVJAQUXN5RlGcPfiBlwYZhq5w2KNfwRhp01ms72nwSCecUvX-IdyFiFS0_bHWy6UeR_hfws2RBbBvaLkRGEBCSRwmjI5kipRSCOivDsPw90a36Rz

With this in mind, let’s move to his feats in each area.

Telekinesis 
As a Jedi knight, he grabs boulders with the force and throws them with enough force to destroy tie fighters: 

Darksaber wrote:`Kam Solusar stood on the other side of the clearing and, using the Force, he, too, began hurling rocks at the remaining two TIE fighters. The boulders battered the Imperial ships, smashing through the cockpits. All the Jedi trainees had the idea now, and a blast of sharp rock shards hammered the two fleeing ships out of the sky. Both exploded in midflight to the cheers of the embattled Jedi students.

Force harmony

Along with the other knights, he aids Dorsk 81, in a state of oneness, in creating a massive force wave that repelled 17 star destroyers: 

Spoiler:

Physical capabilities/ force augmentation 
Kam is noted as the strongest out of all the Jedi students, however that appears to be a result of his innate physical strength rather than his force augmentation: 

I, Jedi wrote:Kam Solusar was really Brakiss' antithesis, despite sharing his blond coloration. Kam's hair had been cut short and a bit raggedly. The strong blocky nature of his features was en-hanced by the stubble on his cheeks and chin. His powerfully athletic build marked him as the physically strongest of us, and the seams on his face and leathery quality of flesh on his hands clued me in to both his age and the hardships he'd lived through.

Force illusion 

He helps his wife Tionne to maintain an illusion (using a Fallanassi tecnique) on the Yavin 4 Jedi Praxeum, for an extended period of time, to keep strangers away. Note that, while Anakin thinks Ikrit and Streen are present, other supplementary sources seem to imply it was only Kam and Tionne who were maintaining it, which is impressive for Kam given that Tionne is noted to have very limited force potential: 

Edge of victory: 1 wrote:Jaina's eyes widened. "You think they'll move against us while we're gathered here?" Anakin drew a negative arc with his chin. "Things aren't that bad yet, and who would want to face all of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy at once? That would be crazy— us they'll pick off one at a time. But—" "The praxeum!" Jacen interrupted. "Yes," Anakin agreed. "The Jedi academy!" "But they're just kids!" Jaina said. "Have you noticed that makes any difference to the Yuuzhan Vong, or to the Peace Brigade, for that matter?" Jacen asked. "Besides, Anakin's only sixteen, and he's killed more Yuuzhan Vong in hand-to-hand combat than any of us. The Yuuzhan Vong know that." "What about the illusion the Jedi have been maintaining around Yavin Four? That's been keeping strangers away." "Not since almost all of the Jedi Knights have left," Anakin said. "They've either come to Coruscant to this meeting, or gone off to try to help comrades who've disappeared. Last I heard, only the students Kam and Tionne are left, with maybe Streen, and Master Ikrit. They might not be strong enough. Where did Uncle Luke go? We should talk to him about this, right away. It may already be too late." "That's a good call, Anakin," Jacen admitted. "Thanks." What Anakin didn't mention to his siblings was how he had awakened in the night, heart thrumming, gripped by a nameless dread. And though he couldn't remember the dream that had torn him from sleep, one image had remained with him: the blond hair and green eyes of Tahiri, his best friend. And Tahiri was at the academy.

Kam Solusar respect thread  IsezVfm5RJj99wiRl0DbAdqCtIdIXP5oHuP_CU6drSqfmh1ToWKzydG6qVEhjKTcDrEGdvErK1T0C9JW9OvDGWYHTFxAsAneldWRw-mONs59TQrl31oe60Ydgnz1JMkcj2E_PIhU
(New jedi order sourcebook) 

Kam Solusar respect thread  XKhOSffWCAmaGFTMq0k04UrTdmw8V9HgdU1aCObGJ9UjAOglSEsn5bTqBIkE6Nh-DnjNk6eScI6PW_Rs3FsvEz5HIOgS-X850VsC23JRkjEY2WuUnWAkp7slc-sy36fo0MjQrUxQ
(The essential guide to characters) 

Conclusion 

Thanks for reading! Hopefully you’ve learned something new. If you have any quote you might feel worth adding let me know and I’ll make sure to do it. 
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Kam Solusar respect thread  Empty Re: Kam Solusar respect thread

January 29th 2020, 8:36 am
cool, i liked it.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

January 29th 2020, 8:44 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:cool, i liked it.
If you did, please give it a star Kam Solusar respect thread  1289255181
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

January 29th 2020, 8:55 am
Great thread, @MasterCilghal.
Shioz
Shioz

January 29th 2020, 9:04 am
Great work. It's nice to see RT for little-known Force users.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

January 29th 2020, 9:13 am
@DarthAnt66 @Shioz thank you both.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four