Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Darth Caedus runs a PT guantlet - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus runs a PT guantlet

September 27th 2019, 6:15 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:Power is power. How much of that power a character can draw on is up for debate. Characters can’t sense potential
They can sense a character’s power, that they’re growing, and that their strength can become greater. Dooku does something similar when he senses Yoda’s potential in DR were he to turn to the dark side. I’ve seen nothing to suggest that they can’t roughly sense a being’s full power, if only a glimpse or slight understanding of it.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus runs a PT guantlet - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus runs a PT guantlet

September 27th 2019, 6:24 pm
@BreakofDawn 

When did Obi Wan make that statement?

Fact files is an in universe source written by historians. An appraisal of power made by a jedi is more accurate than a historian's imo

The clone wars novel takes place before the Outer Rim sieges where Anakin experiences alot of growth, so the quote isn't binding to a later version of Anakin.

Your last 2 sources are c canon so they don't necessarily overrule everything else on the matter. Note Gillard outright states Anakin is the most powerful jedi ever.

While you're right power does mean potential a lot of the time, I explained why applicable power was being referred to in the examples I gave.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 27th 2019, 6:32 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
This discussion is highly off topic and not at all what I requested from BoD. I'm awaiting reasons for why Dooku can take Jacen. However, if BoD wishes to continue with KoB he can, just as long as he addresses my initial (And more relevant) question.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 27th 2019, 6:33 pm
The final one doesn't even include Anakin lol, and the previous one literally says "greatest" not "most powerful".
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 27th 2019, 6:40 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:This discussion is highly off topic and not at all what I requested from BoD. I'm awaiting reasons for why Dooku can take Jacen. However, if BoD wishes to continue with KoB he can, just as long as he addresses my initial (And more relevant) question.
Dooku is just too skilled and powerful for Caedus to take on for a majority. I’m assuming 6 is prime Mace, hence why he gets slaughtered.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 27th 2019, 6:44 pm
NotAA3 wrote:The final one doesn't even include Anakin lol, and the previous one literally says "greatest" not "most powerful".
Of course it doesn’t, but it automatically disqualifies him in the same way it disqualifies Obi-Wan, who’s also not included yet is alive during this moment. 

As for the “greatest” bit, when has Sheev ever referred to greatness as being anything other than based on strength and power, particularly martial power?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 27th 2019, 6:45 pm
Others I’ll apply to when I can. Moving back to uni and won’t have wifi for a few days.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 27th 2019, 6:51 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Others I’ll apply to when I can. Moving back to uni and won’t have wifi for a few days.

SUCK IT, NOW IT'S YOUR TIME TO SUFFER  Darth Caedus runs a PT guantlet - Page 2 1076326320
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 27th 2019, 6:53 pm
@BreakofDawn

Of course it doesn’t, but it automatically disqualifies him in the same way it disqualifies Obi-Wan, who’s also not included yet is alive during this moment.

Why does it automatically disqualify him? He's not an LS practioner so it doesn't count towards Yoda's supremacy quotes, and in terms of Sheev's supremacy quotes you already stated Unhindered MF Vader is = Sheev, so you've essentially conceded it's retconned by Lucas's statement.

As for the “greatest” bit, when has Sheev ever referred to greatness as being anything other than based on strength and power, particularly martial power?

The quote says ultimate not greatest actually (I misremembered as I read it a few minutes ago).

I also missed this part:

While he is the most powerful Jedi, it’s Yoda’s wisdom that continues to resonate with fans today.

So, yeah apologies the SW.com quote does legitimately count as a point in Yoda's favour. Granted though Anakin has OOU statements of his own placing him as the most powerful Jedi in the order (and in greater numbers probably), so you win nothing anyway.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 27th 2019, 6:58 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
HellfireUnit wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:Others I’ll apply to when I can. Moving back to uni and won’t have wifi for a few days.

SUCK IT, NOW IT'S YOUR TIME TO SUFFER  Darth Caedus runs a PT guantlet - Page 2 1076326320
Darth Caedus runs a PT guantlet - Page 2 Giphy
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 27th 2019, 7:00 pm
insert Palpatine laughing
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 27th 2019, 7:11 pm
Ahem.

Darth Caedus runs a PT guantlet - Page 2 Giphy
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

September 28th 2019, 2:51 am
Stops att dooku or mace
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

September 28th 2019, 9:19 am
Stops at 6 due to vaapad. His performances against Luke in Inferno and and amped Jaina Solo in Invincible put him above Dooku.

Darth Caedus runs a PT guantlet - Page 2 SaeC5lk
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 29th 2019, 11:23 am
Getting wifi (hopefully) this week so will write a full rebuttal then.
darthbane77
darthbane77

September 29th 2019, 8:39 pm
Could fall to Maul or Kenobi, definitely falls to Dooku.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 30th 2019, 9:26 am
darthbane77 wrote:Could fall to Maul or Kenobi, definitely falls to Dooku.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

January 2nd 2020, 4:57 am
Not sure on 6, stops at 7.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 2nd 2020, 12:51 pm
Down at 6.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 2nd 2020, 12:57 pm
Dies at 5.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

January 2nd 2020, 4:26 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
darthbane77 wrote:Could fall to Maul or Kenobi, definitely falls to Dooku.
I still stand by this.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

January 2nd 2020, 4:29 pm
Why is Dooku superior to Caedus?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 2nd 2020, 4:35 pm
dies at 6
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

January 3rd 2020, 11:10 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:Why is Dooku superior to Caedus?
I've yet to see anything from Jacen that's better then Dooku's performances against Yoda and his Sith Warship feat (mainly the former). Then again my knowledge of NJO/Legacy content isn't the best so Jacen might.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 3rd 2020, 11:25 pm
@Blade_Of_Dorin As far as environmental feats go Kyp's Dovin Basal feat eclipses Dooku's cruiser showing. Regarding combative capability I'd cite Jacen's musings as of Fury after which he increases massively as evidence he's comparable to The Count bare minimum. That coupled with his superior force power and pain tolerance and Jacen should take a hard fought, slim majority.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum