Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Two
Level Two

MCU tiers  Empty MCU tiers

February 20th 2021, 4:28 pm
Yeah, this is kind of a steal from whoever made that Tiers thread, so thanks for that. I wanted to make this though, since SI is a place where debating is pretty high level, compared to other sites, meaning that I can expect good results and arguments from people. All characters show in the MCU are allowed, and all power ups, weapons, tools, and forms are to be considered. If you think a character is too vague in power, reliant on certain circumstances, or too much of a glass canon, you dont have to include him/her/it. What I do wanna see is the settlement of Wanda vs Captain Marvel vs Prime Thor vs Thanos vs Hela vs Strange. Seems like it might the most interesting part. And last word, sorry if this has been done before.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

MCU tiers  Empty Re: MCU tiers

February 20th 2021, 4:39 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Wakandavision
King Glo
King Glo

February 20th 2021, 5:01 pm
Prime Thor vs Thanos already happened, the Russo's confirmed Fat Thor > IW Thor
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 20th 2021, 9:07 pm
@King Glo wrote:Prime Thor vs Thanos already happened, the Russo's confirmed Fat Thor > IW Thor

No they didn't. They confirmed that he was emotionally healthier and therefore emotionally stronger, not physically.

S tiers: Odin, Ego, Surtur, Thanos w/ infinity gauntlet, IM w/ infinity gauntlet.

A tiers: Thanos, IW Thor, CM, Hela, POed Wanda.

B tiers: Malekith w/ reality stone, Fat Thor/other iterations of Thor, Worthy Cap, Iron Man, Vision.

Not bothered about the rest.
King Glo
King Glo

February 21st 2021, 12:56 am
Was Thor weaker in Endgame's final fight than in the end of Infinity War or did noticing he was still worthy return him to normal?

Russo Brothers .

Anthony: The difficult road that Thor's traveled ultimately gave him strength. He was stronger than ever by the end of Endgame.

It's talking about power in general, I don't see a reason for Fat Thor to be weaker anyways. The Russos and the Screen writer already confirmed Stormbreaker only broke through the Gauntlet because it has the ability to counter the stones because rhe dwarf made both. He also gets mjolnir so like yeah
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 21st 2021, 5:59 am
not necessarily in order

S Tier:

Dormammu, Ego, GOTG2 Quill

A Tier:

Ancient One, Odin, Hela, Surtur

in between: Wanda

B Tier:

Kurse, IW Thor

C Tier:

Captain Marvel, Thanos

D Tier:

Abomination, Giant Man, Hulk, Strange, Ultron, Vision,

E Tier:

Cull, Groot, Heimdall, Kaecilius, Loki, Maw, Tony, Valkyrie

F Tier:

Drax, Gamora, Killian, Korg, Nebula, Ronan, Spiderman, Warriors Three

G Tier:

Bucky, Killmonger, Pietro, Rogers, T'Challa, War Machine, Yellow Jacket

in between: Mysterio, Iron Monger, Whiplash

H Tier:

Clint, Falcon, Natasha, Okoye, Rocket, Vulture

Last edited by HellfireUnit on February 22nd 2021, 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 21st 2021, 10:09 am
@King Glo wrote:Was Thor weaker in Endgame's final fight than in the end of Infinity War or did noticing he was still worthy return him to normal?

Russo Brothers .

Anthony: The difficult road that Thor's traveled ultimately gave him strength. He was stronger than ever by the end of Endgame.

It's talking about power in general, I don't see a reason for Fat Thor to be weaker anyways. The Russos and the Screen writer already confirmed Stormbreaker only broke through the Gauntlet because it has the ability to counter the stones because rhe dwarf made both. He also gets mjolnir so like yeah

It's quite clearly referring to his emotional state, hence why it's referring to his mindset upon realising he's worthy. Thor ends the film free of the things that have been weighing him down, making him a stronger person. That's why it talks about the "difficult road", which is consistent with other statements they've made about Thor's sacrifices:

AR: Again, everything we do is grounded in story and character. If you look at the journey that Thor’s had, he’s had perhaps the most tragic arc of any of the Avengers. It’s truly Shakespearean: His mother died, his father died, his whole planet was destroyed at the end of “Ragnarok.” “Infinity War” opens with Thanos killing his brother and Heimdall and half of his existing people. He goes on a quest to avenge them and kill Thanos and he fails. You couldn’t drive that character any lower. And so where do you go from that moment? What is the road forward from all that pain and suffering?

A lot of times the road forward can be through humor and comedy, and that’s the road we decided to take with him. He did what he needed to do in order to protect himself from the pain and to tolerate his existence. And he did preserve himself long enough to find a road back from that. I think it was really the only real way forward for that character, considering how difficult his road has been up to that moment.
King Glo
King Glo

February 21st 2021, 10:40 am
Sure, his emotional state is at his best. Making his magic stronger than ever, and him getting fat won't make him weaker or slower. MCU tiers  Img_2012

Asgardians just built different. Not too mention Odin was also fat yet still much stronger than Thor
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 21st 2021, 10:57 am
@King Glo wrote:Sure, his emotional state is at his best. Making his magic stronger than ever, and him getting fat won't make him weaker or slower. MCU tiers  Img_2012

Asgardians just built different. Not too mention Odin was also fat yet still much stronger than Thor

1) Odin's strength comes from the Odinforce. His base physical strength has never been indicated to be > Thor's. Likewise, Thor's strength isn't "magical", unless you can provide a source for him being able to amplify his strength (lightning amp doesn't count, since that's him combining his physical strength with a magical attack, not augmenting his actual strength).
2) Being fat does make him weaker and slower. Your scan doesn't contradict it and actually indicates that it is still a factor, emphasising that "despite" being fat, he's still fast.
King Glo
King Glo

February 21st 2021, 12:57 pm
Was the Odin Force ever described for the MCU? Cause I thought it only gave him some abilities. Not that it amped his strength and speed. I more so brought up magic so say that his lightning would be stronger. And I will hopefully get access to the Visual Dictionary tomorrow so I can look through Thor's shit there
And I doubt he's weaker. Especially since Thor was supposed to turn back to normal during Endgame according to Chris Hemsworth but he loved the Fat Suit so much that they kept Fat Thor

And that scan just kinda shows that Asgardians aren't affected by weight and size. They all have Superhuman strength and speed, and Volstagg still being agile and fast while being a complete fatass just supports that imo
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 21st 2021, 3:08 pm
Was the Odin Force ever described for the MCU? Cause I thought it only gave him some abilities. Not that it amped his strength and speed.

It's mentioned to be what powers things like the Destroyer, which could one-shot humans and stomp Frost Giants and Asgardians with physical blows.

I more so brought up magic so say that his lightning would be stronger.

I doubt his lightning would be stronger, but I don't think it's weaker since...you know, it's lightning.

And I doubt he's weaker. Especially since Thor was supposed to turn back to normal during Endgame according to Chris Hemsworth but he loved the Fat Suit so much that they kept Fat Thor

We've no idea what the final fight looked like with that in mind. For example, there's a cut scene of Thor knocking Thanos to his knees with the Stormbreaker-hit Mjolnir blow that one-shot IM in the final film. A lot of things were changed.

And that scan just kinda shows that Asgardians aren't affected by weight and size. They all have Superhuman strength and speed, and Volstagg still being agile and fast while being a complete fatass just supports that imo

The scan isn't making a comparison between him and other Asgardians. All it does is state that he's fast and strong, not that he's as fast and strong as he could be if he were in shape.
King Glo
King Glo

February 21st 2021, 3:31 pm
Ic, and Thor knocking Thanos to his knees is fine. We know Stormbreaker can very easily pierce Thanos, one good hit and that dude is ded. Not too mention that Iron Man in a weaker Suit could take multiple punches from Thanos, but gets knocked out from one combo by Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. His attack Potency with Stormbreaker still seems to be above Thanos. He just doesn't scale to Stormbreaker. And he's not as fast or skilled as Thanos either

And we know his Lightning definitely gets stronger throughout the movies, 10 strikes to destroy the bridge in the first Thor movie

In Ragnarok he only needs 1 lightning strike, and not too mention the biggest Lightning Strike ever against Hela which apparently knocked her out(that's what the script said at least) so his lightning definitely has different levels. And considering the question that was asked for the Russo's was if Thor was weaker in Endgame than in Infinity War. The Stronger than Ever thing clearly means that something had to have been stronger, either his Lightning or his physicals, or just both

The scan just suggests he's not affected by his size. And we can't just make definitive statements like "Thor is fat now, so he should be slower and weaker" he's an Asgardian, not a human. Volstagg is not affected by his size, so why would Thor be
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Two
Level Two

February 21st 2021, 3:57 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:not necessarily in order

S Tier:

Dormammu, Ego, GOTG2 Quill

A Tier:

Ancient One, Odin, Hela, Surtur (u dont have thanos with the stones here, and strange with the time stone? weird)

in between: Wanda

B Tier:

Kurse, IW Thor (kurse above CM, thanos, giant man, strange, ultron, and vision seems hella iffy lol)

C Tier:

Captain Marvel, Thanos (thought i wouldve seen hammer steve in here tbh)

D Tier:

Abomination, Giant Man, Hulk, Strange, Ultron, Vision,

E Tier:

Cull, Groot, Heimdall, Kaecilius, Loki, Maw, Tony, Valkyrie

F Tier:

Drax, Gamora, Killian, Korg, Nebula, Ronan, Spiderman, Warriors Three

E Tier:

Bucky, Killmonger, Pietro, Rogers, T'Challa, War Machine, Yellow Jacket

in between: Mysterio, Iron Monger, Whiplash

F Tier:

Clint, Falcon, Natasha, Okoye, Rocket, Vulture
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 22nd 2021, 2:53 am
Didn't feel like adding certain versions like Mjolnir Steve or Strange w Time Stone. Also don't see any reason for Kurse being below CM or Thanos. His feats are way better than Thanos. Doubt Thanos could even swat Mjolnir away or hold it back like recently released Hela did, especially given that he had to dodge strikes from Mjolnir and grap Steve's wrist to disarm the hammer during Endgame.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

February 22nd 2021, 6:43 am
Dormannu, IG Thanos

Ego, Surtur (Asgard)

Doctor Strange (time stone), IW Thor

Wanda, Odin, Hela, Ancient One

Thanos, Marvel

Iron Man, Hulk, Antman
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

February 22nd 2021, 8:22 am
MCU tiers  Mcu_ti10
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 23rd 2021, 12:59 am
How the hell Thanos is Surtur tier and even above Wanda when the latter was able to kill him in a 1v1 fair and square.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

February 23rd 2021, 4:03 am
@HellfireUnit wrote:How the hell Thanos is Surtur tier and even above Wanda when the latter was able to kill him in a 1v1 fair and square.

Wanda's victory of Thanos is more a product of matchup than anything. Thanos is extremely strong and durable but has no powers of his own. Once Wanda had him airborne in a grip he was done. If she tried that with people like Thor, Carol or even Tony they have multiple outs. There's also the fact that people like Thor and Carol have direct comparisons and higher outputs. In Carols case tanking dozens of the type of attacks that oneshot Wanda
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 23rd 2021, 4:17 am
Still can't see how he is Hela or Surtur tier.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

February 23rd 2021, 4:22 am
@HellfireUnit wrote:Still can't see how he is Hela or Surtur tier.
Why not? He defeated a more powerful Thor with far more ease than Hela did and could kill Strange even with the time stone. Surtur is above him but he is absolutely in that tier.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 23rd 2021, 4:29 am
Strange with Time Stone lost to Maw, Strange didn't use Time Stone against Thanos and hid it, Thor isn't prime against Thanos. Not to mention Thanos could raid Asgard with his legions against Hela and to capture Space Stone and yet he didn't.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

February 23rd 2021, 4:55 am
@HellfireUnit wrote:Strange with Time Stone lost to Maw, 

Due to Maw stopping his hand movements yes

Strange didn't use Time Stone against Thanos and hid it, 

The writers confirmed that even if they had removed the glove and used the stone and Strange portals Thanos would have still kill them. Hence the 14 million tries all failing. 

Thor isn't prime against Thanos. 

No.

MCU tiers  Teeb8cufocf31

Thor also takes a worse beating from a stronger Thanos than what put down the Hulk and came out better at the end, Hulk in terms of stats is above his previous incarnations.

So by feats and statements EG Thor is prime

Not to mention Thanos could raid Asgard with his legions against Hela and to capture Space Stone and yet he didn't.

Why would he risk that? Also Thanos knew nothing of Hela, but he knew Odin, who he knew he couldn't face. Wise considering Odin could keep Hela contained passively all the way up to her death. The most you could argue for Hela is her regen but it's ambiguous as to if she could survive decap
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Two
Level Two

February 23rd 2021, 10:15 am
if we dont account for gods and shit like that, and stones, i think that list would look like
Strange > endgame wanda > CM > endgame Thanos > endgame thor > hela ~ hammer cap for the high/top tiers
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

February 23rd 2021, 5:30 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
For all those saying EG thor > IW thor due to the directors saying he grew stronger, I'd argue this is directly contradicted by:

-Thor's far worse performance against a weaker Thanos
-Thor's far worse physical performance (compare his attacks in Ragnarok with EG)
-Thor not being able to use the bifrost
-Thor being stated to be "in no shape" to use the infinity gauntlet specifically due to his current shape
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Two
Level Two

February 23rd 2021, 6:01 pm
@Nute_Chethray wrote:For all those saying EG thor > IW thor due to the directors saying he grew stronger, I'd argue this is directly contradicted by:

-Thor's far worse performance against a weaker Thanos
-Thor's far worse physical performance (compare his attacks in Ragnarok with EG)
-Thor not being able to use the bifrost
-Thor being stated to be "in no shape" to use the infinity gauntlet specifically due to his current shape
i think it was stated that while thanos had less powers (due to stones), the 2012 thanos was just as dangerous since he like, more violent, was still fighting in front lines, had his usual tools, was being merciless, etc
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum