Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

Star Wars Top Duelist Tournament - #1 Empty Star Wars Top Duelist Tournament - #1

November 18th 2019, 5:06 am
This is a less formal version of the top 15 tournament, but for potency in a pure duel. The metric is how much of a nexus amp Malgus would need to beat them in a duel - no externally manifesting/offensive Force powers, though obviously precognition and augmentation are allowed, as are healing and durability abilities (but not barrier/dark transfer/etc.). Characters can use the kind of lightsaber they prefer using.

Banned characters: Entities like Abeloth and the Ones.

This is round 1...which probably has an obvious answer, but whatever.
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

Star Wars Top Duelist Tournament - #1 Empty Re: Star Wars Top Duelist Tournament - #1

November 18th 2019, 5:06 am
I cast my vote for Luke Skywalker, though I can see a case for Nyax.

Star Wars Top Duelist Tournament - #1 SaeC5lk
Shioz
Shioz

Star Wars Top Duelist Tournament - #1 Empty Re: Star Wars Top Duelist Tournament - #1

November 18th 2019, 5:12 am
I vote for Luke.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

November 18th 2019, 5:41 am
Luke Skywalker.
AlexSerp
AlexSerp

November 18th 2019, 6:08 am
Luke.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

November 18th 2019, 6:21 am
Luke. I'd be curious to see your case for Nyax though.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

November 18th 2019, 6:54 am
Luke gets my vote.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 18th 2019, 7:24 am
Skywalker, Luke
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

November 18th 2019, 7:57 am
Trayus Marauder wrote:Luke. I'd be curious to see your case for Nyax though.
Nyax isn’t skilled at all. I give my vote to Luke
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 18th 2019, 7:58 am
luke, by maybe a good bit too. he was already sheev lvl around DE after all
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

November 18th 2019, 10:21 am
MasterCilghal wrote:
Trayus Marauder wrote:Luke. I'd be curious to see your case for Nyax though.
Nyax isn’t skilled at all. I give my vote to Luke
Thus why I'm curious to see what argument could be made for him (if any).
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 18th 2019, 11:13 am
Bit off topic, but two questions. How do I tag somebody with two words in their username? And also, why do I feel like I've seen you somewhere before Trayus Marauder?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

November 18th 2019, 11:16 am
It's stated Luke just outright couldn't kill Nyax with a lightsaber. It's possible he's #1 unless Luke's operating at consistent peak levels.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

November 18th 2019, 11:17 am
IdrisianGraecus wrote:Bit off topic, but two questions. How do I tag somebody with two words in their username? And also, why do I feel like I've seen you somewhere before Trayus Marauder?
@IdrisianGraecus: Use " " between their name. @"text"
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 18th 2019, 11:19 am
thats a horrible arguement. dooku was said to be unbeatable in a ligthsaber duel, and so was sheev. want me to spoil how that shit ended?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 18th 2019, 11:22 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:It's stated Luke just outright couldn't kill Nyax with a lightsaber. It's possible he's #1 unless Luke's operating at consistent peak levels.
That seems a bit vague. It might just mean that skill-wise they're comparable, and honestly I'm not convinced that Luke > Mace, Anakin or Yoda in technical skill.

I'll back Luke because of his augmentation and skill, but I don't think he's the most technically skilled.

Last edited by BreakofDawn on November 18th 2019, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 18th 2019, 11:23 am
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:thats a horrible arguement. dooku was said to be unbeatable in a ligthsaber duel, and so was sheev. want me to spoil how that shit ended?
Lmao. Those are vague quotes, and Sheev never did lose in a saber duel. He gave the fight up. Dooku lost to effing Zonakin, and Vader. Two of the most powerful martial force wielders to ever live. Inferior to perhaps only OT Sidious, Luke, Valk, Revan (perhaps), and KFV.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 18th 2019, 11:24 am
Lmao. Those are vague quotes, and Sheev never did lose in a saber duel. He gave the fight up. Dooku lost to effing Zonakin, and Vader. Two of the most powerful martial force wielders to ever live. Inferior to perhaps only OT Sidious, Luke, Valk, Revan (perhaps), and KFV.

Just saying, Mace and Yoda are both peers of him and both have beaten him in pure saber duels or have the potential to. Agreed with the rest, though.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 18th 2019, 11:26 am
BreakofDawn wrote:

Just saying, Mace and Yoda are both peers of him and both have beaten him in pure saber duels or have the potential to. Agreed with the rest, though.
Mace never won. Mace was horrendously amped and gave the fight up. Yoda was fried to a crisp per the novel, and lost.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 18th 2019, 11:39 am
Mace never won. Mace was horrendously amped and gave the fight up.
Not arguing this for the 14th time.

Yoda was fried to a crisp per the novel, and lost.

Uh, no he wasn't.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 18th 2019, 11:45 am
BreakofDawn wrote:
Mace never won. Mace was horrendously amped and gave the fight up.
Not arguing this for the 14th time.

Yoda was fried to a crisp per the novel, and lost.

Uh, no he wasn't.
"He [...] was not enough" "They had lost" And there's one more I don't remember that says he lost.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 18th 2019, 11:45 am
Luke.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 18th 2019, 12:18 pm
I give a sympathy vote for Darth Krayt. I feel bad for how utterly he was slaughtered in the last tournament.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 18th 2019, 12:35 pm
krayt is good. he might be top 5 ish, even.

and mace being amped means nothing lmao we are talking about skill. he didnt beat him through power or speed, he just beat him. and yoda did beat him in duel, in case u didnt know. sheev lost to both. i actually wanna say anakin might be better than sheev. stomping dooku is just much better than sheev's feats. i dont give a shit about the gillard scale. its shit. im going by feats.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 18th 2019, 1:13 pm
I vote Luke, let's get this one out of the way so we can just give him the #1 spot
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum