Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lelandp23
lelandp23

a message Empty a message

January 11th 2021, 7:16 am
hello everybody i just wnted to ask what i can do to get into debating thanks hope everyone is doing well
AA3
AA3
Level Seven
Level Seven

a message Empty Re: a message

January 11th 2021, 7:23 am
a message 39523600
lelandp23
lelandp23

January 11th 2021, 7:44 am
I_Like_Chee wrote:a message 39523600
?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 11th 2021, 8:02 am
@lelandp23 wrote:hello everybody i just  wnted to ask what i can do to get into debating thanks hope everyone is doing well

Hello dear sir, you can reply to ongoing topics.
lelandp23
lelandp23

January 11th 2021, 8:07 am
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@lelandp23 wrote:hello everybody i just  wnted to ask what i can do to get into debating thanks hope everyone is doing well

Hello dear sir, you can reply to ongoing topics.
thank you my man
AA3
AA3
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 11th 2021, 8:20 am
To give a more serious answer:

(1) Put a modicum of effort into your grammar, punctuation and spelling. At least try to use capital letters, full stops, commas, semi-colons, colons, brackets, dashes, etc - it'll make people far more inclined to read your posts.

(2) Read a good chunk of the source material to gain a fundamental understanding of the lore, and how fights work.

(3) Read a lot of debates involving the better members here - DarthAnt66, and Azronger are noteworthy - to get an idea of good SW debating arguments. If you need links to their best debates, create a thread and ask.

(4) Build up a document of knowledge on different characters. When you see new sources posted that you haven't seen before, add them to the Doc, and also do research yourself.

(5) Test your skills against other debaters by constantly engaging in debates. Don't just post a bunch of "X wins" comments (I'd know all about that) - challenge people's views rather than waiting for them to challenge yours.
lelandp23
lelandp23

January 11th 2021, 8:37 am
I_Like_Chee wrote:To give a more serious answer:

(1) Put a modicum of effort into your grammar, punctuation and spelling. At least try to use capital letters, full stops, commas, semi-colons, colons, brackets, dashes, etc - it'll make people far more inclined to read your posts.

(2) Read a good chunk of the source material to gain a fundamental understanding of the lore, and how fights work.

(3) Read a lot of debates involving the better members here - DarthAnt66, and Azronger are noteworthy - to get an idea of good SW debating arguments. If you need links to their best debates, create a thread and ask.

(4) Build up a document of knowledge on different characters. When you see new sources posted that you haven't seen before, add them to the Doc, and also do research yourself.

(5) Test your skills against other debaters by constantly engaging in debates. Don't just post a bunch of "X wins" comments (I'd know all about that) - challenge people's views rather than waiting for them to challenge yours.
thanks man i appreciate you
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 11th 2021, 9:32 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
You can start by not getting angry and asking for peoples addresses over a bit of light banter on a forum, and then having a cry and wanting to fight people cos you got offended its really pathetic.
KingKopecz
KingKopecz

January 11th 2021, 10:01 am
Don't speak to Mike Tyson like that
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 11th 2021, 10:04 am
@KingKopecz wrote:Don't speak to Mike Tyson like that

Yeh true he might beat my ass I should be afraid a message 815462187
Sponsored content