Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a

on Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:02 am
@Latham2000 wrote:I don't see how the quote stating that Kirak being > any Jedi that Vader has faced prior to Kirak applies to Kenobi, considering that published material distinguishes Anakin and Vader as two different people, psychologically speaking, in that Anakin died whilst Vader was born the moment Padme died.

Because Kirak is the first opponent he fought after Mustafar?

Aside from that, Anakin held the title "Vader" officially after Windu's demise so technically it should apply to Shaak Ti, Cin Drallig, Kenobi, younglings and anyone who was present at the temple that he killed or fought.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a

on Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:06 am
@Latham2000 wrote:I don't see how the quote stating that Kirak being > any Jedi that Vader has faced prior to Kirak applies to Kenobi, considering that published material distinguishes Anakin and Vader as two different people, psychologically speaking, in that Anakin died whilst Vader was born the moment Padme died.


Theres also other material that says anakin became vader as early as pre Knightfall, and other sources that say vader didn't fully force "anakin" into a dormamt state until the end of rhe vader comic strip when he was unable to bring padme back. The line where vader and anakin become one person is so blurred the easiest route becomes when the movie distinguishes between anakin and vader through sidious, something he does in both ROTS, and even in Issue 1 of the vader comic
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a

on Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:30 am
@HellfireUnit wrote:Because Kirak is the first opponent he fought after Mustafar?
 
So Kirak is the most powerful Jedi Vader has ever fought post-Mustafar, but also just so happens to be the first Jedi that Vader has ever fought. Makes sense. And the notion that the quote applies to Kenobi presupposes that Vader was already born when he fought Kenobi on Mustafar, which is factually wrong and I'll explain that in the next point:

@HellfireUnit wrote:Aside from that, Anakin held the title "Vader" officially after  Windu's demise so technically it should apply to Shaak Ti, Cin Drallig, Kenobi, younglings and anyone who was present at the temple that he killed or fought.
 
Anakin was Vader in name only in that time frame. Published material tells is that Vader is more than just a meaningless name that just got stamped on Anakin's identity by Sheev - Vader is the Sith persona that Anakin psychologically adopted following the death of Padme because she was the only one who could bring out the light in Anakin, but when Padme died, the Anakin persona became dormant whilst the Vader persona arose as if he was a different person, primarily because Anakin lost the one thing that could bring him back from the dark. Anakin only comes back from the dark when Luke enters the picture, leading to Vader finding out that he has a son and gets redeemed by his son, which makes sense because Luke is family to Vader just like Padme was, Luke being Luke's son and Padme being Vader's spouse.

Rebels also sheds light on the duality of Anakin and Vader when Vader says "Anakin Skywalker was weak, I destroyed him" whilst speaking as Vader, using terminology that suggests that Vader considers Anakin to be a different person, which is nicely complimented with Star Wars Darth Vader: The Chosen One Part 1 saying: "When Anakin Skywalker fell, both to the pull of the Dark Side and to the blade of Obi-Wan Kenobi, he rose back up, more machine than man. Having lost everything that was once dear to him, the former Chosen One must take his first steps to a darker world... As Darth Vader," which also happens to treat Anakin and Vader like they were two different people. All of this goes to show that Vader suffers from a bad case of dissocative identity disorder.


Last edited by Latham2000 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a

on Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:31 am
@Jedi_Jesus wrote:
@Latham2000 wrote:I don't see how the quote stating that Kirak being > any Jedi that Vader has faced prior to Kirak applies to Kenobi, considering that published material distinguishes Anakin and Vader as two different people, psychologically speaking, in that Anakin died whilst Vader was born the moment Padme died.

Theres also other material that says anakin became vader as early as pre Knightfall, and other sources that say vader didn't fully force "anakin" into a dormamt state until the end of rhe vader comic strip when he was unable to bring padme back. The line where vader and anakin become one person is so blurred the easiest route becomes when the movie distinguishes between anakin and vader through sidious, something he does in both ROTS, and even in Issue 1 of the vader comic

I addressed in my reply to HFU:

@Latham2000 wrote:Anakin was Vader in name only in that time frame. Published material tells is that Vader is more than just a meaningless name that just got stamped on Anakin's identity by Sheev - Vader is the Sith persona that Anakin psychologically adopted following the death of Padme because she was the only one who could bring out the light in Anakin, but when Padme died, the Anakin persona became dormant whilst the Vader persona arose as if he was a different person, primarily because Anakin lost the one thing that could bring him back from the dark. Anakin only comes back from the dark when Luke enters the picture, leading to Vader finding out that he has a son and gets redeemed by his son, which makes sense because Luke is family to Vader just like Padme was, Luke being Luke's son and Padme being Vader's spouse.

Rebels also sheds light on the duality of Anakin and Vader when Vader says "Anakin Skywalker was weak, I destroyed him" whilst speaking as Vader, using terminology that suggests that Vader considers Anakin to be a different person, which is nicely complimented with Star Wars Darth Vader: The Chosen One Part 1 saying: "When Anakin Skywalker fell, both to the pull of the Dark Side and to the blade of Obi-Wan Kenobi, he rose back up, more machine than man. Having lost everything that was once dear to him, the former Chosen One must take his first steps to a darker world... As Darth Vader," which also happens to treats Anakin and Vader like they were two different people. All of this goes to show that Vader suffers from a bad case of dissocative identity disorder.
Caelus Pall
Caelus Pall

Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a

on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:56 am
@Jedi_Jesus Blurbs are subjective per Chee.

@Galan007 I know.
Sponsored content

Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Maul versus Kirak Infil'a

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum