Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

Revan vs Darish Vol Empty Revan vs Darish Vol

December 9th 2019, 1:17 pm
Revan as of SoR.

Who wins?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Revan vs Darish Vol Empty Re: Revan vs Darish Vol

December 9th 2019, 1:19 pm
Been done, Revan wins.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 9th 2019, 1:21 pm
The Apprentice wrote:Been done, Revan wins.
Why?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 1:24 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:
The Apprentice wrote:Been done, Revan wins.
Why?

Better feats (e.g. his fight with Vitiate).
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 9th 2019, 1:26 pm
If you are referring to Revan being burned to a crisp instantly in the Revan novel, then I don't see how that is a particularly good feat.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

December 9th 2019, 1:27 pm
The apprentice wrote:Better feats (e.g. his fight with Vitiate).

I don’t think Vitiate comes close to Abeloth
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 1:31 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:
The apprentice wrote:Better feats (e.g. his fight with Vitiate).

I don’t think Vitiate comes close to Abeloth

I agree, but Vol isn't close to Abeloth either.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 1:33 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:If you are referring to Revan being burned to a crisp instantly in the Revan novel, then I don't see how that is a particularly good feat.

How is:

-Getting within striking distance of Vitiate
-Resisting his TP
-Rendering him temporarily limp with TK
-Deflecting his bolts of Lightning
-Largely mitigating his final mega Lightning attack

...not impressive?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 1:35 pm
Revan.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

December 9th 2019, 1:49 pm
The apprendice wrote:I agree, but Vol isn't close to Abeloth either.

I’d wager Vol wasn’t that far from that specific avatar of her (obviously nowhere near full power Abeloth). Consider that his feat was, at least to a degree, stated to be a result of his power (combined with experience). It would make no sense if he were magnitudes below her.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 9th 2019, 2:16 pm
Backing Vol at the moment.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 9th 2019, 2:25 pm
same. him having a fraction of lukes power>>>> anything revan has
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 3:08 pm
-Getting within striking distance of Vitiate

Eh?

-Resisting his TP

He struck Vitiate before the latter could fully turn it on him.

-Rendering him temporarily limp with TK
When?

-Deflecting his bolts of Lightning

He deflects one, then gets burnt to a crisp faster than a Mcdonalds happy meal. 

-Largely mitigating his final mega Lightning attack

The hell? Vitiate was killing him until T3 sacrificed itself, lol. 

This is exactly why I hate the Revan wank. Vol wins.

Last edited by BreakofDawn on December 9th 2019, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

December 9th 2019, 3:19 pm
BoD, that’s bullshit. Anyway, Revan wins this with difficulty. Vol’s only hope is Mnemotherapy, but I think Revan can largely negate most TP attacks
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 3:20 pm

BoD, that’s bullshit. 

Which part?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

December 9th 2019, 3:21 pm
All of it, he largely negates the lightning, he does resist the Tp, and his TK limp stuff is Force in balance. Revan takes out all of the lightning bar the final attack, which he negates for the most Part.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 3:27 pm
All of it, he largely negates the lightning,

A dozen bolts of purple lightning arced from the Emperor toward him. Revan tried to draw them in and contain them, but the Emperor was infinitely more powerful than Darth Nyriss had ever been. Revan’s body was engulfed in agony as the electricity coursed through his body. His skin began to boil and blister, the flesh of his face melting and sticking to the superheated metal of his mask as the Emperor poured more and more power into him. 

Through the haze of indescribable pain, he saw T3-M4 rushing in to help him. The droid let loose with his flamethrower, bathing the Emperor in fire. At the last instant the Emperor cocooned himself in the Force to save himself from being incinerated, breaking his focus on Revan. 

The Jedi collapsed to the ground, burned but still alive, the hilt of his extinguished lightsaber lying on the floor less than a meter beyond his grasp. Almost too weak to move, Revan managed to raise his head just in time to see the Emperor turn on the brave little astromech. A tremor rippled through the air as the Emperor unleashed the full power of the Force against the defenseless droid. T3 never stood a chance. The little droid exploded into a million pieces, internal circuits and external casing obliterated in a single instant. “No!” Revan screamed from the ground as bits of his friend rained down on him in the form of unrecognizable shrapnel.

He tried to rise, but his injured body refused to respond. Instinctively, he called on the Force to give him strength and heal his wounds.

...Right.

And from Scourge's POV:

What he saw was not good. Revan was being electrocuted, his body spasming uncontrollably as the Emperor blasted him with dark purple lightning. Revan’s astromech launched a jet of flame at the Emperor, freeing Revan, who collapsed to the ground. In retaliation, the Emperor disintegrated the offending droid, strode over to where Revan lay, and picked the vanquished Jedi’s lightsaber up off the floor.

Makes it pretty clear it was T3's intervention that saved Revan from death, and Revan was utterly powerless in the wake of this attack.

he does resist the Tp,

The Emperor stood in the exact same position as before; it was as if he hadn’t even moved. Revan began to sense the oppressive presence of the dark side weighing down on him. The Emperor was trying to crush his will: to dominate and enslave his mind as he had before. This time, however, Revan was ready. Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in its purest form.

All it shows is he resisted his TP for the short time it took to channel this attack, lol.

and his TK limp stuff is Force in balance.
You mean where it notes that Vitiate was unprepared and focusing on TP rather than defending himself?

There was brilliant flash as the air between the two combatants lit up. The energy unleashed was powerful enough to send Revan staggering. The Emperor, unprepared and with much of his strength diverted to his effort to dominate Revan’s mind, was sent flying backward.

Revan takes out all of the lightning bar the final attack, which he negates for the most Part.

Impressive, but the underlined is not true.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

December 9th 2019, 3:34 pm
Waiting for the day BOD doesn't randomly and unsuccessfully attack Revan. Revan vs Darish Vol 1668617588
Bwitters
Bwitters

December 9th 2019, 3:36 pm
Vol should take it, he might not have as many feats as Revan, but he does scale a bit higher because of his fight against Abeloth.
Quorian Debatist
Level One
Level One

December 9th 2019, 3:52 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
BoD has convinced me that Revan is garbage and that we don't need to know anything about Darron Volt; Revan being bad is reason enough for him to lose.

If you're trying to convince people of Revan winning, just know he sucks. Just let BoD convince you of that while sidestepping even pretending to know the first thing about DV. If Revan is bad then you must concede that DV wins.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 3:52 pm
@BreakofDawn

Eh?

I don't see why Revan getting within striking distance of Vitiate isn't impressive. Vitiate needed to charge his power significantly over the course of the time Revan was running, and all it did was sweep him off his feet.

He struck Vitiate before the latter could fully turn it on him.

There's no indication of that. Sure, it wasn't for a lengthy period of time, but the fact that Revan could simultaneously resist Vitiate's TP while unleashing an attack powerful enough to render him temporarily limp is a feat worth noting.

When?

Vitiate's said to be lying "in a heap" after Revan hits him with his TK attack, and per Google, "in a heap" means: "(Of a person) with the body completely limp."

He deflects one, then gets burnt to a crisp faster than a Mcdonalds happy meal.

That doesn't have relevance to anything I said.

The hell? Vitiate was killing him until T3 sacrificed itself, lol.

This is exactly why I hate the Revan wank. Vol wins.

??? He did mitigate it. He turned what would have been a lethal attack into 3rd-degree burns lol. If that's not mitigating, I don't know what is.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 5:43 pm
Feeling like crap rn so will get back to everyone's who replied when I can (except Ant, who's being typically bitchy). Sorry for the wait.

Last edited by BreakofDawn on December 9th 2019, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 5:58 pm
Quorian Debatist wrote:BoD has convinced me that Revan is garbage and that we don't need to know anything about Darron Volt; Revan being bad is reason enough for him to lose.

If you're trying to convince people of Revan winning, just know he sucks. Just let BoD convince you of that while sidestepping even pretending to know the first thing about DV. If Revan is bad then you must concede that DV wins.
Attempts to show that Revan wasn't ~ novel Vitiate.
Me: Attempts to show that novel Revan wasn't ~ novel Vitiate.
Also me: Apparently thinks Revan is garbage despite putting his prime just below Vaylin and the end of KOTET Outlander in raw power and on the end of KOTET Outlander's level in all-out and despite the fact that being below novel Vitiate is hardly something shameful. 

while sidestepping even pretending to know the first thing about DV.

Interesting that you assume that I know nothing about DV, @Quorian Debatist, despite the fact that I always ask for feats or outright refuse to comment in threads where I don't know much about the characters. But sure, whatever you say, darling.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 6:04 pm
Why has everybody started saying darling and behaving so gay. That's my line and job.

Revan vs Darish Vol 2265358366
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 6:17 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Why has everybody started saying darling and behaving so gay. That's my line and job.

Revan vs Darish Vol 2265358366
BiofDawn privileges.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum