Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Malgus vs Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: Malgus vs Vader

April 24th 2019, 12:52 am
SithArchaeologist wrote:
In-sidiousvader wrote:
viewing someone as a threat in a clearly combative sense should be applicable to be completely honest.

Sure, unless it can be proven to be paranoia. RotJ Luke is a confirmed superior to Vader and we all know how casually Sidious dominated Luke.

So my knowledge they are equal, about six quotes override whatever quote says luke is superior. Also, you lack context, luke was fully raged out trying to take his fathers head off for most of the fight "Vader was clouded and distracted thinking about an alliance with his son" but I see your point. Though my counter should be just as fair. Considering the physical exertion that Luke put forth during his attack on Vader can we really consider that prime and unabated luke? He was tired as echoed by a few sources IIRC, and he was still able to hold up against Sidious even if only for a moment. Now, some may argue that the nature of Sidious' force lightning was not intended to kill luke which is true... but, again, this is a superior version of the guy who's lightning brought Maul (badass who can survive being cut in half) to his knees begging for mercy... The fact that Luke while arguably exhausted and confirmed by the comic to be distracted and bereft of his primary defense tool (IE his lightsaber)  was still able to parry Maul dropping lightning (at least) is indicative of tremendous power in the force and if anything bodes well for Vader in this contest.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 24th 2019, 6:35 am
After studying all Malgus-related material, I can confidently say he stands no chance here.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

April 24th 2019, 7:28 am
Then you didn't study well enough.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

April 24th 2019, 11:46 am
Vader wins, but Malgus doesn’t go down easily.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 24th 2019, 12:07 pm
@in-sidiousvader Vader doesn't have any form of parity with Marek and certainly doesn't scale to any of his feats. Please post what you think proves Vader's parity with Marek I can go over it.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 24th 2019, 12:47 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@in-sidiousvader Vader doesn't have any form of parity with Marek and certainly doesn't scale to any of his feats. Please post what you think proves Vader's parity with Marek I can go over it.

How are you able to disagree on this? "invisible fists clutched for throats", "where Vader was strong the apprentice was fast and sly"

They have some parity, based on the fact that "fists clutched for throats" indicating both of them could break out of TK holds, and that both of them were of a comparable power.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 24th 2019, 1:58 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@in-sidiousvader Vader doesn't have any form of parity with Marek and certainly doesn't scale to any of his feats. Please post what you think proves Vader's parity with Marek I can go over it.

How are you able to disagree on this? "invisible fists clutched for throats", "where Vader was strong the apprentice was fast and sly"

They have some parity, based on the fact that "fists clutched for throats" indicating both of them could break out of TK holds, and that both of them were of a comparable power.

Maybe because of Marek's mental state at the start of the fight? The fact that a hindered Marek was equal to Vader doesn't mean Vader can scale to any feats Marek achieved when using his max power. That's nonsense.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 24th 2019, 2:03 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:
In-sidiousvader wrote:

Maybe because of Marek's mental state at the start of the fight? The fact that a hindered Marek was equal to Vader doesn't mean Vader can scale to any feats Marek achieved when using his max power. That's nonsense.

The only way that Marek is hindered is that he is holding back. But an inferior Marek brought down an ISD dude. Vader gets scaling at least from the earlier iteration of Marek which is my point here lol
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 24th 2019, 2:35 pm
@in-sidiousvader

The only way that Marek is hindered is that he is holding back. But an inferior Marek brought down an ISD dude. Vader gets scaling at least from the earlier iteration of Marek which is my point here lol wrote:

Erm no that's not the only way Marek was hindered (plus Marek was outfighting Vader in that state). I wrote an entire post on the subject on CV and Ant's made arguments as well:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/starkiller-vs-dooku-1744368/?page=4

Also, no Vader doesn't get any scaling from Marek. The fact that Vader can get outfought by a holding back Starkiller doesn't put him anywhere close to any version of Marek given peak Galen stomped and ragdolled Vader.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 24th 2019, 2:44 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@in-sidiousvader

Erm no that's not the only way Marek was hindered (plus Marek was outfighting Vader in that state). I wrote an entire post on the subject on CV and Ant's made arguments as well:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/starkiller-vs-dooku-1744368/?page=4

Also, no Vader doesn't get any scaling from Marek. The fact that Vader can get outfought by a holding back Starkiller doesn't put him anywhere close to any version of Marek given peak Galen stomped and ragdolled Vader.

The wii game? I thought the QTE's were non canon, but by that logic Vader does the same so your point is moot...
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 24th 2019, 2:46 pm
@in-sidiousvader

I was referring to the novelization...
The Witness
The Witness

April 24th 2019, 4:16 pm
Is there any other proof that Starkiller was hindered drastically when he fought Vader in TFU 2 other than "he was exhausted"?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 24th 2019, 4:30 pm
DeadlyJedi wrote:Is there any other proof that Starkiller was hindered drastically when he fought Vader in TFU 2 other than "he was exhausted"?

Yes. Starkiller was noted to be more exhausted than he was when he'd spent 13 days without food and sleep surviving solely off the Force. At the end of the 13 days, Starkiller was near death with the novel noting that he stopped remembering or contemplating anything because there was no point in wasting energy on either. The game also supports him being drastically weakened as of his fight with Vader as the Wii version depicts him struggling to lift a small ship after the destruction of The Salvation when he's obviously performed far more taxing feats than lifting a small ship (for example he powered a canon which destroyed a simply colossal superstructure).
trayvon
trayvon

April 24th 2019, 5:46 pm
Lol, Padawan Anakin can fight for 41 days straight, Starkiller carked it after 13 days Malgus vs Vader - Page 2 1076326320
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 24th 2019, 6:06 pm
Kek.
The Witness
The Witness

April 24th 2019, 6:28 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:
DeadlyJedi wrote:Is there any other proof that Starkiller was hindered drastically when he fought Vader in TFU 2 other than "he was exhausted"?

Yes. Starkiller was noted to be more exhausted than he was when he'd spent 13 days without food and sleep surviving solely off the Force. At the end of the 13 days, Starkiller was near death with the novel noting that he stopped remembering or contemplating anything because there was no point in wasting energy on either. The game also supports him being drastically weakened as of his fight with Vader as the Wii version depicts him struggling to lift a small ship after the destruction of The Salvation when he's obviously performed far more taxing feats than lifting a small ship (for example he powered a canon which destroyed a simply colossal superstructure).

I played TFU 2 only once. From what I remember Starkiller was rage amped after Vader blasted Juno away. And when he was rage amped, he didn't "stomp" Vader at all.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 24th 2019, 9:15 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:Then you didn't study well enough.

You've been acting extremely disrespectfully and condescendingly toward virtually everyone here who has even a slight disagreement with you. I've received myriad complaints about it. Consider this your first warning.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

April 24th 2019, 11:48 pm
Vader.
AncientPower
AncientPower

April 25th 2019, 12:54 am
I haven't been doing anything of the sort. Yet the likes of Arkham have hounded me in almost every thread yet you're completely silent about that.
The Witness
The Witness

April 25th 2019, 7:37 am
LadyKulvax wrote:I haven't been doing anything of the sort. Yet the likes of Arkham have hounded me in almost every thread yet you're completely silent about that.

Ant called him out for doing that
AncientPower
AncientPower

April 25th 2019, 7:46 am
Which he did again, and again, regardless.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 25th 2019, 3:31 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:I haven't been doing anything of the sort. Yet the likes of Arkham have hounded me in almost every thread yet you're completely silent about that.

I've hardly been "hounding you". Besides a few troll posts, I've actually mostly had serious discussions during which I did not bash you and mostly remained respectful.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 25th 2019, 3:37 pm
@DeadlyJedi

I played TFU 2 only once. From what I remember Starkiller was rage amped after Vader blasted Juno away. And when he was rage amped, he didn't "stomp" Vader at all. wrote:

I mean Starkiller is only enraged for a single line in the novelization and I would hardly classify it as an "amp". I can't really be bothered parroting Ant's argument so go educate yourself:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=649895&pagenumber=7
The Witness
The Witness

April 25th 2019, 4:33 pm
What is it with this whole Starkiller was in a near death situation when he fought Vader? I'm pretty sure that was never stated or alluded to in the game/novel? @Darthant66
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 25th 2019, 6:31 pm
It is stated though.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum