Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Exar Kun Supreme Respect Thread (NEW UPDATE 8/28/2022) - Page 5 Empty Re: Exar Kun Supreme Respect Thread (NEW UPDATE 8/28/2022)

June 7th 2020, 9:37 pm
Depends on the point of view of the source.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Exar Kun Supreme Respect Thread (NEW UPDATE 8/28/2022) - Page 5 Empty Re: Exar Kun Supreme Respect Thread (NEW UPDATE 8/28/2022)

June 8th 2020, 12:44 am
@Bourbon Welcome to the forum. From where do you hail?
Bourbon
Bourbon

June 8th 2020, 1:03 pm
@Azronger

Hello. Thanks!

You mean where do I come from?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 8th 2020, 8:03 pm
Which corner of the internet, yes
Bourbon
Bourbon

June 9th 2020, 3:17 pm
@Azronger

Nowhere really. I used to read battle forums but wasn't really involved but then decided to join in as well.
AncientPower
AncientPower

August 23rd 2020, 1:46 am
Added this quote:

Exar Kun Supreme Respect Thread (NEW UPDATE 8/28/2022) - Page 5 Unknown
AncientPower
AncientPower

October 10th 2020, 7:29 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
In celebration of this thread gaining 7,000 views, I have massively updated the entire thread. Thank you, and enjoy.
AncientPower
AncientPower

October 17th 2020, 1:31 am
Added the following Cargo Bay endorsed-blurb that has Kun's spirit possessing Kyp Durron possibly becoming > Reborn Palpatine:

Exar Kun Supreme Respect Thread (NEW UPDATE 8/28/2022) - Page 5 20201012

Given the disparity between spirit Kun and full might JA Kyp as outlined by post two which covers Kun's spirit, one can assume that Exar Kun at full power in his prime would be close to Reborn Palpatine himself. With a powerhouse such as Kyp Durron at full might, he'd obviously be beyond him.
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 17th 2020, 2:15 am
LadyKulvax wrote:Added the following Cargo Bay endorsed-blurb that has Kun's spirit possessing Kyp Durron possibly becoming > Reborn Palpatine:

Exar Kun Supreme Respect Thread (NEW UPDATE 8/28/2022) - Page 5 20201012

Given the disparity between spirit Kun and full might JA Kyp as outlined by post two which covers Kun's spirit, one can assume that Exar Kun at full power in his prime would be close to Reborn Palpatine himself. With a powerhouse such as Kyp Durron at full might, he'd obviously be beyond him.

This solidly puts Kun on palpatines level, there are numerous sources putting Sidious at number 1 so I don’t think he’d ever be above Sidious but this proves he is definitely number 2 or 3
AncientPower
AncientPower

October 17th 2020, 2:20 am
Well, it's yet another quote placing Kun near Sheev. But this time it's a full-fledged starwars.com endorsement. Which counts for a lot.
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 17th 2020, 2:24 am
LadyKulvax wrote:Well, it's yet another quote placing Kun near Sheev. But this time it's a full-fledged starwars.com endorsement. Which counts for a lot.

Yeh idk how people can try to ignore this stuff hahaha, I think you should make a case for Kun > Vitiate or for scaling Kun alone, I think that would be interesting
AncientPower
AncientPower

October 17th 2020, 2:32 am
Eh. If you take the BiOWare devs seriously and ignore how it's IU, the SWTOR:E has quotes that put Tenebrae above everyone by the point of Malgus's 'death'. Though that's pooled Tenebrae and I'm not sure there's an enormous difference between Tenebrae and Reborn Sheev. So Kun can go third, sure. Ignoring the likes of Nyax.
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 17th 2020, 3:28 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:Eh. If you take the BiOWare devs seriously and ignore how it's IU, the SWTOR:E has quotes that put Tenebrae above everyone by the point of Malgus's 'death'. Though that's pooled Tenebrae and I'm not sure there's an enormous difference between Tenebrae and Reborn Sheev. So Kun can go third, sure. Ignoring the likes of Nyax.

But aren’t the quotes referring to Tenebrae referring to his full power with his rituals an shit? I always held him lower due to him needing external sources to be able to use his full power,

Yet, immortality is an impossibility. No matter how strong, how powerful, how godlike, all must perish. In the end, Valkorion could not escape the permanent, inevitable end to his existence. Finally, after thousands of years, the Immortal Emperor - his body, his spirit, the very essence of his being - is no more.
—The Old Republic Codex: The Fall of Valkorion

So this quote straight up states that immortality is impossible for Valk so shouldn’t that put him solidly below Krayt who literally brought himself back to life, and Kun scales far above Krayt if Vong Krayt is below Karness Muur. Unless we assume that after his Rebirth Krayt just grew like 1000x stronger which I think is a bit of a stretch.

Plus Vitiate couldn’t even possess the original Valkorian host without hollowing him out first, and then we see him fail to possess bitch level sith like Lana Beniko

“I found Valkorion centuries ago. He was a great warrior. A champion of ancient Zakuul. It was only natural I hollow him out to use as my vessel.”
—The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne

“I couldn’t help but notice you’re not one of Vitiate’s puppets.”
“I’ve been preparing my mental defences ever since Yavin Four. Still, resistance hasn't been easy."
—The Old Republic: Rise of the Emperor

Yet we see Exar casually possess Kyp Durron (one of the most powerful Jedi of all time) with ease!!! We also see Exar Possess, imbue and straight up dominate the Minds of thousands of Massassi,
Doesnt that scale Kun above Vitiate ? I’d say scaling like that overrules quotes that refer to unnatural power harnessed by artificial means
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 17th 2020, 5:56 pm
Exar Kun Supreme Respect Thread (NEW UPDATE 8/28/2022) - Page 5 39523600
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

October 17th 2020, 10:03 pm
A new era is rising. The Era of the Kunites
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

October 17th 2020, 10:07 pm
Decaf_Beverages wrote:A new era is rising. The Era of the Kunites

Should be Kunts
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

October 17th 2020, 10:47 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:
Decaf_Beverages wrote:A new era is rising. The Era of the Kunites

Should be Kunts

I'd accept "Kunnies" as a middle ground
AncientPower
AncientPower

October 17th 2020, 10:50 pm
Added in this quote from Insider 83:
Exar Kun Supreme Respect Thread (NEW UPDATE 8/28/2022) - Page 5 Screenshot_20201018-104012_Comic_Screen
Primarch
Primarch

October 18th 2020, 4:19 am
Kun is in your future, Kun is in your past
Kun is the echo of your footsteps, Kun is your shadowcast
Kun is language, Kun is the words you speak
Kun is the soul that never dies when flesh is weak
Kun is the heat you radiate, Kun is the fury, and the fate
Kun is dawn of the ages, Kun is the days seen through
Kun is each beat within your heart, from first to last
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

October 21st 2020, 7:01 pm
Vaelias wrote:But aren’t the quotes referring to Tenebrae referring to his full power with his rituals an shit? I always held him lower due to him needing external sources to be able to use his full power,

What external sources? NATHEMA? The sheer amount of energy sourced through this ritual enabled him to extend his LIFE for indefinite period untouched by age (Corporeal Immortality). He was supremely strong irrespective of this gain:

The child who will come to be known as the Sith Emperor is born. Black-eyed, heartless, and supremely strong in the dark side of the Force, the boy seizes control of his homeworld by the age of 13 and earns the title Lord Vitiate. - From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

- and the energy sourced from NATHEMA made him only better on many counts.

Tenebrae wasn't a scientist but a practitioner of Sith Sorcery. Medical sciences were not really advanced back in the days of Marka Ragnos anyways. Tenebrae made heavy use of Sith Sorcery to amass great power - how is this a sign of weakness? Even Darth Plagueis had a high opinion of Sith Sorcery and felt that it was a pathway to developing impressive abilities but requisite talent and knowledge had eroded by his time.

Vaelias wrote:Yet, immortality is an impossibility. No matter how strong, how powerful, how godlike, all must perish. In the end, Valkorion could not escape the permanent, inevitable end to his existence. Finally, after thousands of years, the Immortal Emperor - his body, his spirit, the very essence of his being - is no more.
—The Old Republic Codex: The Fall of Valkorion

So this quote straight up states that immortality is impossible for Valk so shouldn’t that put him solidly below Krayt who literally brought himself back to life, and Kun scales far above Krayt if Vong Krayt is below Karness Muur. Unless we assume that after his Rebirth Krayt just grew like 1000x stronger which I think is a bit of a stretch.

Definition of immortality = unending existence (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immortality)

The statement in question is not limited to Tenebrae but clear admission that no Force-user can last forever (reasons vary) - even The Father could not while living in peace although he was coping with pressures of holding his Children at bay and maintaining the Monolith world they inhabited as a collective.

Tenebrae cheated death time and again because he could manage incorporeal form of existence for a while and/or body hopping. Tenebrae even pointed out to the Alliance Commander that the latter may subject the former to virtually any type of superweapon but this wouldn't stop him from coming back.

Could Darth Krayt recover from his body being dispatched into Coruscant's Sun? No. Darth Krayt discovered a technique to heal his wounds at some point (i.e. Dark Transfer) but he could not cheat death on the level of Tenebrae, not even close.

Vaelias wrote:Plus Vitiate couldn’t even possess the original Valkorian host without hollowing him out first, and then we see him fail to possess bitch level sith like Lana Beniko

“I found Valkorion centuries ago. He was a great warrior. A champion of ancient Zakuul. It was only natural I hollow him out to use as my vessel.”
—The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne

“I couldn’t help but notice you’re not one of Vitiate’s puppets.”
“I’ve been preparing my mental defences ever since Yavin Four. Still, resistance hasn't been easy."
—The Old Republic: Rise of the Emperor

Yet we see Exar casually possess Kyp Durron (one of the most powerful Jedi of all time) with ease!!! We also see Exar Possess, imbue and straight up dominate the Minds of thousands of Massassi,
Doesnt that scale Kun above Vitiate ? I’d say scaling like that overrules quotes that refer to unnatural power harnessed by artificial means

FYI

Transfer Life

This power allows character to transfer his or her life energy into another body. The key to immortality itself, this is one of the most difficult and evil of all dark side powers. To overcome a spirit already residing in a body is nearly impossible. This is why the power is nearly useless without the ability to clone host bodies.
- From (Star Wars D6 Force powers)

Now you understand the HOLLOW OUT part?

As for not being able to posses Lana Beniko on Ziost - pointless argument in view of the fact that possibly billions were under his spell already including scores of Jedi Masters. In other words, Tenebrae was deeply invested in dominating so many individuals across the world. Under these circumstances, a few managing to shrug off his spell does not amount to much.

Resistance to Telepathic Abilities is not really contingent upon one's Raw Power but Mental Fortitude. This is apparent from Lana Beniko's statement that she spent much time reinforcing her Mental Fortitude before stepping on Ziost and also from the fact that a much stronger Force-user in Jedi Master Surro was under Tenebrae's spell on Ziost. When the two crossed paths, Jedi Master Surro (while under Vitiate's spell) easily overwhelmed Lana Beniko in a fight.

Exar Kun's Telepathic showings are impressive no doubt but pale in comparison to Tenebrae's Telepathic demonstrations from virtually any perspective whether you consider sheer numbers or the caliber of Force-users possessed from time-to-time. Kyp Durron had much raw power in him but he was a Jedi Padawan when Exar Kun managed to possess him - lacking in Knowledge, Techniques, Experience, and Mental Fortitude at this point in time. Same Exar Kun failed to manipulate/outright possess another Jedi Padawan in Gantoris earlier and killed him instead.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on October 22nd 2020, 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
AncientPower
AncientPower

October 21st 2020, 7:10 pm
Please do not debate in my thread, this absolutely isn't the place.

If you think Exar Kun's telepathy 'pales' in comparison you clearly didn't read the thread.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 21st 2020, 8:35 pm
Regardless of whether you agree with AP's arguments and interpretations of the source material, you have to admit that this is one damn good respect thread.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

October 22nd 2020, 2:45 am
LadyKulvax wrote:Please do not debate in my thread, this absolutely isn't the place.

If you think Exar Kun's telepathy 'pales' in comparison you clearly didn't read the thread.
My apologies.

Please request other members to not bring up Tenebrae/other characters in this thread as well. You cannot tell me to ignore these posts while grant others the privilege to do so in your thread - not cool.

I have read your blog and continue to recheck it from time-to-time. It is good work and compilation of sources for me to draw from [should I ever need it].

Peace out.
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 22nd 2020, 2:51 am
S_W_LeGenD wrote:
LadyKulvax wrote:Please do not debate in my thread, this absolutely isn't the place.

My apologies.

Please request other members to not bring up Tenebrae/other characters in this thread as well. You cannot tell me to ignore these posts while grant others the privilege to do so in your thread - not cool.

I have read your blog and continue to recheck it from time-to-time. It is good work and compilation of sources for me to draw from [should I ever need it].

Peace out.

Pipe down lad haha, talking about scaling and having a full on debate about off topic stuff are two different things
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

October 22nd 2020, 5:36 am
@LadyKulvax

Just a little point to improve your great work.

Your scan about the Ku'ar Danal ritual isn't complete. You haven't put the end of it even though you give us the traduction:

In red the end of the text on the scan. In black the part that isn't on the scan but that you translate.

This gave the illusion of a small, perfectly natural, moon. (However, anyone who has Astrogation at 4D will judge this configuration as impossible).

The experiment has also destroyed every indigenous life-form and destroyed the body of the sorcerer. His spirit, prisoner of the monolith, is now desperately awaiting a hypothetical visitor to escape.

Over time, nature has attempted to free itself from the dark-side by taking possession of the high atmosphere, therefore creating a sort of natural shell resembling earth and covered in dense jungle.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum