Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blush Response
Blush Response
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 22nd 2019, 10:33 pm
Standard rules.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 22nd 2019, 10:43 pm
Team for sure
Blush Response
Blush Response
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 22nd 2019, 10:51 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:Team for sure

Reasons?
trayvon
trayvon

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 22nd 2019, 10:56 pm
Jinn clowns.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 22nd 2019, 11:33 pm
QuiGonDies wrote:
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:Team for sure

Reasons?
I don't think Anakin or Kit would solo, but they both would give Jinn a lot of difficulty by themselves. The combined strength of the 2 definitely win tho. Anakin by this time was giving Dooku a solid fight, and Fisto has several good wins like defeating Grievous, AotC Kenobi, and smacking 3 Magna Guards(1 was enough to give RotS Kenobi trouble)
Blush Response
Blush Response
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 22nd 2019, 11:53 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
QuiGonDies wrote:
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:Team for sure

Reasons?
I don't think Anakin or Kit would solo, but they both would give Jinn a lot of difficulty by themselves. The combined strength of the 2 definitely win tho. Anakin by this time was giving Dooku a solid fight, and Fisto has several good wins like defeating Grievous, AotC Kenobi, and smacking 3 Magna Guards(1 was enough to give RotS Kenobi trouble)

Anakin was rage amped when he was fighting Dooku.

Fisto being too fast for AotC Kenobi doesn't mean anything because Qui-Gon >> AotC Kenobi. Fisto only beats Grievous because context, in normal circumstances he'd get dominated.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 12:14 am
Anakin was rage amped when he was fighting Dooku.

Quote?
Blush Response
Blush Response
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 12:29 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Anakin was rage amped when he was fighting Dooku.

Quote?

Got three here for you, there's possibly more.

Enraged, the young Jedi had proved a powerful opponent, and Dooku suspected that he had grown only more powerful since Geonosis.

--Labyrinth of Evil

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Ant00110

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Ant00210
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 12:44 am
Probably Jinn, tbh. Hella close fight.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger
Moderator
Moderator

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 1:16 am
Meatpants wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Anakin was rage amped when he was fighting Dooku.

Quote?

Got three here for you, there's possibly more.

Enraged, the young Jedi had proved a powerful opponent, and Dooku suspected that he had grown only more powerful since Geonosis.

--Labyrinth of Evil

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Ant00110

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Ant00210

This actually explains the discrepancies. Good finds.
Blush Response
Blush Response
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 1:17 am
Credit goes to Jake for the finds.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 1:22 am
Jinn is already comparable to Fisto, while they duke it out in a good fight, Anakin "decides" to bring a pillar down on Jinn's head
O-Siri
O-Siri

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 4:33 am
Same as Qui-Gon vs Feemor + Xanatos. Two opponents he could stomp individually yet couldn't overcome their coordinated attack. Kit and Anakin should be able to do the same.

Anakin at the age of 15 was already directly compared to a Jinn near the end of his life and AotC Anakin is obviously more powerful since then. He isn't in Jinn's stomping range.



meatpants wrote:Fisto being too fast for AotC Kenobi doesn't mean anything because Qui-Gon >> AotC Kenobi."

Extremly debatable. I'm on the fence on Jinn vs AotC Kenobi overall, but the fact remains that Jinn was more or less stalemated by pre-TPM Kenobi while Kit held the upperhand or at least overall stalemated 1 year ABG Kenobi. I don't mean to mimic LOTL but if 17 year old Kenobi can push Jinn into a sweat then AotC Kenobi can do more than that.
Blush Response
Blush Response
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 5:00 am
Kilius wrote:Same as Qui-Gon vs Feemor + Xanatos. Two opponents he could stomp individually yet couldn't overcome their coordinated attack. Kit and Anakin should be able to do the same.

Anakin at the age of 15 was already directly compared to a Jinn near the end of his life and AotC Anakin is obviously more powerful since then. He isn't in Jinn's stomping range.



meatpants wrote:Fisto being too fast for AotC Kenobi doesn't mean anything because Qui-Gon >> AotC Kenobi."

Extremly debatable. I'm on the fence on Jinn vs AotC Kenobi overall, but the fact remains that Jinn was more or less stalemated by pre-TPM Kenobi while Kit held the upperhand or at least overall stalemated 1 year ABG Kenobi. I don't mean to mimic LOTL but if 17 year old Kenobi can push Jinn into a sweat then AotC Kenobi can do more than that.

Using a sparring match to prove that a Jedi Master who was more than powerful enough to sit on the council is incapable of dealing with more than one opponent at a time is laughable. One of the best swordsmen in the history of the Order, but can't handle the logistics of fighting two people at once? Please.

Coordinated attack? Look what happened in AotC with Anakin.

Anakin demonstrating a level of power that only Qui-Gon and the powerful masters were capable of does not mean Anakin can repeat at will, obviously. It was a one-off feat.

Again, using a sparring match to prove your points. Master and apprentice being tired after a spar does not indicate that they're extremely close. Especially since many years later in TPM, Kenobi lacks Qui-Gon's experience to be his equal (directly stated in the prima guide), and Kenobi did not gain Qui-Gon's 30-40 years Jedi master experience in the gap between TPM and AotC.

Not to mention that Dooku is surprised at how bad Kenobi's swordplay is, despite being talked up by Qui-Gon and Yoda, he "expects much more from Qui-Gon's former apprentice."

I want to see tangible feats.
avatar
LOTL

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 7:57 am
TPM Kenobi beats Qui Gon tbh

You have yet to respond MP. It's okay if you take your own sweet time, but at least inform if you don't want to do it.
Blush Response
Blush Response
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 10:06 am
Eh, out of the CaV's I've been involved in, only one got finished, and that's because it had a strict and quick time limit. I'd rather debate you here, informally.

In which case, you think TPM Kenobi > Qui-Gon, which is kek-worthy for a number of reasons, not to mention the scaling chains that would result. Like Fisto being exponentially faster than Maul lol.

Care to explain? Especially since its stated explicitly that TPM Kenobi is not yet Qui-Gon's equal as a swordsman.
O-Siri
O-Siri

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 10:22 am
Tbh I always saw Fisto as a near equal to RotS Kenobi by feats. Oh no not because of their similar showings against Grievous; Legends Grievous and Canon Grievous are for all intents and purposes completly diffrent characters, really wish we would stop compositing their showings and just treat them as seprate characters but I digress off-topic. His magnaguard feat, even if there was context(he had full mobility and they like Grievous would have been hindered by their magnetics, his form making it easier to deal with multiple oppponetes, and his particular application of Shii-Cho being unpredicable which is a fudimental weakness the guards can't overcome) is still insanely impressive given how easily he did it. I feel that we should ignore Gillard when it comes to Fisto as his best showings come from the EU unlike Anakin, Obi Wan, Dooku, Maul, Mace, Yoda, Sidious, and Jinn who's standings are largely determined by the movies where his word is far more reliable.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 10:51 am
Nah, I think the way Sheev handled Kit gives us a very clear idea of where he sits that is in line with Gillard's rankings.
avatar
LOTL

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 10:55 am
Meatpants wrote:Eh, out of the CaV's I've been involved in, only one got finished, and that's because it had a strict and quick time limit. I'd rather debate you here, informally.

In which case, you think TPM Kenobi > Qui-Gon, which is kek-worthy for a number of reasons, not to mention the scaling chains that would result. Like Fisto being exponentially faster than Maul lol.

Care to explain? Especially since its stated explicitly that TPM Kenobi is not yet Qui-Gon's equal as a swordsman.

Yeah, seems unlikely doesn't it?

Can't argue something like that over here. Have to do it in a CaV. Just respond to our KMC debate then I can unload the real thing in my response. That and you will end up arguing the same thing regardless of whether it is formal or not. Might as well do it properly
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 11:36 am
Team, good fight.
dark-sith123
dark-sith123

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 11:46 am
Qui-Gon cannot best two opponents of Kit and AotC Anakin's caliber. Were he to engage the two separately- two 1v1 duels- perhaps he would prevail, but not in a 2v1.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 11:56 am
Meatpants wrote:
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
QuiGonDies wrote:
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:Team for sure

Reasons?
I don't think Anakin or Kit would solo, but they both would give Jinn a lot of difficulty by themselves. The combined strength of the 2 definitely win tho. Anakin by this time was giving Dooku a solid fight, and Fisto has several good wins like defeating Grievous, AotC Kenobi, and smacking 3 Magna Guards(1 was enough to give RotS Kenobi trouble)

Anakin was rage amped when he was fighting Dooku.

Fisto being too fast for AotC Kenobi doesn't mean anything because Qui-Gon >> AotC Kenobi. Fisto only beats Grievous because context, in normal circumstances he'd get dominated.
Well if your saying that Fisto won because he was too fast for Kenobi then should he not be too fast for Jinn?(Since Kenobi is most likely faster then Jinn and since Jinn isn't very quick and agile in general)

What was the context on the fight with Grievous? Grievous was slightly injured? Cause if so, then I completely forgot until now, lol.

I should also note that Jinn's fighting style is not well suited for fighting multiple opponents. Look at his fights with Xanatos and the other Padawan for example. Qui Gon's lack of stamina, quickness, and mobility could also be a problem going against such fast and aggressive fighters like Fisto and Skywalker. He will probably be pressed the whole fight and either get overwhelmed or run out of stamina
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 11:58 am
@Blade_of_Dorin Grievous was still recovering from previous damage yeah, conventionally Fisto with assistance failed to overpower him.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 12:07 pm
Team.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

April 23rd 2019, 12:10 pm
DC77 wrote:@Blade_of_Dorin Grievous was still recovering from previous damage yeah, conventionally Fisto with assistance failed to overpower him.
Yeah that initially slipped my mind
Sponsored content

Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin Empty Re: Qui-Gon vs RotS Kit Fisto & AotC Anakin

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum