Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Discipulus
Discipulus

Gnost-Dural vs Raskta Lsu Empty Gnost-Dural vs Raskta Lsu

May 4th 2019, 7:02 pm
Rules

• Gnost-Dural and Raskta Lsu are in their Legends primes.
  • They start at a 20m distance in the pictured location.
  • They fight in character.

Gnost-Dural
Gnost-Dural vs Raskta Lsu 3942870-1521591832-37761

Raskta Lsu
Gnost-Dural vs Raskta Lsu 5110637-8876023034-48916

Gnost-Dural vs Raskta Lsu BattlefrontII_2018-06-22_21-04-26
Haggis
Haggis

Gnost-Dural vs Raskta Lsu Empty Re: Gnost-Dural vs Raskta Lsu

May 4th 2019, 9:39 pm
IDK, probably Gnost?
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

May 5th 2019, 12:15 am
Gnost
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 5th 2019, 2:22 am
Gnost Dural imo. He’s a comparatively skilled duelist and is obviously superior in the force
LSDMB
LSDMB

May 5th 2019, 3:38 am
Personally I don't see him being a comparatively skilled duelist, because I don't really see anything from him that Raskta wouldn't be able to replicate. Virtually all of his duels are against two or three relatively featless Sith, which someone like Raskta could easily replicate, as during the Ruusan campaign she was responsible for carving large swaths through the heart of the Sith ranks, leaving a litter of bodies in her wake, and by the end of the war she had killed over a thousand Sith Lords with her blades. Likewise, Lord Hoth (who she scales above as a martial combatant) was tearing through a swarm of Sith enemies who had him surrounded to the point where there was a wall of bodies mounting around him. Honestly even via that comparison Raskta comes off the more impressive of the two.

What I don't see Gnost replicating is Raskta's performance in lightsaber against Rule of Two Bane even taking the battle meditation into account, given how deadly Bane is as a duelist even as of POD. And if you look at their accolades Raskta's are just better. Best duelist in the Jedi Order, one of the handful of Jedi in the entire history of the Jedi Order to ever be given the rank of Jedi Weapons Master (only other known holders of this rank are iirc Vodo Siosk Baas, Thon, Anoon Bondara, Mace Windu, and possibly Sora Bulq).

Then of course the question of Raskta's force defenses into play, while a cursory reading of Rule of Two would make her force defenses to be virtually nonexistent, it's actually more complicated than that. The Sith Assassins in the brotherhood for example were noted to be trained in offensive telekinesis to the point to which they could kill their targets without even gesturing, and they were noted to be weaker than the Acolytes who in turn were weaker than the Lords. Additionally the Sith Lords and Jedi Masters of the time were noted in dark forces to be trained not just in mind tricks, but in telepathic combat against other force wielders. I'm also sitting on a bit of juicy wank for the force power of the Sith Lords of the Brotherhood that I am declining to divulge until the release of my blog.

Suffice it to say that the Sith Lords would have a range of combative force abilities they could throw at Raskta, and yet she slew over a thousand of them, not in one on one combat mind you, but by charging into the heart of their ranks. With that in mind, it seems virtually impossible for Raskta to have no capacity for defensive force use to have survived such situations, especially when her renoun in the Jedi Order and the clear threat she posed to the Sith would mark her as a target.

So let's reexamine what was said in Rule of Two. It was said that it was a deficiency of skill that made her vulnerable, specifically to the telekinetic attacks of someone like Rule of Two Bane, however Bane is a character of rather extreme force power, and I see nothing to suggest that Gnost wouldn't find himself in a similar position against Bane's force attacks. It's also clear that Raskta has a lot of strength in the Force to be able to achieve the levels of Force augmentation she was capable of, as well as the other manners in which the Force relates to lightsaber combat, so while her skill in producing force barriers is underdeveloped, it's not improbable that someone with Raskta's level of power would be able to mount some level of defense even despite her relative lack of skill in that area.

This vaguely puts her capacity for defensive force use between both raw power and skill significantly beneath being able to ward off the focused brunt of ROT Bane's power, and yet at the same time enough to sustain her through the Ruusan campaign in the heart of Sith ranks taking on multiple Sith Lords at once.

With this in mind, I don't believe Gnost would mount enough of a telekinetic offensive to surmount the clear gap in martial prowess between the two combatants, especially when Raskta has demonstrated that she can stick a landing even after being plucked off of her feet by a telekinetic attack, and that Force users often find such attacks more difficult while under the pressure of a heavy martial barrage, which I do not doubt Raskta's ability to levy against Gnost.
LOTL

May 5th 2019, 3:51 am
Raskta doesn't compare to Bane in terms of force power though. You make a valid point that she wasn't skilled enough to defend against those kinds of attacks but Bane's force push would have literally "crushed" her, despite her being able to compete in terms of force augmentation, she actually isn't a match for Bane when it comes to raw force strength. Because if she was she wouldn't have been crushed( the impact on being thrown), and would remain physically more or less intact.

LOTL

May 5th 2019, 3:54 am
To give quick comparisons, look at Yoda vs Sidious or even Obi Wan vs Count Dooku the Jedi are physically completely intact when the Sith push them into walls( Yoda gets stunned, but even so, he is otherwise okay), but her case is completely on another level
LSDMB
LSDMB

May 5th 2019, 3:57 am
LOTL wrote:Raskta doesn't compare to Bane in terms of force power though. You make a valid point that she wasn't skilled enough to defend against those kinds of attacks but Bane's force push would have literally "crushed" her, despite her being able to compete in terms of force augmentation, she actually isn't a match for Bane when it comes to raw force strength. Because if she was she wouldn't have been crushed( the impact on being thrown), and would remain physically more or less intact.

That is not the case I was making. Obviously she's fucked against Bane's force power, which I freely stated a few times. But obviously with her level of augmentation she has a noticeably greater overall strength in the force than your average Jedi or Sith was the point I was making, not that her level of force power is remotely on par with Bane's.
LOTL

May 5th 2019, 4:03 am
I don't think anybody questions that lmfao.

Probably misconstrued this

", it's not improbable that someone with Raskta's level of power would be able to mount some level of defense even despite her relative lack of skill in that area."

To mean defend against Bane.

The rest is cool. Don't know enough about Gnost to comment
LSDMB
LSDMB

May 5th 2019, 4:05 am
LOTL wrote:I don't think anybody questions that lmfao.

Probably misconstrued this

", it's not improbable that someone with Raskta's level of power would be able to mount some level of defense even despite her relative lack of skill in that area."

To mean defend against Bane.

The rest is cool. Don't know enough about Gnost to comment
Ah okay, I could've been more clear that I was talking in general, not against someone of Bane's power.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

May 5th 2019, 4:12 am
Yeah, DMB made a convincing case for Raskta. What's Gnost-Dural got besides being labelled "a master of mind-tricks" by Darth Malgus?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 5th 2019, 4:13 am
@lsdmb the Sith Raskta cut down were of the worst possible type, the living definition of fodder. Even their best members ( Kaan ,kas’im and so on) were no match for a bane who wasn’t even remotely close to his prime. I don’t see why Dural shouldn’t be able to achieve the same.
Her accolade of being the best duelist of the era is good and all, but it doesn’t mean much given we don’t exactly know how good the jedi of that era were.
LSDMB
LSDMB

May 5th 2019, 4:24 am
mastercilghal wrote:@lsdmb the Sith Raskta cut down were of the worst possible type, the living definition of fodder. Even their best members ( Kaan ,kas’im and so on) were no match for a bane who wasn’t even remotely close to his prime. I don’t see why Dural shouldn’t be able to achieve the same.
I can see one reason why Dural wouldn't be able to achieve the same... because there's no reason whatsoever to believe that Dural is even comparable to this Bane who wasn't even remotely close to his prime.

But I suppose the question is, are the pairs and trios of Sith Dural fought... not fodder...?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 5th 2019, 4:34 am
@lsdbm I see i’ll have to make a case for Dural, then. But to put it simply, Darth Karrid is in no way fodder.
LSDMB
LSDMB

May 5th 2019, 4:53 am
mastercilghal wrote:@lsdbm I see i’ll have to make a case for Dural, then. But to put it simply, Darth Karrid is in no way fodder.
From what I'm aware Karrid's only display of dueling was her fight against Gnost... where she was noted to be wielding a style mismatched with her tendencies and abilities as a Sith. I'm not really sure you could put Karrid as a duelist anywhere in relation to Raskta, or POD Bane, or ROT Bane, or Kas'im tbh.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 5th 2019, 4:59 am
LSDMB wrote:
mastercilghal wrote:@lsdbm I see i’ll have to make a case for Dural, then. But to put it simply, Darth Karrid is in no way fodder.
From what I'm aware Karrid's only display of dueling was her fight against Gnost... where she was noted to be wielding a style mismatched with her tendencies and abilities as a Sith. I'm not really sure you could put Karrid as a duelist anywhere in relation to Raskta, or POD Bane, or ROT Bane, or Kas'im tbh.
I won’t deny Karrid isn’t exactly the best, but it should be noted that all the fights an Dural took place on a dark side nexus that hindered him and she had help from her apprentices. Today i’m busy writing my argument in the showdown i’m Doing with Xolthol on this forum, but if I take the time i’ll try to make a case for Dural, unless of course someone else who thinks he wins does it.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 5th 2019, 3:07 pm
Yeah DMB made a very convincing case for Raskta. She wins.
The Witness
The Witness

May 5th 2019, 3:20 pm
Raskta
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum