Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

Jedi Dooku vs RotS Kenobi Empty Jedi Dooku vs RotS Kenobi

September 17th 2019, 1:21 am
1.Sabers
2.Force
3.All out

My two cents:
1.Draw
2.Dooku with a noticeable edge
3. Dooku after a difficult fight
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

Jedi Dooku vs RotS Kenobi Empty Re: Jedi Dooku vs RotS Kenobi

September 17th 2019, 1:39 am
Kenobi sweeps
LOTL

September 17th 2019, 1:43 am
Kenobi pretty comfortably
O-Siri
O-Siri

September 17th 2019, 1:57 am
1. Kenobi

2. Stalemate

3. Kenobi

This time if Dooku gets tired he won't be able to replenish his reserves so Kenobi should have a pretty comfortable edge in sabers. There isn't really a big enough Force gap for either to take in the Force alone.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 17th 2019, 2:04 am
O-Siri wrote:1. Kenobi

2. Stalemate

3. Kenobi

This time if Dooku gets tired he won't be able to replenish his reserves so Kenobi should have a pretty comfortable edge in sabers. There isn't really a big enough Force gap for either to take in the Force alone.
The cause of most of Dooku's fatigue in the IH fight was Anakin. Without him he won't get tired nearly as quickly. Combine that with Dooku being over a decade younger and I don't think fatigue will be a problem.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

September 17th 2019, 2:06 am
Kenobi nearly exhausted himself in the first few moments of the duel merely keeping up with Dooku per the script. Dooku had an enraged Anakin growing stronger and stronger hammering away. Not sure about this fight, but the Count’s mastery and skill are significant edges.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

September 17th 2019, 2:11 am
Leaning Dooku in a hard-fought sweep. Comparably skilled to his Sith self, younger, and still extremely powerful to boot.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

September 17th 2019, 2:20 am
Kenobi doesn't come close to Dooku's skill or Force knowledge, and this holds true for Dooku's Jedi iteration. His knowledge of the Jedi arts was considered second only to Yoda, and he was likely a superior swordsman to Mace Windu, or at least very close - and Kenobi never reached that level in either category. Combine with a stronger connection to the Force and a lot more dueling experience, and I'm definitely leaning Dooku.
O-Siri
O-Siri

September 17th 2019, 2:23 am
Kenobi was using a lot of energy through Ataru for most of the first half of the duel vs Dooku's energy-efficient Makashi. And neither were "exhausted" in the script, just tired, which is believe it or not a big difference. 

Dooku in this fight is a decade younger but he's still a very old 70 years, and far less powerful to compensate. He probubly didn't advance that far in his technical skill but as pointed out in numerous threads an increase in Force connection - and it was massive - will impact the quality of one's blade work:

Path of Destruction wrote:"Do you have anything you want me to work on for tomorrow?" Bane asked eagerly. "A new sequence? A new form? Anything?" "You've moved far beyond sequences and forms," the Master told him. "In that last pass you broke off your attack in the middle of one sequence and came at me from a completely different and unexpected angle." "I did?" Bane was surprised. "I ... I didn't really mean to." "That's what made it such a potentially devastating move," Kas'im explained. "You're letting the Force guide your blade now. You act without thought or reason. You're driven by passion: fury, anger . . . even hate. Your saber has become an extension of the dark side."

And Kenobi won't be tiring himself if he sticks to Soresu. The main reason Dooku was able to undermine Soresu was that he was able to take advantage of Soresu's passiveness and replenish his energy reserves through the dark side, but as a Jedi, he shouldn't have this ability, so Kenobi should have no trouble coasting to a slow but steady victory.
MP

September 17th 2019, 2:24 am
Yet again Kilius, you try and argue your way out of obvious conclusions with "muh forms", whilst ironically also posting a quote about how master swordsmen are BEYOND forms.
O-Siri
O-Siri

September 17th 2019, 2:31 am
Doesn't really refute anything I just said. Did Bane suddenly stop using Djem So? Did Kenobi stop using Ataru? Does Ataru suddenly stop being highly energy-consuming? Does Makashi suddenly stop being minimalist form? No? Then start making actual arguments.

What's "obvious" is that Dooku got his ass whooped by Yoda on Geonosis. All he did was get his finest assault stonewalled effortlessly and hold on defensively for 40 seconds while having all his moves and attempts at counterattack anticipated by Yoda. Jedi Dooku isn't remotely comparable to a serious Yoda, while RotS Kenobi is actually superior to Yoda in defense.

Last edited by O-Siri on September 17th 2019, 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 17th 2019, 2:32 am
Kenobi, Sith Dooku couldn’t do shit so why should jedi Dooku?

Don’t know why you’re comparing skill because Kenobi doesn’t use a skill based form. I could quite easily say Kenobi’S connection with the force is vastly superior. Dooku’s knowledge won’t do a lot either unless Kenobi gets careless and drops his guard.
LOTL

September 17th 2019, 2:32 am
Meatpants wrote:Kenobi doesn't come close to Dooku's skill or Force knowledge, and this holds true for Dooku's Jedi iteration. His knowledge of the Jedi arts was considered second only to Yoda, and he was likely a superior swordsman to Mace Windu, or at least very close - and Kenobi never reached that level in either category. Combine with a stronger connection to the Force and a lot more dueling experience, and I'm definitely leaning Dooku.

None of this is true lol(except the quote about his force knowledge). Sounds like you are just exercising a form of wish fulfillment by putting your idea and conception into words on the screen instead of making legitimate arguments
O-Siri
O-Siri

September 17th 2019, 2:37 am
@Meatpants
Kenobi doesn't come close to Dooku's skill

Which is why a far more powerful Dooku got his assault stonewall with zero effort. 

this holds true for Dooku's Jedi iteration.

Read the Bane quote. Dooku is far more powerful as a Sith and this will impact the quality of his blade work, which Kenobi stonewalled with minimal effort. How much more effective is a far less powerful Dooku going to be.

Kenobi never reached that level in either category.
Kenobi is a superior master of Soresu than even Yoda, who's own application was capable of stonewall Dooku on Geonosis in a similar effortless fashion. And Kenobi doing the same to a more powerful RotS version is a validation of this fact.

Last edited by O-Siri on September 17th 2019, 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
LOTL

September 17th 2019, 2:38 am
CuckedCurry wrote:Kenobi, Sith Dooku couldn’t do shit so why should jedi Dooku?

Don’t know why you’re comparing skill because Kenobi doesn’t use a skill based form. I could quite easily say Kenobi’S connection with the force is vastly superior. Dooku’s knowledge won’t do a lot either unless Kenobi gets careless and drops his guard.

They legit use Dooku catching Kenobi off guard by ROTS as an argument for him being vastly superior. Nothing wrong with that of course, except they refuse to use like 10000 other cases of that happening and single in on this one only
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 17th 2019, 3:09 am
Kenobi.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 17th 2019, 3:24 am
Kenobi for sure
dark_globe
dark_globe

September 17th 2019, 4:12 am
probably kenobi
jedi dooku most likely is not powerful enough to ragdoll obi-wan and
it would be out of character as well given by that time he was a jedi .
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 17th 2019, 7:40 am
Kenobi solidly, although not easily.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 17th 2019, 9:34 am
Kenobi, good fight.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 17th 2019, 12:24 pm
Kenobi sweeps.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 17th 2019, 2:41 pm
Kenobi takes all rounds, decent fight.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 17th 2019, 2:45 pm
I could see them as equals in all categories, but saying Kenobi wins(especially force) is hard to believe unless Dooku had ridiculous growth between TPM and RotS
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 17th 2019, 2:47 pm
His force superiority is rather large in RoTS, but his growth seems rather passive. Considering once he taps into the dark side, his power should’ve grown exponentially (see Revan, Kun, etc). Furthermore, Jedi Dooku is relatively featless, and just has a bunch of accolades about saber skill.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 17th 2019, 2:56 pm
IdrisianGraecus wrote:His force superiority is rather large in RoTS, but his growth seems rather passive. Considering once he taps into the dark side, his power should’ve grown exponentially (see Revan, Kun, etc). Furthermore, Jedi Dooku is relatively featless, and just has a bunch of accolades about saber skill.
Well its sabers that is going to be the deciding factor in this battle. The gap between Kenobi and Dooku in the force probably isn't big enough for it to be a deciding factor. And i'll back Dooku over Kenobi after a grueling duel since he's more likely to do the sly things necessary to get an edge like when he tripped Anakin on the IH. But overall, I'd say they're roughly equal.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum