Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Revan vs Darth Maul - Page 5 Empty Re: Revan vs Darth Maul

January 12th 2020, 2:31 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:37 BBY Sidious had barely tapped into their reserves, and I do believe they could’ve collapsed the barracks.
Again, "reserves" in this context was stamina. Maul ran out of stamina, Sidious had barely tapped into his. This was because Maul was already extremely injured before the fight.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

January 12th 2020, 2:32 pm
@ Revan supporters: KOTOR Revan's feats in and of themselves are not necessarily better than Maul's feats. You have to explain why they're better and why they're likely beyond Maul. Just listing off feats and scaling chains isn't going to convince anyone.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:33 pm
^ I'm completely open to Revan being > Maul at this time, but I need arguments why. Az, ILS, etc. are bringing up some pretty solid points to defend Maul whereas I'm not seeing much from the Revan camp.
mr dinky
mr dinky

January 12th 2020, 2:33 pm
not revan's feats but kun's feats in which he scales off of significantly and are better than all of mauls showings
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:34 pm
But why does he scale off Kun? Why are Kun's feats better?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

January 12th 2020, 2:35 pm
mr dinky wrote:not revan's feats but kun's feats in which he scales off of significantly and are better than all of mauls showings

I recommend then posting and explaining the Kun feats that you think outstrip anything Maul's shown.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 2:35 pm
Well, Malak’s own feat of throwing a person miles is pretty impressive, Kun’s derriphan thing as well impressed me (I know he was amped by Yavin, but still).
mr dinky
mr dinky

January 12th 2020, 2:37 pm
rule of two sith have nothing on dominating the star forge or dominating minds of rataka or dominating minds of trillions all are nothing maul has been able to achieve and he gets bested by kenobi in tpm who is not really that good compared to beating on malak 8 times over and comparing to darth vitiate and resisting his lightning something that maul has never been able
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:37 pm
IIRC, early TCW Mace has a feat very similar to Malak's.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 2:38 pm
BoD wrote:IIRC, early TCW Mace has a feat very similar to Malak's.
Which one? Literally right before ROTS, Mace isn't capable of TKing a train, and Malak scales vastly above Tulak Hord pulling a 300 meter ship out of the sky.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:40 pm
Actually Saesee Tiin threw a battle droid four kilometres. The Tulak Hord feat is from Khem Val, who is an unreliable source. Also going to have to check the wording for that train feat.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 2:42 pm
How is Khem Val unreliable? He isn’t saying Hord > other people, just that he did it. There’s no unreliability here. Mace literally claims they’d need Yoda to stop the train “perhaps 5 yodas”.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:44 pm
Khem Val has also acted like all Sith, including the likes of Vitiate, are < Tulak Hord. He constantly belittles Nox and acts like Hord was a god in comparison, which he's not. Even if the feat were true, we have no idea of the context.

Mace literally claims they’d need Yoda to stop the train “perhaps 5 yodas”.

So what you're saying is that Mace is < ~5 Yodas. What is this proof of?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:45 pm
Again, Tiin has outperformed Malak's feat.

Revan vs Darth Maul - Page 5 Main-q19
Revan vs Darth Maul - Page 5 Main-q20
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 2:46 pm
What? No, I’m saying that Mace claims the Train TK feat is beyond him (d other council members), and that Yoda himself couldn’t do it. Khem’s reliability in regards to hord’s power comparatively is different from his reliability on subjective matters. It is completely objective whether Hord pulled it out of the sky or not, and he have a source saying he did.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:49 pm
You can scale Maul off Starkiller's environmental feats regardless, so I don't find Tulak's ship feat to be particularly noteworthy.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:49 pm
What? No, I’m saying that Mace claims the Train TK feat is beyond him (d other council members), and that Yoda himself couldn’t do it

So it's a meaningless measurement, unless you're arguing Malak or Hord > Yoda. Mace is also notoriously unreliable as a narrator.

Khem’s reliability in regards to hord’s power comparatively is different from his reliability on subjective matters.

Someone who begins their claim (a claim with no basis) with "the great" usually isn't the most literal and trustworthy source.

and he have a source saying he did.

Then you should provide it.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 2:51 pm
*we have a source, and said source is Khem. It doesn’t matter if he wanks Hord, it’s an objective fact if Hord pulled it out. Of course I’m not claiming mace is right about Yoda, but he knows that he cannot do it.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 2:53 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:Well, Malak’s own feat of throwing a person miles is pretty impressive, Kun’s derriphan thing as well impressed me (I know he was amped by Yavin, but still).

That's not impressive at all. And the guy wasn't thrown "miles" as far as I'm aware.

Kun lifting the Corsair may not even have been done through TK, and even if it was, we have no idea of the amount of effort it took. He could have been sitting in deep meditation for hours to get it above the planet's surface. And as you mention, he was amped by Yavin's nexus regardless.

Nothing you've mentioned remotely proves Kun, Malak, or Revan can collapse a massive barracks.

Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 2:54 pm
Maul thinking that he can collapse massive barracks isn’t proof that Maul can collapse massive barracks
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 2:55 pm
Azronger wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:Well, Malak’s own feat of throwing a person miles is pretty impressive, Kun’s derriphan thing as well impressed me (I know he was amped by Yavin, but still).

That's not impressive at all. And the guy wasn't thrown "miles" as far as I'm aware.

Kun lifting the Corsair may not even have been done through TK, and even if it was, we have no idea of the amount of effort it took. He could have been sitting in deep meditation for hours to get it above the planet's surface. And as you mention, he was amped by Yavin's nexus regardless.

Nothing you've mentioned remotely proves Kun, Malak, or Revan can collapse a massive barracks.
I mean, you technically can scale Revan off of Nihilus' Ravager feat, but nonetheless it doesn't matter. TK to TP is a stupid comparison, and most of the feats I put far beyond Maul are TP.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:55 pm
*we have a source, and said source is Khem. It doesn’t matter if he wanks Hord, it’s an objective fact if Hord pulled it out.

Of course it matters. We have no knowledge or context of the feat. A clone was once told Vader ragdolled two huge ships and threw them into each other. We have no context behind that, so should we take that literally?

Of course I’m not claiming mace is right about Yoda, but he knows that he cannot do it.
Mace also thought:

He can't beat Kar Vastor.
Vastor was ~ Yoda or Anakin.
Depa Billaba was a better duelist than him.
Yoda was >>> him in every respect.

He is not a trustworthy source. He is far too humble about his own abilities. 

Last edited by BoD on January 12th 2020, 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 2:56 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:
BoD wrote:IIRC, early TCW Mace has a feat very similar to Malak's.
Which one? Literally right before ROTS, Mace isn't capable of TKing a train, and Malak scales vastly above Tulak Hord pulling a 300 meter ship out of the sky.

Same thing with Hord's feat: we have no context to where it took place, how much effort was involved, whether was the vehicle already falling like many say to mitigate Galen's ISD feat or whether the ship was rising and Hord overpowered the engines, etc.

This doesn't prove anything.

Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 2:57 pm
Exactly. As I said:

A clone was once told Vader ragdolled two huge ships and threw them into each other. We have no context behind that, so should we take that literally?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 2:58 pm
@BoD We don't need context for it, it's pretty simple. The clone saying that Vader ragdolled two ships wasn't necessarily there when said event (or lack of said event) took place. It's fairly obvious what Khem is saying here. 

Mace claims that he, along with several other council members could not do it. I don't care how much he underestimates himself, but a feat such as that (especially given cross-era scaling via superiority) shouldn't be vastly beyond him (and a host of others) if he's as high as you've claimed (> KFV).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum