Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

Cilghal vs. Sirak Empty Cilghal vs. Sirak

September 12th 2019, 4:34 am
Who wins?
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Cilghal vs. Sirak Empty Re: Cilghal vs. Sirak

September 12th 2019, 4:57 am
Sirak
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 12th 2019, 6:12 am
Cilghal. She has already beaten an opponent with comparable showings in Sontais Saar. I’ll fight anyone on that
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 12th 2019, 7:05 am
Meatpants wrote:Sirak
Reasons? Given you have admitted lack of knowledge towards Cilghal I question the validity of your choice.
Gianfi
Gianfi

September 12th 2019, 7:13 am
Cilghal
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

September 12th 2019, 8:07 am
Cilghal with ease
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 12th 2019, 9:23 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I’ll make this simple, so that everyone can understand why Cilghal wins. 
Cilghal’s only major showing is the fight in the novel backlash against the Jedi Knight Saar: 

Spoiler:

First of all, The entire sequence is told from Saar’s point of view, who is actively trying to get rid of her as he thinks she is an imposter and he needs to get off the planet. 
Although he’s able to put up a brief fight, she is shown to be solidly superior to him in lightsaber skill and can blast him with the force despite him attempting to slow his rate. Furthermore, I do believe Cilghal could have ended the fight at any moment. Here’s why:
In general, Cilghal is noted as a very compassionate individual who preferes not to hurt anyone whenever possible: 

Cilghal vs. Sirak Af5b6710

In this specific instance, however, as she tells to Jaina later, she decided to end the fight quickly and hurt him, note that the injuries came from her blasting him with the force:

Backlash wrote:Shul Vaal nodded. “Paranoia and hostility. No manifestation yet of Force powers he should not possess. Master Cilghal gave him a concussion and a broken nose.”
“I had to end the fight quickly.” Cilghal sounded gruff, even defensive. “Sometimes to heal, you must first hurt.”

It’s similar to the example we have from Windu vs Bulq: the former could have ended the fight at any moment but his general restraint prevented him from doing so immediately. This stance is corroborated from Daala’s description of the fight: 

Backlash wrote:He ran into Jedi Master Cilghal, dueled with her her briefly, and was flattened like a bug.”

I think that’s enough to establish vast superiority over Saar.

Now, what does Saar have? After he falls pray to the force psychosis, he is able to move as a blur from the point of view of Dorvan: 
Backlash wrote:
“Saar seemed to disappear. Dorvan blinked and realized that Saar was still before him, now a dozen meters away and running at such speed that he appeared to blur as he headed for the exit.”
And that’s not all, as Saar later appears to move even faster than that: 

Backlash wrote:“The blur that was Jedi Saar suddenly became even harder to focus on as he raced to the exit, diving through the closing doors when there was less than a meter’s gap between them.”
So, what do we have? Cilghal is vastly superior in the force (and therefore augmentation as well) to a guy capable of running as a blur (and even faster). Does Sirak have anything that compares to that?
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

September 12th 2019, 9:51 am
Dmb might have something to say
LSDMB
LSDMB

September 13th 2019, 10:02 am
HOLY SHIT, SAAR MOVED IN A BLUR! HOLY FUCK THAT'S SO GOOD.

Except Bane in POD while he was entering into his faltering connection with the Force phase moved in a blur.
Path of Destruction wrote:There was a hiss as the downstroke of his blade carved through the air in the first move, a blur of motion ... but far too slow. Kas'im responded by slipping to the side and bringing his own double-bladed weapon around in a long, swift arc that struck Bane hard in the ribs.

And then Sirak when he's toying with Bane moves his lightsaber in a BLUR of motion
Path of Destruction wrote:Sirak raised the double-bladed saber up above his head, spinning it so fast it was nothing but a blur, then lunged forward.

And Sirak being nothing but a blur, while holding back, is from the perspective of Bane, a force sensitive who is actually trained in combat against other force sensitives rather than some non-force sensitive non-combatant political functionary.

So if you wanna argue Cilghal wins this fight, this weird speed comparison is not the way to do it.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

September 13th 2019, 10:15 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Well for Cilghal's feat, Saar moved as a blur (and then faster later) at a distance of over a dozen meters. It's harder to appear as a blur at a distance vs close range, e.g a formula 1 car at close range is a blur but hundreds of feet away can be seen clearly. At the range Sirak was seen moving as a blur, Saar appeared to have teleported in the blink of an eye 12 meters away. So Saar's feat is better (by a lot) unless you can prove Bane's Force Perceptions were augmented so highly (at the time) that it would still exceed Saar.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 13th 2019, 10:24 am
This is without even mentioning that Cilghal is vastly beyond that, based on a comparison of power levels. Furthermore, Saar was able to get through blast doors that the book notes were closing at a fast rate. Also, I never argued Saar’s feat was incredibly impressive, I simply used it to compare his speed with Cilghal’s.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

September 13th 2019, 10:27 am
Cilghal >>> Saar moving faster than a blur @ 12+ meters > moving as a blur @ 12 meters and teleporting in the blink of an eye > Sirak's saber blurring at close range > Bane's saber blurring at close range

Cilghal stomps
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 17th 2019, 9:45 am
Cilghal.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

September 18th 2019, 8:17 pm
Can't say I'm an expert on either (not having read post-rotj novels beyond bounty hunter wars is my biggest weakness), but from what is presented here Cilghal seems superior.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 18th 2019, 8:49 pm
Cilghal for the stomp, I'd wager.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum