Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Kyle Katarn vs Jaden Korr  Empty Kyle Katarn vs Jaden Korr

October 23rd 2019, 4:53 pm
Morals off, bloodlusted.
Both in their primes.
10 metres apart.
Fight to the death.

Who wins?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Kyle Katarn vs Jaden Korr  Empty Re: Kyle Katarn vs Jaden Korr

October 23rd 2019, 4:54 pm
Kylo imo.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

October 23rd 2019, 5:57 pm
Korr is implied to be superior several times in the lore, from JA to riptide so he should win this.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

October 23rd 2019, 6:50 pm
Korr has been stated to be better authoritatively IIRC and has better feats than anything Kyle has as a teenager.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

October 23rd 2019, 6:51 pm
Kyle wins. I'm not sure why, but he does.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 23rd 2019, 7:24 pm
I know Kyle > Jaden as of EoJA which is why I was wondering.
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

October 24th 2019, 5:20 am
MasterCilghal wrote:Korr is implied to be superior several times in the lore, from JA to riptide so he should win this.

Examples, please.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 24th 2019, 7:18 am
Gaunter O'Dimm wrote:
MasterCilghal wrote:Korr is implied to be superior several times in the lore, from JA to riptide so he should win this.

Examples, please.
For JA, if you take pre-determined gameplay mechanics as a showing of power, Kyle in the final fight can casually rip the lightsaber from Jaden's hand and toss it away. 

If you don't, he disarms Jaden at the end of the fight and Jaden has to use the scepter to escape.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

October 24th 2019, 7:25 am
ILS wrote:Kyle wins. I'm not sure why, but he does.
👍

Only way I can see Jaden winning is if he call upon his darker impulses and goes ham, otherwise Kyle just wins:/
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

November 10th 2019, 8:28 am
WalkingInCircles wrote:
Gaunter O'Dimm wrote:

Examples, please.
For JA, if you take pre-determined gameplay mechanics as a showing of power, Kyle in the final fight can casually rip the lightsaber from Jaden's hand and toss it away. 

If you don't, he disarms Jaden at the end of the fight and Jaden has to use the scepter to escape.

Thanks, but I asked MasterCilghal for examples of Jaden > Kyle, specifically from the books.

And I don't know how JA Jaden > JA Kyle is even remotely debatable. Kyle's power at the end of Jedi Outcast was so huge that the developers decided to change the protagonist in Jedi Academy:

Jon Zuk, Co Project Lead, Raven Software wrote:

As we fleshed the idea out, we discovered two problems. The first was that Kyle ended Jedi Outcast as a pretty powerful Jedi. If he were to take these missions, wouldn't he just breeze through everything as a Jedi superhero? The second problem was that stand-alone missions felt a little disjointed in terms of any kind of plot progression.

Fortunately, we had solutions to both. For the first, we decided you would play as a student, new to the Jedi Academy. In keeping with the idea of letting players customize their gameplay experience, we then also wanted to allow players to customize their own characters! You may already know this, but to reiterate, you can choose your species, appearance, and clothing style. Then, to keep building on the story of the Jedi Knight series, we made Kyle Katarn integral to the game by making him your teacher at the Jedi Academy!

Based on this quote, Kyle not only can replicate all of Jaden's feats from Jedi Academy, but he can do so with ease.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

November 10th 2019, 11:27 am
Kyle wins

He's the superior martial combatant, and shouldn't be too far behind in the Force. Even if he was, his tanky like durability and pain tolerance makes it pretty difficult for someone not overly more powerful than hun to secure a win with it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum