Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Galen and Vaylin vs Outlander and Revan - Page 2 Empty Re: Galen and Vaylin vs Outlander and Revan

July 31st 2019, 11:03 pm
Given the Rogue Shadow is shown to be engulfed by the explosion and Galen's intent was to save the love of his life and the fledgling rebellion, it would not have made sense for him to have released a blast of energy powerful enough to have overwhelmed the Rogue Shadow's shields meaning it's likely he scaled back the power of the blast or spread the energy he released over a wider area in order to keep from overwhelming its shields.

Or Marek concentrated the blast of power in his immediate vicinity (i.e. Palpatine), and the remnant energy was sufficient in killing a few stormtroopers.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Galen and Vaylin vs Outlander and Revan - Page 2 Empty Re: Galen and Vaylin vs Outlander and Revan

July 31st 2019, 11:04 pm
Galen and Vaylin vs Outlander and Revan - Page 2 1289255181
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

July 31st 2019, 11:05 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Given the Rogue Shadow is shown to be engulfed by the explosion and Galen's intent was to save the love of his life and the fledgling rebellion, it would not have made sense for him to have released a blast of energy powerful enough to have overwhelmed the Rogue Shadow's shields meaning it's likely he scaled back the power of the blast or spread the energy he released over a wider area in order to keep from overwhelming its shields.

Or Marek concentrated the blast of power in his immediate vicinity (i.e. Palpatine), and the remnant energy was sufficient in killing a few stormtroopers.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

July 31st 2019, 11:15 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:

I agree that this would be the logical move. But considering Galen is stated to actively lower his Force defenses prior to releasing the blast, an act that ultimately cost him his life, this indicates three likely possibilities to me that preclude such being the case: 

1. Galen was not thinking logically about the usage of the energy at his disposal in this moment. 

2. Galen did not have the time/ability to focus on multiple effective usages of his power simultaneously. 

3. Galen was diverting his entire focus towards preventing the Imperials from gunning down Juno and the Rebels. 

Any way you look at it, Galen's main focus isn't going to be the optimal expenditure of energy.

Last edited by Syndiciate on July 31st 2019, 11:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

July 31st 2019, 11:16 pm
Why couldn't he have been lowering his Force defenses so he could devote his full power into the explosion?
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

July 31st 2019, 11:29 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Why couldn't he have been lowering his Force defenses so he could devote his full power into the explosion?

Because, as I note in my thread, he wouldn't have wanted to risk the lives of Juno and the Rebels. 

If you're asking why he didn't send just enough energy towards the Rogue Shadow so that it wouldn't overwhelm its shields but so that it would kill the stormtroopers and then focus the rest of the energy in Sidious's direction I'd say it's unlikely for the simple fact that him lowering his Force defenses is indicative that he either didn't care or didn't have the ability to do more then focus solely on dealing with the Imperials who were an immediate threat to Juno. Otherwise, why not simply maintain his shields and release the blast simultaneously?

I.E. His inability/unwillingness to divert energy to more then two tasks is the same reason he likely wouldn't be modulating the blast's power against different opponents.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

July 31st 2019, 11:43 pm
Syndiciate wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:Why couldn't he have been lowering his Force defenses so he could devote his full power into the explosion?

Because, as I note in my thread, he did not want to risk the lives of Juno and the Rebels. 

If you're asking why he didn't send just enough energy towards the Rogue Shadow so that it wouldn't overwhelm its shields but so that it would kill the stormtroopers and then focus the rest of the energy in Sidious's direction I'd say it's unlikely for the simple fact that him lowering his Force defenses is indicative that he either didn't care or didn't have the ability to do more then focus solely on dealing with the Imperials who were an immediate threat to Juno. Otherwise, why not simply maintain his shields and release the blast simultaneously?

I.E. His inability/unwillingness to divert energy to more then two tasks is the same reason he likely wouldn't be modulating the blast's power again different opponents.

Or he lowered his defenses to maximize his offensive capabilities. Seriously the idea that oneness Marek used the majority of his power on a group of stormtroopers is ridiculous. Its the equivalent of nuking an ant. Just because he's worried about Juno doesn't mean he's suddenly unable to gauge how much power is needed to kill some stormtroopers.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

July 31st 2019, 11:47 pm
@Syndiciate

Because, as I note in my thread, he did not want to risk the lives of Juno and the Rebels. 

That wouldn't risk the lives of Juno and the Rebels if he concentrated his attack in his immediate vicinity.

I'd say it's unlikely for the simple fact that him lowering his Force defenses is indicative that he either didn't care or didn't have the ability to do more then focus solely on dealing with the Imperials who were an immediate threat to Juno.

Or because he lowered his Force defenses so he could devote his full power into the explosion. 

Notice that your logic is getting stuck in a loop. You defend your second point with your first point, but you defend your first point with your second point.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

July 31st 2019, 11:53 pm
As for my second point, note "Starkiller unleashed all the power of the Force within him" (TCSWE), reinforcing my idea he dropped his Force defenses so he could unleash all his power. Furthermore, that quote strikes against your idea that Starkiller restrained himself out of protection for Juno, so my take makes the most sense.

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on July 31st 2019, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

July 31st 2019, 11:54 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:@Syndiciate

That wouldn't risk the lives of Juno and the Rebels if he concentrated his attack in his immediate vicinity.

I'd say it's unlikely for the simple fact that him lowering his Force defenses is indicative that he either didn't care or didn't have the ability to do more then focus solely on dealing with the Imperials who were an immediate threat to Juno.

Or because he lowered his Force defenses so he could devote is full power into the explosion. 

Your logic is getting stuck in a loop. Your defend your second point with your first point, but you defend your first point with your second point.

If he could control the potency of the blast in different areas/directions, I'd agree. But him lowering his defenses in the first place makes that unlikely imo. 

Or is it that you're suggesting he COULD HAVE maintained his defenses but INSTEAD chose to control the potency of the blast in an effort to destroy Sidious and simply didn't have the power to do it? 

If that's the case, I'd say I find that unlikely for the simple reason that he'd already experienced Sidious's power firsthand prior to that and would've known if he had the power to overwhelm him or not. Not only that, but if Galen truly was far more powerful then he was prior to facing off against Sidious, then it would have been more logical to spend just enough energy towards neutralizing Vader and the stormtroopers as a threat and using the rest to shield himself against Sidious's continued assault.

Last edited by Syndiciate on July 31st 2019, 11:59 pm; edited 7 times in total
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

July 31st 2019, 11:55 pm
But him lowering his defenses in the first place makes that unlikely imo. 

OK, maybe, but why? And don't say it's because "he didn't have the ability to do more then focus solely on dealing with the Imperials who were an immediate threat to Juno," because that gets you stuck in that nasty circular-loop again.

Or is it that you're suggesting he COULD HAVE maintained his defenses but INSTEAD chose to control the potency of the blast in an effort to destroy Sidious and simply didn't have the power to do it?

Starkiller dropped his defenses so every iota of his power could be directed to destroying Palpatine and the stormtroopers, if that's what you're asking.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

August 1st 2019, 12:01 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:

OK, maybe, but why? And don't say it's because "he didn't have the ability to do more then focus solely on dealing with the Imperials who were an immediate threat to Juno," because that gets you stuck in that nasty circular-loop again.

Starkiller dropped his defenses so every iota of his power could be directed to destroying Palpatine and the stormtroopers, if that's what you're asking.

Because, lowering his defenses wouldn't make sense UNLESS he did it for one of the 3 reasons I listed in an earlier post: 

1. Galen was not thinking logically about the usage of the energy at his disposal in this moment. 

2. Galen did not have the time/ability to focus on multiple effective usages of his power simultaneously. 

3. Galen was diverting his entire focus towards preventing the Imperials from gunning down Juno and the Rebels. 
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 1st 2019, 12:02 am
If that's the case, I'd say I find that unlikely for the simple reason that he'd already experienced Sidious's power firsthand prior to that and would've known if he had the power to overwhelm him or not. 

Starkiller doesn't know what dumping "all the power of the Force within him" onto Palpatine would do, nor the full depths of Palpatine's power.

Not only that, but if Galen truly was far more powerful then he was prior to him facing off against Sidious, then it would have been more logical to spend just enough energy towards neutralizing the stormtroopers and using the rest to shield himself against his own blast and Sidious's continued attack.

Why? It's not like he was going to beat Palpatine in that Force clash, and Vader was closing in on him from behind. He wasn't getting out of there alive. Rather than unnecessarily prolonging the fight, it makes more sense to unleash his full potency -- since that, at least, has a chance of killing Palpatine.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 1st 2019, 12:03 am
Syndiciate wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:

Because, lowering his defenses wouldn't make sense UNLESS he did it for one of the 3 reasons I listed in an earlier post: 

Or, 4. Galen dropped his defenses so he could put his full power into the explosion, ergo "unleashed all of the power of the Force in him."
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

August 1st 2019, 12:05 am
KingofBlades wrote:
Syndiciate wrote:

I.E. His inability/unwillingness to divert energy to more then two tasks is the same reason he likely wouldn't be modulating the blast's power again different opponents.

Or he lowered his defenses to maximize his offensive capabilities. Seriously the idea that oneness Marek used the majority of his power on a group of stormtroopers is ridiculous. Its the equivalent of nuking an ant. Just because he's worried about Juno doesn't mean he's suddenly unable to gauge how much power is needed to kill some stormtroopers.

Why lower his defenses at all though if he's got energy to spare? It simply makes him a glass cannon that Sidious would now be able to overcome with his lightning.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 1st 2019, 12:06 am
I find myself agreeing with Ant's POV here, it seems a lot more credible based off the evidence we have available to us.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 1st 2019, 12:07 am
Why lower his defenses at all though if he's got energy to spare? It simply makes him a glass cannon that Sidious would now be able to overcome with his lightning.

He's lowering his defenses and directing that energy into the kamikaze attack. He's not worried about being a glass cannon because he's about to kill himself anyway.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

August 1st 2019, 12:10 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:
If that's the case, I'd say I find that unlikely for the simple reason that he'd already experienced Sidious's power firsthand prior to that and would've known if he had the power to overwhelm him or not. 

Starkiller doesn't know what dumping "all the power of the Force within him" onto Palpatine would do, nor the full depths of Palpatine's power.

Not only that, but if Galen truly was far more powerful then he was prior to him facing off against Sidious, then it would have been more logical to spend just enough energy towards neutralizing the stormtroopers and using the rest to shield himself against his own blast and Sidious's continued attack.

Why? It's not like he was going to beat Palpatine in that Force clash, and Vader was closing in on him from behind. He wasn't getting out of there alive. Rather than unnecessarily prolonging the fight, it makes more sense to unleash his full potency -- since that, at least, has a chance of killing Palpatine.

Considering he was being hit by the same energy that was piercing Sidious's Force defenses ( Force lightning powered by both his own and Sidious's desperation ) he should be intimately familiar with the level of power needed to overwhelm his defenses. 

Because lowering his Force defenses would allow Sidious's Force lightning or his own blast to kill him instantly. If he's capable of multi-tasking like you're suggesting and was infinitely more powerful then he was when he was already surviving Sidious's desperation fueled attacks, why not maintain the shields, kill Vader and the stormtroopers, and then refocus on attacking Sidious after he'd dealt with the threat to Juno and the Rebels?
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

August 1st 2019, 12:12 am
Syndiciate wrote:
KingofBlades wrote:
Syndiciate wrote:

Who says he has energy to spare? You're assuming that I believe oneness Marek is much more powerful than Sidious. I don't. Marek probably thought it was necessary to use all his power offensively in a last ditch attempt to kill Sidious. The right move but it wasn't enough.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

August 1st 2019, 12:15 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:

He's lowering his defenses and directing that energy into the kamikaze attack. He's not worried about being a glass cannon because he's about to kill himself anyway.

But if he has infinitely more powerful available to him then when he was defending himself against Sidious's desperation fueled attacks, why would he kill himself in an all out attack rather then simply use the same portion of power he was using in his base state to shield himself and the rest of the power he gained from Oneness to destroy Vader and the stormtroopers?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

August 1st 2019, 12:17 am
Gaylen solos
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

August 1st 2019, 12:19 am
KingofBlades wrote:
Syndiciate wrote:
KingofBlades wrote:
Syndiciate wrote:

Who says he has energy to spare? You're assuming that I believe oneness Marek is much more powerful than Sidious. I don't. Marek probably thought it was necessary to use all his power offensively in a last ditch attempt to kill Sidious. The right move but it wasn't enough.

He logically has the energy to spare because Galen in a Oneness state is described to be exponentially more powerful than he is at a baseline level meaning he has more then enough power to maintain a shield of the same strength he had before and send the remaining energy towards Vader and the Imperials.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

August 1st 2019, 12:25 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:As for my second point, note "Starkiller unleashed all the power of the Force within him" (TCSWE), reinforcing my idea he dropped his Force defenses so he could unleash all his power. Furthermore, that quote strikes against your idea that Starkiller restrained himself out of protection for Juno, so my take makes the most sense.

I'm not saying he didn't unleash all his power. I'm arguing against the idea that he focused the potency of the blast's power more heavily in certain areas when he didn't bother to keep up his own defenses. That just wouldn't make any sense. 

DarthAnt66 wrote:
Syndiciate wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:

OK, maybe, but why? And don't say it's because "he didn't have the ability to do more then focus solely on dealing with the Imperials who were an immediate threat to Juno," because that gets you stuck in that nasty circular-loop again.

Or, 4. Galen dropped his defenses so he could put his full power into the explosion, ergo "unleashed all of the power of the Force in him."

What you just said doesn't preclude the 3 previous options I laid out...

Last edited by Syndiciate on August 1st 2019, 12:31 am; edited 3 times in total
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

August 1st 2019, 12:27 am
@Syndiciate
Seriously I think you're making this overly complicated. Marek is obviously going to divert most of his power towards Sidious because he requires much more power to deal with. Your theory that Marek is going to do something ridiculous like devote most of his energy into killing stormtroopers is...illogical
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 1st 2019, 12:34 am
@Syndiciate

Considering he was being hit by the same energy that was piercing Sidious's Force defenses ( Force lightning powered by both his own and Sidious's desperation ) he should be intimately familiar with the level of power needed to overwhelm his defenses. 

Not at all. 

Marek did as well as he did against Palpatine, in large part, because he physically grabbed onto him, meaning the power that Palpatine unleashed upon Marek channeled back onto Palpatine. Naturally, this would restrict Palpatine's ability to unleash his full potency, unless he wanted to kill himself. Moreover, it's not apparent that Palpatine needed to draw on his full power in the same way Marek did anyway -- after all, it's emphasized Marek was "no match" for Palpatine.

So, I don't see how Marek would somehow be "intimately familiar" with the uppermost limits of Palpatine's power. 

Because lowering his Force defenses would allow Sidious's Force lightning or his own blast to kill him instantly. 

Irrelevant, because Marek killed himself as he dropped his Force defenses.

If he's capable of multi-tasking like you're suggesting and was infinitely more powerful then he was when he was already surviving Sidious's desperation fueled attacks, why not maintain the shields, kill Vader and the stormtroopers, and then refocus on attacking Sidious after he'd dealt with the threat to Juno and the Rebels?

But if he has infinitely more powerful available to him then when he was defending himself against Sidious's desperation fueled attacks, why would he kill himself in an all out attack rather then simply use the same portion of power he was using in his base state to shield himself and the rest of the power he gained from Oneness to destroy Vader and the stormtroopers?

Marek's "infinitely more powerful" because he drew on "all of the power of the Force within him" to do a kamikaze attack -- a move that, by its very nature, would kill him. Marek cannot simultaneously be "infinitely more powerful" without dying -- they are intrinsically linked.

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on August 1st 2019, 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum