Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Rank these characters in Force power - Page 2 Empty Re: Rank these characters in Force power

September 16th 2019, 1:16 pm
LOTL responding to everyone but me. Rank these characters in Force power - Page 2 1648373583
LOTL

Rank these characters in Force power - Page 2 Empty Re: Rank these characters in Force power

September 16th 2019, 1:25 pm
NotAA3 wrote:LOTL responding to everyone but me. Rank these characters in Force power - Page 2 1648373583

Patience. I haven't forgotten the CaV
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 16th 2019, 1:54 pm
@LOTL "Vastly" more powerful, no. Considerably more powerful, yes. 

@NotAA3 
He's not even the main problem. Having any of these buffoons ("Malgus, Act 3 HoT, Ventress")  as > SF Malak is the main issue. Also, having Malgus > Act 3 HoT is suspect. Personally, I'd make it look like this:

I know very little about Malak beyond what I've heard on here, so don't take it as a final placement. 

SF Malak>Kenobi>Act 3 HoT>Ventress>Malgus (final two could be swapped around).

Um, why is prime Malgus below the HoT or Ventress?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 16th 2019, 1:58 pm
@BreakofDawn

I know very little about Malak beyond what I've heard on here, so don't take it as a final placement.

His significant superior to Kun places him above Ventress, Malgus and the HoT imo.

Um, why is prime Malgus below the HoT or Ventress?

He doesn't have anything putting him above either, and he lost to the HoT.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 16th 2019, 2:03 pm
@NotAA3 
His significant superior to Kun places him above Ventress, Malgus and the HoT imo.

Honestly, I know more about quantum physics than I do about Kun or Malak, so that doesn't really tell me anything lol. 

He doesn't have anything putting him above either, and he lost to the HoT.

Tired or not, he was able to bring both the HoT and the Barsen'Thor/Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox to their knees, fought off 4 of the most powerful and skilled warriors in the galaxy simultaneously (indicating incredibly high levels of skill considering this isn't the first time that they'd teamed up and thus their teamwork would be pretty impressive), dominating their minds more than once during the battle (indicating huge levels of power as he was still contending with them in sabers while dominating their minds), and was described by the HoT as having a "flawless" saber technique that faltered only because of his doubt.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 16th 2019, 2:12 pm
@BreakofDawn

Honestly, I know more about quantum physics than I do about Kun or Malak, so that doesn't really tell me anything lol.

Okay.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=649895&pagenumber=2

Scroll down to Ant's 6th post and read #7 - The Wrath of Khan Kun.

Tired or not, he was able to bring both the HoT and the Barsen'Thor/Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox to their knees, fought off 4 of the most powerful and skilled warriors in the galaxy simultaneously (indicating incredibly high levels of skill considering this isn't the first time that they'd teamed up and thus their teamwork would be pretty impressive),

None of them perform any defensive gestures, so it's not an indicator of superiority to the HoT. No evidence he held them off, all we know is that he fought them and lost (it could have been a stomp for all you know).

dominating their minds more than once during the battle (indicating huge levels of power as he was still contending with them in sabers while dominating their minds),

Quote?

and was described by the HoT as having a "flawless" saber technique that faltered only because of his doubt.

The other protags like the Barsen'thor (the HoT's canonical inferior) claimed they beat him through just being better, so while it's impressive I'm not sure it proves he's better than the HoT, especially since it's plausible the Hero was just being humble.

Also, none of this addresses my point, that being that the HoT beat Malgus solo.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 16th 2019, 5:29 pm
Luke Skywalker > DE Sidious > Valkorion > RotJ Sidious > Vitiate > RotS Sidious > Outlander >Vaylin > Revan > Vjun Dooku >UnuThul > Dooku > Arcann > Plagueis > Darth Krayt > SF Malak > Darth Caedus > Darth Tenebrous > Darth Ramage > Exar Kun > Obi-Wan > Maul > Act III HoT > Freedon Nadd > Darth Bane > Ventress > Darth Malgus > Kyle Katarn > Darth Thanaton > Kit Fisto.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 20th 2019, 11:22 am
The Ellimist wrote:Is the Databank "one source"? It's clearly written by a number of people, and we're pasting together the specific tense of different entries and pretending "In modern times" has to refer to events after Sidious as well because some other entry references Krayt in the past tense.

Yes, it's one source. There are a number of sourcebooks with multiple authors but they are still singular sources as well. And where is it even clear the Databank is written by more than one person? I recall @ILS making note that it was exclusively Hidalgo's scribblings a year or so back (a number of the entries were directly copy-pasted into TCSWE, one of the authors of which is Hidalgo).

Regardless, I disagree with you on a fundamental level about "reading too much into thing"; the text says what it says. Dismissing clear wording without a reason other than a subjective disdain for hyperliteral interpretations creates a precedent that other things can be disregarded on nothing more than subjective whims as well.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum