Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Meetra Surik vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Meetra Surik vs Qui-Gon Jinn

September 1st 2019, 8:11 pm
Sabers
Force
All out
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Meetra Surik vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Re: Meetra Surik vs Qui-Gon Jinn

September 1st 2019, 8:16 pm
Jinn wins sabers and all out. Probably takes force as well depending on how close he is to Maul (Which should be reasonably close if we take augmentation as a proxy for power).
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

September 1st 2019, 8:17 pm
Qui Gon wins.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 1st 2019, 9:04 pm
Meetra loses round 1. Takes 2 and 3 though.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 1st 2019, 9:26 pm
Meetra wins 2 + 3 with relative ease. Loses one barely.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

September 1st 2019, 9:31 pm
Meetra clean sweeps, roflmao.
MP

September 1st 2019, 9:46 pm
What does Surik have in sabers that Qui-Gon doesn’t for starters?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

September 1st 2019, 9:48 pm
Surik all save maaaaybe sabers.
MP

September 1st 2019, 10:34 pm
PeraltaEagle45 wrote:Surik all save maaaaybe sabers.

Reason?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

September 1st 2019, 10:37 pm
I'm more impressed with her feat against Sion/Traya on Malachor V than I am with Jinn's against Maul.
MP

September 1st 2019, 10:43 pm
In sabers?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

September 1st 2019, 11:02 pm
That one could probably go either way.
MP

September 1st 2019, 11:30 pm
I'm open to arguments about Force (potentially all-out), but I don't see sabers going in Surik's favor. Maul as of TPM is still a better duelist than Traya, and Jinn matched his augmented strength and speed. Jinn also likely has the edge in technical skill.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 2nd 2019, 12:35 am
Jinn, solidly.
Shioz
Shioz

September 2nd 2019, 12:47 am
Jinn.
AncientPower
AncientPower

September 2nd 2019, 12:49 am
Meatpants wrote:I'm open to arguments about Force (potentially all-out), but I don't see sabers going in Surik's favor. Maul as of TPM is still a better duelist than Traya, and Jinn matched his augmented strength and speed. Jinn also likely has the edge in technical skill.

Here's the problem, your basis for Maul being amongst the best ever as a duelist doesn't actually mean he's going to be as dominant outside of his era.

Considering Arren Kae was an equal of Yusanis; who lost to Darth Revan on the basis of being too slow and not on the basis of being outskilled, before becoming Traya decades later and has clearly become a composite master of all forms and is the best duelist in the Triumvirate. The Triumvirate being made up of the strongest Sith in Revan's Empire who were previously Jedi converts, who were collectively the most powerful Jedi of their time from an era canonically stated to be the combative prime of the Jedi order, even more so than in the days of the Clone Wars.

Yeah, you can probably see why I don't think the sabers edge is as clear-cut as you assume.
MP

September 2nd 2019, 1:16 am
LadyKulvax wrote:Here's the problem, your basis for Maul being amongst the best ever as a duelist doesn't actually mean he's going to be as dominant outside of his era.

Isn't that the definition of "amongst the best ever"?

LadyKulvax wrote:Considering Arren Kae was an equal of Yusanis; who lost to Darth Revan on the basis of being too slow and not on the basis of being outskilled, before becoming Traya decades later and has clearly become a composite master of all forms and is the best duelist in the Triumvirate. The Triumvirate being made up of the strongest Sith in Revan's Empire who were previously Jedi converts, who were collectively the most powerful Jedi of their time from an era canonically stated to be the combative prime of the Jedi order, even more so than in the days of the Clone Wars.

Okay, so you're building undefined skill on undefined skill on undefined skill. Qui-Gon is considered one of the greatest swordsmen in the history of the Order, and his skills are comparable to that of Maul.

Sure, I can buy the Kotor era as being the "combative prime" of the Jedi in terms of combative viability against other lightsaber wielders - the PT era certainly has a lower proportion of master swordsmen, but these are greater than those of the Kotor era in general. Dedicated swordsmen like Windu, Dooku and Qui-Gon have multiple accolades placing them as the creme de la creme of Jedi swordsmen in the history of the Order, and there's a hella good reason why.
AncientPower
AncientPower

September 2nd 2019, 1:23 am
But you're then assuming that duelists like Revan, Traya and the Exile aren't also. Per Scourge, Revan and the Exile were the best Jedi period until the Hero of Tython. Meetra was so skilled she mitigated being overpowered in an augmentative way by Darth Nyriss who with half of her attention could one-shot Scourge in a duel.

Should I suddenly start using that the Exile >> Traya > Atris > Kavar > all other Jedi Guardians > PT Jedi Guardians as some dueling scaling just because Jinn doesn't?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 2nd 2019, 1:30 am
Meetra Surik wins
MP

September 2nd 2019, 1:33 am
LadyKulvax wrote:Per Scourge, Revan and the Exile were the best Jedi period until the Hero of Tython.

And this means what exactly?

LadyKulvax wrote:Meetra was so skilled she mitigated being overpowered in an augmentative way by Darth Nyriss who with half of her attention could one-shot Scourge in a duel.

Both of them were getting blitzed.

LadyKulvax wrote:Should I suddenly start using that the Exile >> Traya > Atris > Kavar > all other Jedi Guardians > PT Jedi Guardians as some dueling scaling just because Jinn doesn't?

Not sure what you're trying to say here.
AncientPower
AncientPower

September 2nd 2019, 1:48 am
It means they're also the absolute best of their era.

It's specifically stated that Meetra wasn't, kek.

Because KotOR > PT average means Meetra has disgusting levels of scaling to abuse here.

In terms of feats I don't see Maul > Traya in dueling skill when ambiguous accolades are his only claim to that fame.
MP

September 2nd 2019, 2:22 am
LadyKulvax wrote:It means they're also the absolute best of their era.

Okay, but the PT era swordsmen I'm referring to are stated to be the best in the entire history of the Order, this isn't restricted by the era.

LadyKulvax wrote:It's specifically stated that Meetra wasn't, kek.

Okay, she's still inferior to Nyriss, and it's kinda pointless to try and scale from that anyway.

LadyKulvax wrote:Because KotOR > PT average means Meetra has disgusting levels of scaling to abuse here.

Except the best swordmasters in the PT are not "average" for their era, in fact they're stated to be among the best of all eras, so that's irrelevant.

LadyKulvax wrote:In terms of feats I don't see Maul > Traya in dueling skill when ambiguous accolades are his only claim to that fame.

I mean, Traya also only has accolades. She doesn't possess any real demonstrations in lightsaber combat. Maul is at least stated to be second only to Sidious - of course this is to be taken tentatively - though it's still an indication of his dueling ability.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 2nd 2019, 2:35 am
Yo Sion had his back turned to Traya and still managed to turn around a slice her hand off before she could react 

Pretty sure Maul>>>>Traya, seeing how Maul is >>>> Sion
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 2nd 2019, 10:58 am
Traya’s power was linked to the Exile’s at that point. She grew stronger as the Exile did. At that point, the Exile was weak as shit.

Traya later in the game manages to ragdoll Sion mid conversation, and also manages to ragdoll 20 Sith Assassins.

Traya ragdoll the three masters without a gesture, and one of those masters was above Dark Bastila high off of the SF, who was powerful enough to give KOTOR Revan a good fight while simultaneously TKing 3 giant doors.

Meetra >> Malachor Meetra > Tired Malachor Meetra > Trayus Core Traya > Malachor Traya >> Traya >>>> Vrook, Zez Kai Ell & Kavar, and any one is > Dark Bastila high off of Star Forge << KOTOR Revan.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 2nd 2019, 2:09 pm
Surik
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum