Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Vodo-Siosk Baas vs Kyle Katarn vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Vodo-Siosk Baas vs Kyle Katarn vs Qui-Gon Jinn

September 19th 2019, 11:15 am
R1: Sabers Only

R2: Force Only

R3: All-Out

Fight Takes Place in Petranaki Arena (I think that's how I spell it)
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Vodo-Siosk Baas vs Kyle Katarn vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Re: Vodo-Siosk Baas vs Kyle Katarn vs Qui-Gon Jinn

September 19th 2019, 12:16 pm
Qui-Gon easily.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Vodo-Siosk Baas vs Kyle Katarn vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Re: Vodo-Siosk Baas vs Kyle Katarn vs Qui-Gon Jinn

September 19th 2019, 12:33 pm
Katarn, good fight
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 19th 2019, 1:34 pm
Katarn or Vodo. Kyle is around Maul level (or greater) & we saw how that went for Qui Gon.
MP

September 19th 2019, 1:54 pm
Where is Kyle > Qui-Gon coming from?
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 19th 2019, 2:26 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:Katarn, good fight
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 19th 2019, 3:28 pm
I'll back Katarn, though I could be persuaded that Jinn wins.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

September 19th 2019, 4:30 pm
Vodo gets stomped round 1 since he doesn't have his staff. Kyle probaly wins. 

Round 2 I could see Vodo winning.

Round 3 I'd say Vodo. 

Admittedly, I don't know much about Kyle
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 4:44 pm
Cheth wrote:Vodo gets stomped round 1 since he doesn't have his staff. Kyle probaly wins. 

Round 3 I'd say Vodo. 

Dueling only* so he can use his staff
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 4:45 pm
Entombed wrote:Qui-Gon easily.
In all rounds?
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 4:46 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:Katarn, good fight
In all 3 rounds?
dark_globe
dark_globe

September 19th 2019, 5:45 pm
R1 jinn handily
R2 kyle
R3 probably kyle
MP

September 20th 2019, 12:23 am
Hurricane_of_Dorian wrote:In all rounds?

Yes. I don't see why not.

Someone tell me what Katarn has that Jinn can't defend against?
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 20th 2019, 12:57 am
In a Force only bout? Darkshear and potentially Force Sever.

He usually the former to slay Boc, and the later to sever his own connection from the Force as well as Jerec's.
MP

September 20th 2019, 1:03 am
Deronn_Solo wrote:In a Force only bout? Darkshear and potentially Force Sever.

He usually the former to slay Boc, and the later to sever his own connection from the Force as well as Jerec's.

From memory, it only worked because Boc was distracted. And the sever thing he did on Jerec seemed to be specific to the event - there's no indication he ever used that ever again, or that he could do it at will in combat.

And I have not seen any evidence that Kyle is on a power level or dueling level superior to that of TPM Maul.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

September 20th 2019, 1:04 am
Scout should be subbed out for Kyle.

Qui-Gon wins
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 20th 2019, 1:41 am
Entombed wrote:He used it on a distracted Boc

True that doesn't rule out the possibility he could pull it off in a battle exclusively involving the Force, however. In a all out fight, I agree, it wouldn't play any role whatsoever.

Entombed wrote:And the sever thing he did on Jerec seemed to be specific to the event - there's no indication he ever used that ever again, or that he could do it at will in combat.

He did use it to cut himself off from the Force before, so I think it's an ability he has at his disposal sans the VotJ circumstances. Again, this is only regarding the Force only round, he meant have the time or the space to pull off a move like that when sabers and martial combat is involved. 

We're in agreement Sever and DS won't really be a factor in practical combat. I was merely referring to the Force only round.

Entombed wrote:
And I have not seen any evidence that Kyle is on a power level or dueling level superior to that of TPM Maul.

As someone who has researched the character extensively, he honestly isn't. Maul would take him every single time. That being said, I'm not sure Maul is the bare minimum threshold required for defeating Jinn?

I'll drum up a post regarding Katarn capabilities after I get some scanning through the Dark Force Saga articles.
MP

September 20th 2019, 2:00 am
Deronn_Solo wrote:True that doesn't rule out the possibility he could pull it off in a battle exclusively involving the Force, however. In a all out fight, I agree, it wouldn't play any role whatsoever.

Sure, but you're also implying that novice Kyle has a power that one of the most powerful Jedi in history would have no answer to because?

Deronn_Solo wrote:He did use it to cut himself off from the Force before, so I think it's an ability he has at his disposal sans the VotJ circumstances. Again, this is only regarding the Force only round, he meant have the time or the space to pull off a move like that when sabers and martial combat is involved. 

We're in agreement Sever and DS won't really be a factor in practical combat. I was merely referring to the Force only round.

Again, Kyle would need to be at least comparable to Qui-Gon in power, if not stronger to pull off stuff like that. Unless you're arguing that Kyle can just sever anyone at will in a Force contest?

Deronn_Solo wrote:As someone who has researched the character extensively, he honestly isn't. Maul would take him every single time. That being said, I'm not sure Maul is the bare minimum threshold required for defeating Jinn?

He's not the minimum threshold, but there's no other way to compare, really. Qui-Gon fought evenly with Maul in sabers - something Kyle wouldn't dream of being capable of achieving.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

September 20th 2019, 8:44 am
Hurricane_of_Dorian wrote:
Cheth wrote:Vodo gets stomped round 1 since he doesn't have his staff. Kyle probaly wins. 

Round 3 I'd say Vodo. 

Dueling only* so he can use his staff
It was mainly a joke. But Vodo still loses since he honestly doesn't have the feats in dueling to win. Unless you argue a parity to Ulic
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 20th 2019, 12:14 pm
Vodo-Siosk Baas vs Kyle Katarn vs Qui-Gon Jinn 1289255181
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 21st 2019, 7:48 am
Kyle or Jinn.
MP

September 21st 2019, 1:12 pm
How is Kyle winning anything over Jinn?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 21st 2019, 1:14 pm
Jinn.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum