Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JDB96
JDB96

Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) Empty Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong)

September 6th 2020, 12:41 pm
Fight takes place on Mustafar

Starts 20 feet away
Primarch
Primarch

Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) Empty Re: Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong)

September 6th 2020, 2:21 pm
This version of Krayt is Muur level.
Malgus wins.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) Empty Re: Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong)

September 6th 2020, 8:02 pm
Krayt.
Shimrra
Shimrra

September 6th 2020, 11:01 pm
Krayt
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 7th 2020, 2:08 am
Sith Archivist wrote:This version of Krayt is Muur level.
Malgus wins.

No. Muur was stronger in Legacy than in the ancient times and had joined his powers with those of Celeste Morne. That's the enemy Krayt faced and performed well against while at death's door - not sure how you can connect that to Malgus.

Level One
Level One

September 7th 2020, 2:40 am
Define ”Vong Krayt”.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

September 7th 2020, 3:11 am
Legacy Era 1-36.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 7th 2020, 3:32 am
There's a 7-year timeskip in between issue 1 and the rest of the series. His power dips pretty radically during that.

September 7th 2020, 11:11 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Master Azronger wrote:
Sith Archivist wrote:This version of Krayt is Muur level.
Malgus wins.

No. Muur was stronger in Legacy than in the ancient times and had joined his powers with those of Celeste Morne. That's the enemy Krayt faced and performed well against while at death's door - not sure how you can connect that to Malgus.
Citation?
Also Celeste isn’t that powerful so Muur having her power isn’t too much of an upgrade.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 7th 2020, 11:33 pm

Suspect Hero | Level Four

September 12th 2020, 8:35 pm
Source for Muur getting more powerful that isn't a quote merely stating he got more dangerous?

Also, source that even remotely suggests that Muur's unsubstantiated growth makes up for:

1.2,000 years of breeding greater raw power scaling starting with the Exiles before you even get to someone like Ludo Kressh.
2.The fact that Vitiate as of SWTOR is laughably far more powerful than Ludo Kressh.
3.The Hero of Tython defeating Vitiate in the Dark Temple before years of growth that leads to his battles against Arcann and Vaylin who both scale from Ziost!Vitiate.
4.Darth Malgus giving the Outlander as of Onslaught, who is far more powerful than the aforementioned version  that fought Arcann and Vaylin, a good to great fight.

Prime Malgus stomps.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

September 12th 2020, 11:55 pm
Krayt wins, much more impressive feats overall that are easier to quantify. Meanwhile, Malgus defeats a Jedi Knight after a good fight (Aryn Leneer) even if it was before he received "massive growth".
AncientPower
AncientPower

September 13th 2020, 12:46 am
How is Malgus from the novel, not even the prime version of him within the novel's timeline, at all relevant to Outlander-tier Malgus?
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light

September 13th 2020, 1:19 am
LadyKulvax wrote:Outlander-tier Malgus

Just no lol.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

September 13th 2020, 1:41 am
“Anakin tier Barriss”
AncientPower
AncientPower

September 13th 2020, 4:00 am
Praxis wrote:
LadyKulvax wrote:Outlander-tier Malgus

Just no lol.

He's literally mocking him mid-fight for his ability to finish him, is simultaneously fighting off Lander's allies and has the time to summon illusions, besides a bunch of other things. Before he finally takes some form of lethal blow and still has the power to yeet Lander and pull down a ceiling afterwards.

In my opinion, if you put up a fight that damn good then you're clearly within their tier. Otherwise you're not and you get stomped.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 13th 2020, 4:51 am
Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) 39523600 Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) 39523600 Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) 39523600 Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) 39523600 Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) 39523600 Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) 39523600
Praxis
Praxis

September 13th 2020, 4:40 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:In my opinion, if you put up a fight that damn good then you're clearly within their tier. Otherwise you're not and you get stomped.

This may be the root of the issue here. If your definition of tier is this loose then I don't think you are necessarily wrong from your POV since there isn't any proof that the Outlander stomped Malgus, but I think the majority of people's definition of tier within the community isn't quite as liberal as yours. Is Barriss Anakin-tier like Grey pointed out above? Is Outlander Arcann-tier in their first fight? Is S5 Maul Sheev-tier? I would say no and I think most people would too. I don't think a fight not being extremely one-sided and ending in five seconds means two opponents are in the same tier and I think most people's methodologies follow similar reasoning. I'll still address the rest of your post though since I think it's a topic that still needs addressing.

---

LadyKulvax wrote:He's literally mocking him mid-fight for his ability to finish him, is simultaneously fighting off Lander's allies and has the time to summon illusions, besides a bunch of other things.

Or perhaps gameplay representations of fights are exaggerated...unless you also want to argue that Gnost-Dural is Outlander+ tier for giving a "good" fight to two "Outlander-tier" combatants even though in the Republic version of the story Malgus solos him anyways?

Outlander + Malgus vs. Gnost:
Gnost: Let's begin. We are all shaped by the choices of our past.
Malgus: Gnost-Dural is a master of mind tricks! Do not let yourself be deceived!
Malgus: These are illusions! Nothing more!
Gnost: The power of the dark side is a lie.
Gnost: Our story isn't over yet

The fight has Gnost engaging in a "protracted" duel against multiple opponents while conjuring illusions - sounds familiar doesn't it?

Outlander ~ Malgus > Gnost > Malgus ~ Outlander  Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) 1289255181

LadyKulvax wrote:Before he finally takes some form of lethal blow and still has the power to yeet Lander and pull down a ceiling afterwards.

Cheapshot that happened after he already lost and was monologuing.

---

Anyways, that being said:
Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) Image0

If you think Arcann is Outlander-tier then I'll gladly debate you on that.
AncientPower
AncientPower

September 13th 2020, 8:11 pm
1.The fight that Malgus puts up is much more indicative of a good battle than any of those examples. Those fights are all far more one-sided than this one.

2.The Gnost-Dural duel isn't the same. Malgus actively brags to the Outlander about his inability to defeat him during the fight. He quite literally says:

"None of you have the strength, the resolve, to defeat me."

"Your resistance is commendable but futile."

"Your end is near."

Malgus isn't just Dun Moching them either, when he does take the evident lightsaber wound he says:

"I should've known the stories were true. If anyone could destroy him, it was you."

Tol Braga after facing Malgus even suggests that it would take the Outlander, Tau and Arn together to defeat him:

"This is your fight, all three of you. Fight as one and you can defeat him."

It's not as if Tau isn't exceptional herself, as she's stated to have the most combat prowess in the Jedi Order:

Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) 360fx360f
Tau Idair Steam Trading Card wrote:A seasoned Jedi, Tau Idair has spent years engaged in front-line combat. Though unrivaled with a lightsaber, Tau yearns to serve as more than a purely wartime Jedi.

As much as Braga vs Malgus and Outlander is concerned, the idea of him putting up any fight is outright countered by Braga himself suggesting that his aid would only be a detriment to the team on Corellia:

"No, seeing me alive would only fuel his rage even further."

And given Restored Darth Malgus has accolades such as this:

Darth Malgus (Onslaugth) vs Darth Krayt (Vong) 360fx360f
Darth Malgus Steam Trading Card wrote:Aside from the Sith Emperor himself, Darth Malgus is easily the most renowned and feared Sith lord in the galaxy. His destruction of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant has become legendary, just one of many stunning victories won by the Empire's deadliest warrior.

Which puts him over > Wrath and Scourge; and potentially even Wrathlander if you want to take it that far, in deadliness as a warrior. I'm not seeing how it's exactly difficult that Malgus is well beyond Outlander's mid-diff range.

Nice Boyd quote though, not sure how strong prime Arcann is as of Corellia but we'll have to see.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum