Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Two
Level Two

User Help & Suggestions Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: User Help & Suggestions Thread

on January 26th 2020, 6:28 am
will do, oh great voice.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

User Help & Suggestions Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: User Help & Suggestions Thread

on February 15th 2020, 7:24 pm
How do I join factions?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

on February 15th 2020, 7:26 pm
To join the "dark side" or "light side" factions, go to Usergroups -> "Which group would you like to join?" -> then select a faction.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

on February 15th 2020, 7:33 pm
User Help & Suggestions Thread - Page 3 1289255181
Seturna
Seturna

on February 16th 2020, 9:19 pm
How do i send images on phone?
Fated Xtasy
Fated Xtasy

on February 25th 2020, 5:53 am
ELDER GODS, I, FATED XTASY, HAVE COME TO PETITION YOU, OH ELDER ONES, TO CREATE A FANFICTION SECTION. OH ELDER GODS, I, YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT, BESEECH THEE, TO GRANT MY PETITION, SO WE MAY FIND GLORY, PROSPERITY. (and expand our base as creative minds will flock to us as we have an audience that would like to view such content.) AND FAME. ELDER GODS...I humbly await your response.

Spoiler:
I would also volunteer as moderator of that section.  User Help & Suggestions Thread - Page 3 4037459623
Heathen
Heathen

on February 26th 2020, 6:36 am
I am no longer Level One.  There is nothing under my name now.  Is this because of the change?

What is a VIP member?

Last edited by Heathen on February 26th 2020, 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Heathen
Heathen

on February 26th 2020, 6:41 am
What are the "Ability Statistics Program" and the "Character Statistics Program", and how do we use them?   I clicked on them and previewed what they look like, but it didn't help much.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

on February 26th 2020, 12:23 pm
@Heathen wrote:I am no longer Level One.  There is nothing under my name now.  Is this because of the change?

What is a VIP member?
 Levels are now (since September) achieved through stars. Read the related thread for further information.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger
Moderator | Champion of the Light

on February 26th 2020, 1:11 pm
@Heathen wrote:What are the "Ability Statistics Program" and the "Character Statistics Program", and how do we use them?   I clicked on them and previewed what they look like, but it didn't help much.

https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t2071-ability-character-statistics-programs-v1-0

Level Five
Level Five

on March 1st 2020, 9:20 pm
@suspect shinsplints I have 300 good boy points where the fuck is my sig
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

on March 2nd 2020, 1:48 am
@DarthAnt66 You gave me a sig a while back, I want it reinstalled.
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

on March 2nd 2020, 9:15 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:@DarthAnt66 You gave me a sig a while back, I want it reinstalled.
Please*
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

on March 7th 2020, 12:59 pm
Just a suggestion... maybe impose a limit on making threads? Between 1-3 a day?

What I'm seeing is that debates are starting in certain threads, but in a matter of hours and certainly days, these debates are buried underneath several new threads. These new threads are just different configurations of the same characters and yield absolutely zero novel discussion value. It's a repetitive cycle of the same users laying out their basic opinions and cases, maybe one or two exchanges between these users, someone mentions that they will return to their debate after finishing their busy schedule of homework/drinking diluted orange juice, and then within a day the thread is buried and forgotten about.

From what I gather, the reason these threads are being spammed is because the OPs enjoy seeing the novelty value of seeing how certain users will react to certain characters being put into a new configuration. If Krayt is being discussed a lot in a thread, we will have 5 new Krayt threads within a day. The same with Revan, then Kun, then Starkiller.

But I thought the point of debating was to challenge one's perspective and to seek a resolution? Not continuously reconfigure the same characters into slightly different matchups just to see what X or Y's hot take will be this time? There's very little actual debate happening.

I would be very inclined towards a 1 thread per day limit, as it would hopefully force people to make use of the threads already created and seek to resolve their current debate. Moreover, I would also suggest that you delete inactive threads - maybe impose a limit of say, a week, for a thread to produce a novel debate, and if it has failed to do that, it gets deleted. Obviously if it has some kind of novelty or value from even one person making an argument/posting some evidence, keep it alive, but if it's just the same users giving their unchanged and unchallenged opinions for the 18th time that day then I see no reason for the thread to continue existing.

Depends what you want to do with the forum of course.
NotAA3
NotAA3
Level Four
Level Four

on March 7th 2020, 1:14 pm
User Help & Suggestions Thread - Page 3 1289255181
Heathen
Heathen

on March 7th 2020, 9:50 pm
@MasterCilghal wrote:
@Heathen wrote:I am no longer Level One.  There is nothing under my name now.  Is this because of the change?

What is a VIP member?
 Levels are now (since September) achieved through stars. Read the related thread for further information.
Dude, I did read it, which is why I asked "Is this because of the change?"

So the way I understand, stars are based on popularity, or how well a person writes, which sucks for me.  Or, I can achieve some type rank based on debates, which also sucks for me.  In other words, we are peons here unless we are neurotypical.  Trying to participate just to enjoy life the best we can is discouraged.  Do I understand this correctly?

And what is a VIP member?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

on March 7th 2020, 10:11 pm
@Heathen The star system is there to encourage more quality posts, but if one doesn't wish to partake in competitive debating, that's perfectly fine. Casual posting is not inherently discouraged.

A VIP member is a pompous title that should be removed, though.

on March 7th 2020, 10:14 pm
Azronger wrote:@Heathen The star system is there to encourage more quality posts, but if one doesn't wish to partake in competitive debating, that's perfectly fine. Casual posting is not inherently discouraged.

A VIP member is a pompous title that should be removed, though.

It seems to me that you understand levels/stars are a form of recognition of participation.  Am I understanding correctly?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

on March 7th 2020, 11:32 pm
Yes, the more you've contributed to the forum the higher level you become

Level Six
Level Six

on March 24th 2020, 8:27 pm
Curious if this is a bug or intentional, but sometimes starring a post doesn't work for me.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

on March 24th 2020, 9:31 pm
spam the star button until it works or refresh the page

on March 24th 2020, 10:19 pm
@BoD: Per the rules, members can only star two posts per days. Starring after that won’t save.
xolthol
xolthol
Champion of the Light
Champion of the Light

on April 16th 2020, 6:58 am
@DarthAnt66 Who have created this awesome artwork that is now used as this website banner ?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

on April 16th 2020, 7:06 am
@Bart. I really loved how it turned out. User Help & Suggestions Thread - Page 3 1289255181
LOTL

on April 23rd 2020, 10:20 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Why not have a competition where 2 people are for one character against an equal number of people for the opposition character?

Eg Az and Elm for Palpatine vs Skillz and Ant for Valkorion. Might give the more controversial topics a better twist than the single person representation mainly because of the amount of ideas that can come from that
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum