Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

June 21st 2020, 6:19 pm
1) 30 year old Mace

2) TPM Mace

3) AotC Mace

4) Shatterpoint Mace

5) RotS peak Mace.

How far does he get?

HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

June 21st 2020, 6:56 pm
Clears and has to step down from Grand Master position due to hate crime
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

June 21st 2020, 8:40 pm
Clears, without much trouble until 5
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

June 21st 2020, 8:59 pm
ROTJ Yoda would lose to ROTJ Vader per Lucas.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

June 21st 2020, 9:50 pm
Yoda clears until 5
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 21st 2020, 10:09 pm
Stops at 4 or 5.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

June 21st 2020, 10:42 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:ROTJ Yoda would lose to ROTJ Vader per Lucas.

lol Really?
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

June 22nd 2020, 12:26 am
RotJ Yoda is literally Yoda on his death bed. "Sick have I become." Why does anyone think he could beat 1, much less clear? He can barely get out a full sentence when talking to Luke.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

June 22nd 2020, 12:31 am
Underachiever599 wrote:RotJ Yoda is literally Yoda on his death bed. "Sick have I become." Why does anyone think he could beat 1, much less clear? He can barely get out a full sentence when talking to Luke.

Not a bad point, but I always got the impression that Yoda was basically killing himself on purpose because he already had faith that the prophecy was going to be fulfilled. Like how Obi let himself die against Vader.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 22nd 2020, 1:09 am
Stops at 2
Red12789
Red12789

June 22nd 2020, 3:02 am
ROTJ Yoda was literally on his death bed and way out of his prime. I'm not even sure he can get past 1 lol...
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

June 22nd 2020, 3:24 am
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

June 22nd 2020, 4:16 am
Oh, I thought it was ROTS Yoda. He dies in R1.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 22nd 2020, 6:16 am
Dies at 1.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

June 22nd 2020, 3:49 pm

Last edited by SithSauce on June 22nd 2020, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

June 22nd 2020, 3:52 pm
SnowxElf wrote:
Underachiever599 wrote:RotJ Yoda is literally Yoda on his death bed. "Sick have I become." Why does anyone think he could beat 1, much less clear? He can barely get out a full sentence when talking to Luke.

Not a bad point, but I always got the impression that Yoda was basically killing himself on purpose because he already had faith that the prophecy was going to be fulfilled. Like how Obi let himself die against Vader.
I always had kind of the opposite impression. I felt that Yoda unnaturally extended his life long enough to be sure Luke would fulfill the fantasy, then allowed himself to die in RotJ after passing on his final wisdom. But even Yoda himself admits that he couldn't live any longer than he did. "Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." He'd already stretched his lifespan well beyond its limit to teach Luke. 

But again, that's just my takeaway from the scene. I'm pretty sure in Canon, that viewpoint is actually fact (thanks to From a Certain Point of View). If I recall, Yoda admits in FACPOV that he's already pushing the limits of his lifespan waiting for his chance to train one of the Skywalker twins.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

June 22nd 2020, 3:52 pm
@DarthAnt66 is this the quote you are referring too?

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet TMzEBAgRmCPgFnrEPpiBAgAABAgQGCzgwDd4coxEgQIAAAQIzBByYZuyDKQgQIECAAIHBAg5MgzfHaAQIECBAgMAMAQemGftgCgIECBAgQGCwgAPT4M0xGgECBAgQIDBDwIFpxj6YggABAgQIEBgs4MA0eHOMRoAAAQIECMwQcGCasQ+mIECAAAECBAYLODAN3hyjESBAgAABAjMEHJhm7IMpCBAgQIAAgcECDkyDN8doBAgQIECAwAwBB6YZ+2AKAgQIECBAYLCAA9PgzTEaAQIECBAgMEPAgWnGPpiCAAECBAgQGCzgwDR4c4xGgAABAgQIzBBwYJqxD6YgQIAAAQIEBgs4MA3eHKMRIECAAAECMwT+AKZvygPbYtRTAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Is there evidence that Lucas is only limiting this to ROTJ Yoda and not just OT Yoda in general?
Galan007
Galan007

June 22nd 2020, 4:58 pm
Underachiever599 wrote:I always had kind of the opposite impression. I felt that Yoda unnaturally extended his life long enough to be sure Luke would fulfill the fantasy, then allowed himself to die in RotJ after passing on his final wisdom. But even Yoda himself admits that he couldn't live any longer than he did. "Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." He'd already stretched his lifespan well beyond its limit to teach Luke. 

But again, that's just my takeaway from the scene. I'm pretty sure in Canon, that viewpoint is actually fact (thanks to From a Certain Point of View). If I recall, Yoda admits in FACPOV that he's already pushing the limits of his lifespan waiting for his chance to train one of the Skywalker twins.
You're right.

It was actually stated in Beware the Power of the Dark Side! that Yoda was using the Force to prolong his life so that he could pass on some final words of wisdom to Luke:
Yoda senses that Luke is finally returning. And he is relieved. Because he could not have waited much longer. Already he has used the Force to prolong his life beyond what is natural. Beyond what is comfortable and almost beyond what is endurable. His small body has long ago worn out. But he refuses to pass on. Not until he can play his last part in this great galactic struggle. All he has left are a few pieces of wisdom that might help Luke.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

June 22nd 2020, 6:42 pm
Galan007 wrote:
Underachiever599 wrote:I always had kind of the opposite impression. I felt that Yoda unnaturally extended his life long enough to be sure Luke would fulfill the fantasy, then allowed himself to die in RotJ after passing on his final wisdom. But even Yoda himself admits that he couldn't live any longer than he did. "Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." He'd already stretched his lifespan well beyond its limit to teach Luke. 

You're right.

It was actually stated in Beware the Power of the Dark Side! that Yoda was using the Force to prolong his life so that he could pass on some final words of wisdom to Luke:
Yoda senses that Luke is finally returning. And he is relieved. Because he could not have waited much longer. Already he has used the Force to prolong his life beyond what is natural. Beyond what is comfortable and almost beyond what is endurable. His small body has long ago worn out. But he refuses to pass on. Not until he can play his last part in this great galactic struggle. All he has left are a few pieces of wisdom that might help Luke.

Fair enough, the quote does indicate that he was really weak.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

June 30th 2020, 12:07 pm
Well taking down ROTJ Yoda shouldn't take much as he's on his death bed.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum