Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Witness
The Witness

What's so special about Darthant66?? Empty What's so special about Darthant66??

Fri 19 Jul - 16:41
I keep hearing the same "Ant debunked this" or " Ant convinced me that x would beat y in a duel". No offense to the guy, I'm sure he's alright. But can people have a mind of their own without following whatever he say's?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

What's so special about Darthant66?? Empty Re: What's so special about Darthant66??

Fri 19 Jul - 16:50
What's so special about Darthant66?? ESC_large_ISS022_ISS022-E-11387-edit_01

[hideedit]

Last edited by Suspect Insight on Fri 2 Aug - 5:41; edited 2 times in total
Meatpants
Meatpants
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

What's so special about Darthant66?? Empty Re: What's so special about Darthant66??

Fri 19 Jul - 16:54
P A R R OT
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Fri 19 Jul - 16:56
He lost to Azronger in a Vader vs Revan debate and thinks Valk is DE Sids tier even though he’s factually below Plagueis

He also makes classic BF2 mod videos and 90% of them are clickbait like the one where Savage Opress is on the thumbnail but isn’t in the video What's so special about Darthant66?? 1220391476
AA3
AA3
Level Seven
Level Seven

Fri 19 Jul - 17:05
Ant please debunk this thread.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Fri 19 Jul - 17:07
BaratoBhajji wrote:He lost to Azronger in a Vader vs Revan debate and thinks Valk is DE Sids tier even though he’s factually below Plagueis

He also makes classic BF2 mod videos and 90% of them are clickbait like the one where Savage Opress is on the thumbnail but isn’t in the video What's so special about Darthant66?? 1220391476

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-yRjInx-U&t=3m12s

debunked
Reynard (Ethanion)
Reynard (Ethanion)

Fri 19 Jul - 17:10
I’ve noticed this as well, particularly from the younglings and some newcomers. Ant has done very well on the forums, but thinking somebody can never be wrong is a flawed view. Look at Sheev and Valk, they ultimately lost, did they not? Additionally I’d think that he’d rather have his debunks throughly examined to make them all the more convincing. That’s just my take though.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Fri 19 Jul - 17:14
What's so special about Darthant66?? 1289255181

Especially considering I've radically changed most of my opinions from just 12 months ago, definitely don't use anything I've said as the definitive take.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Fri 19 Jul - 17:29
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I’d stop before Ant debunks your existence.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Fri 19 Jul - 17:49
Yeh like that one time when one user said Dooku>TPM Mace because Ant convinced him. Then Ant replied saying that he doesn't hold that opinion anymore lol
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Fri 19 Jul - 17:56
@DarthAnt66 wrote:
BaratoBhajji wrote:He lost to Azronger in a Vader vs Revan debate and thinks Valk is DE Sids tier even though he’s factually below Plagueis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-yRjInx-U&t=3m12s

debunked
That "Savage Opress" has Count Dooku's voice lmao
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Fri 19 Jul - 17:57
I made it when I was 12. What's so special about Darthant66?? 4183286560
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Fri 19 Jul - 18:05
Haha fair enough. Did a decent job on the clone models though. Its funny when they scream "COUNT DOOKU!" when they see Savage on the battlefield
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

Sun 21 Jul - 1:29
@Blade_of_Dorin wrote:I’d stop before Ant debunks your existence.
Bart
Bart

Sun 21 Jul - 3:34
I'll actually give a serious answer, because why not?

Ant is easily one of the most esteemed debaters. I've been on SW forums since early 2014, and Ant was like a total kid back then, like 13 or 14? But he was still insanely great. Sure, he wasn't in the absolute highest of tiers back then imo, but he was easily and obviously in the top 10. It's been 5 years since then and Ant remains as dedicated to this hobby as before, maybe except not going into the largest of debates as usually as he did then - but he still participates in lots of the biggest and longest debates nonetheless.

Within these 5 years, very few really had Ant's dedication at all. You'll see most of the esteemed debaters - Gideon, Skillz, Nova, off the top of my head - were active for year, two, maybe three at best, and then their activity and skills were delegated mostly to random chats on Discord, GH, and similar websites. Nearly all of the most known greats weren't active for more than 3 years, with 5 years of activity being reached only by the most dedicated. Mind you, most people from 2013 are still around today - me, ILS, Nova, Skillz, Sas, Gideon, etc. but for most of that time, we've essentially rested our asses, lol. Ant didn't, and remains in the top of dedication while generations of people come and go.

And through these 5 years, he went through insane development and right now remains at the absolute top for me. He's the only consistent rival of ILS I know, and only him and ILS are the people I would call consistently of a higher tier than Silver, Ellimist, Gideon and more controversial figures like Azronger and Skillz.

Ant has also really shaped how many people view TOR-related eras. Back then, before 2014, top-tiers of that era like Revan etc. were considered around the level of Asajj Ventress or Plo Koon. Malgus was deemed losing 10/10 to Adi Gallia and whatnot. Ant was the main figure behind the TOR brigade, which severely lacked in quality. Nearly nobody other than Ant stood for TOR-era as much as he did, with such a level of quality. How we view this entire huge era nowadays is mostly thanks to Ant and his years of commitment and skill. If it wasn't for that, we would probably still have Revan as Maul's inferior, and Malak going down before Tholme in seconds. There were other people standing for TOR, but they didn't have 1% of Ant's success in changing the views of others.

So, really, Ant deserves his reputation. He may be the greatest figure now; I would say ILS is a notch above in skill all in all, but he has nowhere near Ant's dedication and renown, and I would call ILS Ant's only consistent, constant rival in debating ability. So all in all, Ant being taken as #1 figure is completely warranted and justified. Nobody can question he's in top 5 in debating ability, even if you say it's hard to judge with precision and that the general "tiers" are rather wide. From 2014 to 2019, he's been the most active, and in each individual year, he remains in top of the "showoff" section. There are moments that belong to Ellimist, months of ILS's domination, years of Azronger's insane activity, but Ant is never outside of the top 5. I doubt you can find anybody with Ant's 5-year-timespan portfolio, imo.
Valkorion
Valkorion

Wed 18 Sep - 9:35
i will add to @Bart 's post, though as expected his is brilliant beyond compare
Ant may be the greatest prodigy of SW debating history. Even as like a 13 or 14 year old, he was better than many medium-high tier debaters today, which is insane. Only nova was of similar prodigy status, and ant imho surpassed him over time. Someone like darthskywalker0 may have that level of prodigy just in terms of analytical skill but not the whole package, at least not in actualized ability.
He has not leveled off. When ant enters a debate, he is almost always the greatest threat to the opposition, he will come in and say some things and the other side now is debunked, has nothing to say, he destroys with either short witticisms or long posts, but you will almost always read and go "oh wow, that is potent". His posts have huge power to sway positions because he is so great at debunking arguments with top tier destruction. He is likely sas tier, maybe even higher, in this area by 2019 imho.
Every few weeks you can count on Ant to come up with amazing top-tier new idea that creates a new insane scaling chain or interpretation of feat that nobody had thought of before. He can do this partly from unmatchable amount of knowledge and dedication, but also in his ability to see patterns and connect dots. IMHO he's surpassed even ils in this.
Ant understands ideas and arguments super fast, there is usually little need to repeat yourself or deal with replies with zero relevance, he is top-tier smart. He has improved much over time in having fewer cringe-tier arguments which he used to have somewhat often and would bring his position down, but now that is very uncommon of him.
Ant also has insane forum political skill, manipulating and currying favor among people, which he has already had but now he is friendly and no longer as unstable and prone to rage hate moments which makes him more top tier, with good humor skills.
In pure skill, only Bart is obviously above him, because Bart is on a higher tier beyond tiers. The Ellimist in talent is better in some ways like math and pure logical reasoning, maybe DarthSkywalker0 is too, and in very abstract or technical arguments, though that for both may be somewhat due to focus and personality, but are not as dedicated or knowledgable about the setting and darthskywalker0 lacks polish. ILS can approach Ant in creativity and skill but he has lower success rate in his ideas and loses more debates. Gideon has better rhetoric than Ant in most ways but does not have same top-tier arguments and ideas. In 2016 i would say bart (duh), ils, gideon, and sas were above ant, now only bart and ellimist are maybe better in hypothetical matchup with full effort and equal knowledge, but with effort and knowledge factored in ant is the greatest debater.
Valkorion
Valkorion

Wed 18 Sep - 9:36
typo correction, "maybe better in hypothetical matchup" means the ellimist, of course bart would ragdoll oneshot ant lmao
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

Wed 18 Sep - 10:06
Ant has always (in recent memory) been good to amazing at:

• Debunking arguments
  • Coming up with clever ideas
  • Doing thorough research
  • Making jokes
  • Influencing forum politics

Ant used to be bad at, but is now good with:

• Anger management / friendliness (a huge 180 - he's one of the nicest people now)
  • Recognizing when an idea of his is absurd/cringe

I think nowadays his only real "flaw" is that he still sometimes uses hyper-literal, ad hoc straw grasping to support a conclusion he wants, but that may partially just be a side effect of coming up with so many ideas and being really invested; he doesn't necessarily do it proportionally more than others. 

If you were arguing for a position and needed a single debater to be your ally, a good case could be made that you would want Ant.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

Wed 18 Sep - 10:19
ant’s cute What's so special about Darthant66?? 1289255181
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Wed 18 Sep - 12:51
Ant’s knowledge is what impresses me the most about him.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Wed 18 Sep - 15:31
@King Joker wrote:ant’s cute What's so special about Darthant66?? 1289255181
this
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Wed 18 Sep - 15:45
@King Joker wrote:ant’s cute What's so special about Darthant66?? 1289255181
^ All you need to know, really.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Wed 18 Sep - 16:35
He also knows a lot, but it’s mainly the cute bit.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Wed 18 Sep - 20:25
Probably the most knowledgeable about Star Wars
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

Tue 24 Sep - 22:47
I have nothing but love for Ant, man.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum