Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

Top 5 favorite Villains in Fiction - Page 3 Empty Re: Top 5 favorite Villains in Fiction

on December 8th 2019, 12:15 pm
Griffith.
Darth Vader.
Ozymandias. 
Walter White.
Hannibal Lecter. 

Honorable Mentions: Anton Chigurh/Homelander/Bill Cipher/Darth Sidious.

Last edited by Syndiciate on December 8th 2019, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BoD (Away)
Level Six
Level Six

Top 5 favorite Villains in Fiction - Page 3 Empty Re: Top 5 favorite Villains in Fiction

on December 8th 2019, 12:32 pm
What made him complicated?

His ambiguity. He wasn't your typical "mwahaha I'm evil and want to kill you".
Master Azronger
Master Azronger
Moderator | Champion of the Light

on December 8th 2019, 12:34 pm
He kinda was though lol. Can you point to any instances of this supposed ambiguity?

Level Six
Level Six

on December 8th 2019, 12:48 pm
Azronger wrote:He kinda was though lol. Can you point to any instances of this supposed ambiguity?
Saving our lives multiple times, admitting his time as a ruler was over, claiming everything he did (e.g. his horrific treatment of Vaylin) was for the greater good and actually seeming to do morally questionable things for the good of all.
Dolph
Dolph
Level Three
Level Three

on December 8th 2019, 1:05 pm
Jacen Solo is one of my favorites. He is the Hated Hero.
BoD (Away)
Level Six
Level Six

on December 8th 2019, 1:52 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:Jacen Solo is one of my favorites. He is the Hated Hero.
Sounds like a diplomatic way of saying he's a bit of a bitch.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Two
Level Two

on December 8th 2019, 6:15 pm
Plagueis
Cersei Lannister
Grievous 
Tywin Lannister
Sidious
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

on December 9th 2019, 3:00 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
BreakofDawn wrote:
Azronger wrote:He kinda was though lol. Can you point to any instances of this supposed ambiguity?
Saving our lives multiple times, admitting his time as a ruler was over, claiming everything he did (e.g. his horrific treatment of Vaylin) was for the greater good and actually seeming to do morally questionable things for the good of all.

Yeah and that was all revealed to be a lie and for his own selfish goals at the end. It was all a front. He kept the Outlander alive so he could use their body as a new vessel in order to rule once more, and discarded the person within once they were no longer useful. He locked Vaylin away so she wouldn't pose a threat to his power; the talk about her being a danger to others is BS since with proper care and nurture she could have been raised into a normal human being. Senya points this out, and how Valkorion neglected his children when they needed his guidance and care, which we know was so he could focus on committing galaxy-wide genocide to attain omnipotence (the greater good, right?). His bad parenting also molded Arcann to the dark side, and he even said to his father whom he had locked away for millennia that his torment was just beginning. There's nothing morally ambiguous about his actions. He's just a plain narcissist and evil to his core: "A god has no family. Before I graced you with my presence, you were but motes of filth, drowning in the chaos of the void." That's what he said to his family's face, yet this guy also supposedly believes in the concept of the greater good? Sorry, but I ain't buying it.
BoD (Away)
Level Six
Level Six

on December 9th 2019, 3:57 am
The point is that we didn’t actually begin to suspect it was a front until near the end of KOTET.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Two
Level Two

on December 9th 2019, 4:53 am
Another character I would add is the gravemind from halo
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

on December 9th 2019, 7:13 am
1. Malak
2. Yoshikage Kira
3. Zuko
4. Joker (Dark Knight)
5.. Hannibal Lecter
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

on January 3rd 2020, 9:02 pm
1-the joker
2-dio brando 
3-sidious
4-hannibal 
5-malekith/the daleks/arthas
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

on April 12th 2020, 12:49 am
Why are all my past lists on this stuff so cringe? Anyhow:

1.Zuko (ATLA)
2.Klaus (TVD/TO)
3.Elijah (TVD/TO)
4.Lecter (SOTL)
5.Nygma (DC)

Honourable Mentions: Jacen (SW), Vader (SW), Sidious (SW).

Last edited by Sjuttiosju on July 29th 2020, 9:13 am; edited 17 times in total
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Two
Level Two

on April 12th 2020, 2:59 am
That list is no less cringe lol zuko what kind of drugs have you been smoking

Where’s Cersei power?
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

on April 12th 2020, 3:26 am
@CuckedCurry:

A) What's wrong with Zuko?

B) I've not watched GOT.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Two
Level Two

on April 12th 2020, 4:44 am
Anything from Avatar is just Top 5 favorite Villains in Fiction - Page 3 1019854026
Hermaeus Mora
Hermaeus Mora

on April 12th 2020, 1:33 pm
1. The joker
2. Michael Myers
3. Davy Jones
4. Vader/Sidious
5. Pennywise
Bart
Bart

on April 15th 2020, 9:32 pm
Can't really order them all, but my general list would be:
- Lady Macbeth,
- Hannibal Lecter,
- Dorian Gray (villain-protag),
- Patrick Bateman (villain-protag),
- Dante's Satan,
- Kreia (?),
- Miraak,
- Sun Li,
- Kefka,
- God from Bible.
Vader's Legacy
Vader's Legacy
Level Three
Level Three

on April 15th 2020, 9:43 pm
That last choice Top 5 favorite Villains in Fiction - Page 3 1076326320

Geistalt
Geistalt

on April 17th 2020, 9:43 am
Susano'o (BlazBlue)
The Son (Star Wars)
Darth Sidious (Star Wars)
Tzeentch (Warhammer 40,000)
Níðhǫggr (Norse Mythology)
Thrawn
Thrawn

on May 13th 2020, 11:55 pm
1. Skeletor
2. Pinhead
3. Shredder
4. Michael Myers
5. King Ghidorah

Honorable mentions

Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, Melkor/Morgoth, Riddler, Hobgoblin, Sabretooth, Apocalypse, Hannibal Lector, Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt, Wart from SMB2, Hordak, King Hsss, Joker

I don't consider Thrawn or Venom to be true villains at this point.
Vader's Legacy
Vader's Legacy
Level Three
Level Three

on May 14th 2020, 12:07 am
I would also add Hannibal like DC, though for likely different reasons. Not even sure he's a villain, just a disturbed individual.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

on May 18th 2020, 4:58 am
Azronger wrote:One per franchise.

Sheev (Star Wars)
Griffith (Berserk)
The Joker (The Dark Knight)
Gaunter O'Dimm (The Witcher)
Light Yagami (Death Note)
Azula (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

I'd now add Frankenstein's monster to the list.

Level Three
Level Three

on May 18th 2020, 9:45 am
is Frankenstein's Monster really a villian though? To me he's a victim of circumstance not really a true villian *shrug*
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

on May 18th 2020, 11:12 am
Practically every villain is a victim of circumstance. Frankenstein's monster the antagonist of the story, so he counts as a villain in my eyes.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum