Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

Aayla Secura and Aurra Sing vs TPM Kenobi and Plo Koon Empty Aayla Secura and Aurra Sing vs TPM Kenobi and Plo Koon

September 22nd 2019, 1:38 pm
Fight takes place on neutral ground, team work and synergy is of no consequence.

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All out
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Aayla Secura and Aurra Sing vs TPM Kenobi and Plo Koon Empty Re: Aayla Secura and Aurra Sing vs TPM Kenobi and Plo Koon

September 22nd 2019, 2:57 pm
Koon seals the deal sadly, even though Sing and Secura are both > TPM Kenobi
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Aayla Secura and Aurra Sing vs TPM Kenobi and Plo Koon Empty Re: Aayla Secura and Aurra Sing vs TPM Kenobi and Plo Koon

September 23rd 2019, 12:06 am
Team 2 with Koon as the MVP.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 23rd 2019, 12:27 pm
Team 2 wins handily.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 23rd 2019, 1:04 pm
Koon seals it for his team.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 23rd 2019, 2:21 pm
Team 1 wins. Aurra has already given difficulty to Kenobi+Jinn (who is above Koon), while I have Aayla beats Kenobi in a good fight.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

September 23rd 2019, 2:26 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:Team 1 wins. Aurra has already given difficulty to Kenobi+Jinn (who is above Koon), while I have Aayla beats Kenobi in a good fight.

You mean that brief exchange before Aurra flees, confessing she’s outmatched?
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 23rd 2019, 2:42 pm
 MasterCilghal wrote:Team 1 wins. Aurra has already given difficulty to Kenobi+Jinn (who is above Koon), while I have Aayla beats Kenobi in a good fight.
Koon ~ Early-CW Ventress > All of Dooku’s Acolytes, which includes Vos >>> Aayla Secura > Aurra Sing
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 23rd 2019, 2:50 pm
Vorpal Blade wrote:

You mean that brief exchange before Aurra flees, confessing she’s outmatched?
I agree that Aurra was outmatched, but you can’t deny that she was able to present a challenge to the two. I mean, there are OOU sources that confirm she almost took their lives.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 23rd 2019, 2:58 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
Koon ~ Early-CW Ventress > All of Dooku’s Acolytes, which includes Vos >>> Aayla Secura > Aurra Sing
1-Koon isn’t on par with Ventress, she was winning the fight until he removed her detonator. I mean, she was able to force him back with a single saber, a technique she’s notably weak with. 
2- The quote i think  you’re referring to says perhaps, meaning it’s not 100% sure she’s above all of Dooku’s acolytes. 
3- Aurra was actually winning the fight with Aayla, until she lost her temper when Aayla taunted her. 

Aayla was ambushed by Aurra, but she persevered. Using a Jedi stealth technique taught to her by Quinlan, Aayla was able to avoid a pack of hungry quarra hunting her, and attacked Aurra. The two did battle, and Aayla was able to peer into the heart of Aurra's damaged personality. She egged on Aurra, unsettling her by identifying her deep-rooted isolation and abandonment issues. Enraged, Aurra lost her edge in combat, and Aayla scarred her on the cheek with her lightsaber, and cut off the antenna implant that allowed Sing to feed off the fear of her prey. Aurra collapsed in battle, but Aayla didn't kill her. She instead turned over the inert bounty hunter to local officials.
-Star Wars databank: Aayla Secura 

Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 23rd 2019, 4:19 pm
I’m on mobile right now. But I’ll try to respond later when I get on my laptop.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

September 24th 2019, 4:54 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@MasterCilghal The quote i think you’re referring to says perhaps, meaning it’s not 100% sure she’s above all of Dooku’s acolytes. 

It means that 22 BBY Ventress is perhaps more powerful than Sora Bulq, who can throw Vos around without much trouble, which necessitates Quinlan entering into oneness to attain a cheapshot-victory;

Aayla Secura and Aurra Sing vs TPM Kenobi and Plo Koon Screen27

Aayla Secura and Aurra Sing vs TPM Kenobi and Plo Koon Screen29

To further back this up, even early war Asajj is called the first among his dark acolytes, and Dooku deems her the only one of the group powerful enough to take on as his secret apprentice, as well as pass some of his Sith knowledge down to. Dismissing the quote because it says perhaps isn't valid unless you can give me counter-evidence that places Bulq as unequivocally more powerful than Ventress.

Aurra was actually winning the fight with Aayla, until she lost her temper when Aayla taunted her.

What followed was a fierce duel between the two women. The fight was nearly a draw, until Aayla goaded Aurra, piercing through her icy facade to describe the wounded, lonely, abandoned child within. Aurra attacked ferociously, but Aayla bested her. - Aurra Sing Databank (Old)

Before Aayla exploited Aurra's emotional instability, the two were fighting to a draw. If Aurra had an edge, it wasn't significant enough to break the stalemate, making it irrelevant. What's more important to note is Aayla's injury just before the fight, which all Jedi in her vicinity immediately sense;

1. “I can’t sense Aayla. She’s unconscious.” - Master Tholme 
2. “Aayla’s been hurt. The dark woman and Tholme also. Perhaps dying.” - Kit Fisto 
3. “I also feel it in the Force. But this is our mission.” - Tra Saa

This fight occurs just 6 months after the Battle of Geonosis, which is important to consider when Aayla is one of the youngest Knights in the Order, meaning there's plenty of growth to be had in the further 1 and a half years of constant warfare post-Sing duel (up until the Vos fight). Any edge Aurra has isn't enough to make up for Secura's growth or injury.

Since Bulq acts as an off-field general, lightsaber coach, and political advisor during his time under the Confederacy, any dark side boost he gained after joining Dooku was already complete in 22 BBY, meaning this still stands: 

22 BBY Ventress >/~ Sora Bulq >> Quinlan Vos >>> 20 BBY Aayla Secura >> 22 BBY Injured Aayla ~ Aurra Sing.
Gianfi
Gianfi

September 24th 2019, 7:44 am
Tbf Vos during much of his fight with Bulq was emotionally conflicted, there was Dooku taunting him etc so he wasn’t at 100% against Bulq
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

September 24th 2019, 7:51 am
Gianfi wrote:Tbf Vos during much of his fight with Bulq was emotionally conflicted, there was Dooku taunting him etc so he wasn’t at 100% against Bulq

It’s less of an unbalancing and more of an amp. Dooku and Bulq’s taunts are causing Vos to embrace anger and luring him further down the dark side, things that have boosted his power and ability in every confrontation throughout the Republic comics. Then Aayla comes in and restores him to the light. 

So I see no hindrance here, if anything we’re looking at an above base Quin.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum