Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Favorite Main Character Empty Favorite Main Character

November 18th 2019, 7:26 pm
I felt like doing a different and fun thread, so here it is.

Who is your favorite MC and why do u like him/her so much?

And also, who do you dislike?

i suppose I like one too many lol

If i had to pick one for each, i would certainly go with Anakin (i watched the prequels a million times each as a kid, so it kinda stuck)

I do not like Luke, Cade, or Maul for that matter (i personally quite like TCW maul, but anything before that seemed quite... distant to my tastes when thinking of a character i like)
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

Favorite Main Character Empty Re: Favorite Main Character

November 18th 2019, 7:32 pm
Revan
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 18th 2019, 7:37 pm
Caedus and Anakin are on par tbh, I like characters when they fall to the dark side, and all their reasons for doing so. I also like Revan for his ambiguity. 

My least favorites are Sidious, Starkiller, Ahsoka, and Ezra

Last edited by EmperorCaedus on November 18th 2019, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quorian Debatist
Level One
Level One

November 18th 2019, 7:50 pm
Revan

KOTOR was my first exposure into anything beyond the movies besides the Dash Rendar game, and the game blew me away. Then the lead-up and reveal that I was some cool looking Sith Lord blew my young asshole away and it stuck with me ever since. I wasn't spoiled in anyway on it so the twist stuck with me even when I went long stretches without delving into any Star Wars material.

Maul is my second favorite and that's mainly to do with his looks from when I was a child. Pretty sure I bought the figure before seeing the movie. Then I saw the movie and hated Obi-Wan.

So a lot of it is child-hood impact based on how cool they looked but further material merely expanded my interest of them as opposed to displacing it.
Reynard (Ethanion)
Reynard (Ethanion)

November 18th 2019, 7:59 pm
Hmmmm, Logray
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 19th 2019, 9:22 am
Plagueis, Anakin/Vader, Maul, Cade, Luke, Ulic, etc.

Level Three
Level Three

November 19th 2019, 9:55 am
Yoda, Dooku and Luke are my favorites by far. In terms of more obscure, but nonetheless main characters in their respective stories, like Jax Pavan and Ulic a lot.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 19th 2019, 10:09 am
Vader, Kanan, and Obi-Wan. Mace and Yoda are others.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

November 19th 2019, 11:11 am
Quorian Debatist wrote:Revan

KOTOR was my first exposure into anything beyond the movies besides the Dash Rendar game, and the game blew me away. Then the lead-up and reveal that I was some cool looking Sith Lord blew my young asshole away and it stuck with me ever since. I wasn't spoiled in anyway on it so the twist stuck with me even when I went long stretches without delving into any Star Wars material.  

Maul is my second favorite and that's mainly to do with his looks from when I was a child. Pretty sure I bought the figure before seeing the movie. Then I saw the movie and hated Obi-Wan.

So a lot of it is child-hood impact based on how cool they looked but further material merely expanded my interest of them as opposed to displacing it.

I’m similar. My first exposure to Star Wars was through my dad and uncle. My uncle would play Star Wars on video cassette when I visited him, I even remember being 2 or 3 and watching RotJ, my earliest memory of watching the movies. My dad and uncle also played a lot of Jedi Outcast, and I was fucking obsessed with that game. I also loved Kyle Katarn. I loved that he wasn’t a typical lickass Jedi personality type. He had a real cynical and sarcastic personality that really worked well into the story. 

For Xmas when I was 3 or 4, my dad got me KOTOR for PC. I remember one day when I spent all day playing from Datooine when you become a Jedi to the twist when you find out you were Revan. Man that twist excited me so much. I always loved Revan as well, especially the ambiguity of his character.

When I played Kotor 2, I became obsessed with unlocking every dialogue option with Kreia. She fascinated me with her really insightful analysis of the SW galaxy and morality; especially the idea that being generous all the time isn’t always good - it’s important to make people face the trials of life and develop themselves, for example. I also liked the more dystopian setting of Kotor 2, a sort of mirror reflection of Kotor 1. The first game showed us a typical Star Wars hero story, the second game deconstructed it and gave us something entirely different. 

In terms of the films, I always liked Ben Kenobi, but not Obi-Wan; though I have to admit that he has his moments in AotC and RotS. I Always disliked Dooku until recently, for some reason. Maul gave me nightmares as a small child, so I never really liked him until recently either. Always loved Qui-Gon, the Emperor and Darth Vader.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 19th 2019, 12:00 pm
@Lorenzo.r.2nd Okay, so is the thread about protagonists or just prominent characters? I see several people listing characters that have never been featured in a protagonist's role like Sidious.

Level Seven
Level Seven

November 19th 2019, 12:21 pm
Jacen.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 19th 2019, 2:04 pm
i feel like any characters that have a clear focus to their name counts, even maybe smaller ones. but mostly protags. so people who make a difference, and not just people with a story (ulic is a protag, while sheev is just a character with some story to him, if u know what i mean. bane is a protag, while zannah isnt? isk how to explain it, but if u feel like it, just name true protags)
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 7th 2019, 1:49 am
Jacen, Anakin, Revan, to name a few.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 7th 2019, 4:06 am
Dooku, Jolee Bindo and HK-47.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 7th 2019, 9:53 am
Galen Marek.

Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

December 7th 2019, 8:39 pm
What counts as a Main Character here? I've seen anything from Luke/anakin to Logray/Jolee Bindu get mentioned
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 7th 2019, 8:54 pm
Cheth wrote:What counts as a Main Character here? I've seen anything from Luke/anakin to Logray/Jolee Bindu get mentioned

My bad, misread it.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 7th 2019, 8:56 pm
As main character, my favorite should be Kenobi.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

December 8th 2019, 6:37 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
Cheth wrote:What counts as a Main Character here? I've seen anything from Luke/anakin to Logray/Jolee Bindu get mentioned

My bad, misread it.
To be fair it was meant as an actual question since even the creator of the thread mentioned Maul. 

My favorite main character probaly is Revan.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

December 8th 2019, 10:16 am
Revan, Meetra, or Kyle
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 8th 2019, 11:25 am
Who is your favorite MC and why do u like him/her so much?

Anakin, Vader, Obi-Wan, OT Luke, Kanan. 

And also, who do you dislike?

As a main character? I dislike the Revan wank but I like him as a character. I guess I don't really like Galen, but again that's more because of the wank he's gotten over the years. In all honesty, most SW main characters are pretty good. 
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 8th 2019, 1:00 pm
Don't like - Galen, Maul, and Sidious.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum