Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Haggis
Haggis

Jaina Solo vs Cade skywalker Empty Jaina Solo Fel vs Cade Skywalker

April 24th 2019, 9:53 am
Jaina Solo vs Cade skywalker Cade_v10

- Jaina as of Fate of the Jedi
- Cade as of Legacy - War

R1: Sabers
R2: Force
R3: All Out
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Jaina Solo vs Cade skywalker Empty Re: Jaina Solo vs Cade skywalker

April 24th 2019, 10:31 am
Jaina.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 24th 2019, 11:07 am
DC77 wrote:Jaina.
In every round? Why?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

April 24th 2019, 11:37 am
Cade.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 24th 2019, 2:51 pm
@ILS I could be swayed to Cade's side and maybe not every round but as of now I still see her taking a majority due to her general established position as one of the NJO top dogs as of FOTJ.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 24th 2019, 3:22 pm
DC77 wrote:@ILS I could be swayed to Cade's side and maybe not every round but as of now I still see her taking a majority due to her general established position as one of the NJO top dogs as of FOTJ.
What about that makes her better than Cade exactly?
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 24th 2019, 4:02 pm
Cade is way more impressive by the end of the by both feat and portrayal.

HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

April 24th 2019, 11:50 pm
Cade destroys. Jaina is only good when she has a Luke power amp.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 25th 2019, 2:38 am
Fate of the Jedi Jaina might win this.
Gᴏᴀᴛ
Gᴏᴀᴛ

April 25th 2019, 9:27 am
FotJ or Crucible Jaina could win, the others versions, however, die.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 25th 2019, 11:22 am
This Jaina has a great accolade: 

On most days, that would have been an easy job for two Jedi Masters and Jaina Solo, who, as Sword of the Jedi, had proven time and again that she was the combat equal of anyone in the Order.

Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
There’s even a point where it is stated that Jaina is the sword of the Jedi and Luke isn’t, implying greater skill, but That of course is an hyperbole.
Haggis
Haggis

April 25th 2019, 12:49 pm
mastercilghal wrote:This Jaina has a great accolade: 

On most days, that would have been an easy job for two Jedi Masters and Jaina Solo, who, as Sword of the Jedi, had proven time and again that she was the combat equal of anyone in the Order.

There’s even a point where it is stated that Jaina is the sword of the Jedi and Luke isn’t, implying greater skill, but That of course is an hyperbole.

Firstly, that accolade is far too general. For one, being claimed to be the combat equal of "anyone in the Order" is a such a generalized statement and can cover a wide spread ranging from say Tionne Solusar to Luke Skywalker himself, it's vague. And being claimed to be the 'Sword of the Jedi' when Luke isn't doesn't really mean that she is superior to him with the blade - it strikes me as a more personal version of something like Battlemaster or Weapons Master. It's merely a recognition that she's skilled. A title on its own doesn't give her merit enough to take someone like Cade.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 25th 2019, 2:20 pm
TheGlory wrote:
mastercilghal wrote:This Jaina has a great accolade: 

Firstly, that accolade is far too general. For one, being claimed to be the combat equal of "anyone in the Order" is a such a generalized statement and can cover a wide spread ranging from say Tionne Solusar to Luke Skywalker himself, it's vague. And being claimed to be the 'Sword of the Jedi' when Luke isn't doesn't really mean that she is superior to him with the blade - it strikes me as a more personal version of something like Battlemaster or Weapons Master. It's merely a recognition that she's skilled. A title on its own doesn't give her merit enough to take someone like Cade.

Considering Jaina’s overall reputation i’d say the statement refers more to the high tiers in the order than the low ones, But that’s a fair point. Overall, the quote is really up to one’s interpretation.
But Jaina has more than just titles and accolades. Considering her performance against the Sith in ascension and others I would say she stands a fair chance of taking this.
Haggis
Haggis

April 25th 2019, 2:26 pm
mastercilghal wrote: Considering Jaina’s overall reputation i’d say the statement refers more to the high tiers in the order than the low ones, But that’s a fair point. Overall, the quote is really up to one’s interpretation.
But Jaina has more than just titles and accolades. Considering her performance against the Sith in ascension and others I would say she stands a fair chance of taking this.

And what reputation would that be? Being considered skilled among the Order is nice and all, but what sets her so drastically apart from someone like Kyle Katarn, for instance?

Okay, but what about these Sith suggests this showing would exceed anything Cade has under his belt? Honestly, Cade clowning both Darth Nihl and Darth Talon a good while before his prime seems more impressive, especially since these Sith are considered among the most skilled in the One Sith and managed to attain a favourable position in that Order.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 25th 2019, 2:44 pm
TheGlory wrote:
mastercilghal wrote: Considering Jaina’s overall reputation i’d say the statement refers more to the high tiers in the order than the low ones, But that’s a fair point. Overall, the quote is really up to one’s interpretation.

And what reputation would that be? Being considered skilled among the Order is nice and all, but what sets her so drastically apart from someone like Kyle Katarn, for instance?

Okay, but what about these Sith suggests this showing would exceed anything Cade has under his belt? Honestly, Cade clowning both Darth Nihl and Darth Talon a good while before his prime seems more impressive, especially since these Sith are considered among the most skilled in the One Sith and managed to attain a favourable position in that Order.
Being on par with Kyle Katarn is pretty good, considering that the latter is stated to be on par with Viun Galaan, who contended with Luke Skywalker ( albeit on a dark side nexus and against a slightly weakened Luke). 
The feat i’m talking about is impressive because those three Sith were among the best sith sabers in the lost tribe, were amped to a considerable degree while Jaina was weakened, yet she defeated 3 of them with relative ease. 
I would also add that Jaina has other compelling feats, like besting Tsavong Lah, and partially defending from a telekinetic attack from abeloth.
Haggis
Haggis

April 25th 2019, 3:52 pm
mastercilghal wrote: Being on par with Kyle Katarn is pretty good, considering that the latter is stated to be on par with Viun Galaan, who contended with Luke Skywalker ( albeit on a dark side nexus and against a slightly weakened Luke). 

My point was less so that she was on par with Katarn, I just brought him up as an example. My point is that you imply she's comparable to a the higher tiers within the NJO based off a vague quotation that can honestly apply to anyone. And even if she does compare to Katarn, he's still no where near Luke - especially since he failed to apprehend an injured Caedus with others as back-up.

Onto the Gaalan point. Even taking the DS nexus off the table, Luke has an awful habit of holding back - even in the most dangerous of situations with the fate of the Galaxy in his hands. For instance, both Jacen and Jaina bore witness to his performance against the Vong Slayers and Shimmra in TUF, yet the pair muse in later books that they've only seen a fraction of Luke's true power. I see no reason why this wouldn't be the case against Gaalan, especially since we know for a fact that Luke is well beyond Viun because Darish Vol, whom is confirmed to be the most powerful of the Lost Tribe, has "much of" Luke's power at best.  

The feat i’m talking about is impressive because those three Sith were among the best sith sabers in the lost tribe, were amped to a considerable degree while Jaina was weakened, yet she defeated 3 of them with relative ease.

Firstly, is there evidence that they were among the best? Secondly, even if that is true I fail to see how this places Jaina in a position to beat Cade. Sith Sabers are roughly the equivalent of Jedi Knights, which is to say they are generally average members of the Lost Tribe, not even exceeding low level Lords. Being the best among them, even if on a dark side nexus, isn't all that impressive.

I honestly highly doubt the Sabers exceeded the skill and power possessed by Nihl and Talon, who had to consistently maintain their high standing as the Emperor's Hands - which is noted as a highly contested position:

A select few Sith Lords are given the title of Emperor's Hand, a tradition that Darth Krayt has resurrected from the days of Palpatine. These Hands function as the Emperor's agents throughout the galaxy, performing secret tasks at Krayt's whim. The position of Emperor's Hand is one of great honor, and it is fought over among the Sith Lords viciously.

- Legacy Era Campaign Guide

Cade has also defeated a number of Darth Krayt's Sith Troopers. These Sith Troopers were augmented soldiers whom were noted to be strong in the Force:

I began this project decades ago, culling those strongest in the Force shortly after their births... Augmenting and improving them... Forging them into my Sith Troopers. Their loyalty is unquestionable.

- Darth Krayt (Legacy #50: Extremes) {https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4571579-krayt+sts2.png}

Roan Fel remarks that the Sith Troopers are too much for his Empire-in-exile to handle, which would logically scale them above the Imperial Knights:

We lost, Hogrum. Worse, we have no counter for these new weapons of Krayt's -- These Sith Troopers!

- Roan Fel {https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4571657-sts+roan.png}

The Imperial Knights were noted as among some of the most skilled in the Galaxy at this time:

The Imperial Knights are among the most talented and dangerous Force-users in the galaxy. Skilled in combat, they train under the tutelage of their Imperial masters, learning all they need to know to defend Emperor Roan Fel against all those who would harm him. The Imperial Knights are skilled with both the lightsaber and with the Force, and make extensive use of combat armor, including their special cortosis gauntlets designed to stop lightsaber attacks. From the start of their training until they reach knighthood, the Imperial Knights learn how to use the Force to transform themselves into living weapons and shields.

- Legacy Era Campaign Guide

I think Cade is fine on this front.

I would also add that Jaina has other compelling feats, like besting Tsavong Lah, and partially defending from a telekinetic attack from abeloth.

While that is true, Tsavong Lah had also just recovered from a near-death experience of possibly suffocating to death and being crushed under a pile of dead Vong, so he wasn't exactly in an optimal position himself.

Tsavong Lah passed out seconds after the tunnel was depressurized, and had survived only because his aides fought off the other Yuuzhan Vong who would have trampled him just long enough for one of them to deploy the gnullith that fed him air, and the ooglith cloaker that masked him against vacuum and cold.

When the warmaster woke, with the gnullith's tube down his throat, he was buried under an insulating pile of Yuuzhan Vong dead, mostly his own subalterns.

- NJO: Destiny's Way

Moreover, she killed him via cheap-shot:

She sliced madly at the amphistaff as she straightened again, engaging the furious warrior in a long series of attacks and parries.

And then Jaina reached out with the force, picked up her lightsaber from the ground behind Tsavong Lah, and drove the violet blade point-first through his throat.

- NJO: Destiny's Way

She was defending using Lowie's saber to parry Lah, then called on her power to Force her saber through his neck.

As for Abeloth, she only used the Force to slow her momentum after being TK'd, she didn't directly counter Abeloth's power herself.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 25th 2019, 4:55 pm
Switching to Cade.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 26th 2019, 5:04 am
@theglory i’ll respond you in the near future. I’m taking a break from debating for a few days
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 8th 2019, 9:49 am
Cade outclasses
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

November 8th 2019, 12:38 pm
Greysentinel365 wrote:Cade destroys. Jaina is only good when she has a Luke power amp.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 8th 2019, 1:00 pm
Greysentinel365 wrote:
Greysentinel365 wrote:Cade destroys. Jaina is only good when she has a Luke power amp.
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

Jaina Solo vs Cade skywalker Empty Jaina Solo vs Cade skywalker

January 25th 2020, 3:22 pm
Morals on

Prime versions
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

January 27th 2020, 2:59 pm
Merged the two threads. Interested to see arguments in favor of Jaina.
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

January 29th 2020, 5:02 pm
Cade
Corvinus
Corvinus

January 29th 2020, 5:19 pm
There are no arguments for Jaina. She's not very impressive when not amped by Luke.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum