Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:19 am
1) 30 year old Mace

2) TPM Mace

3) AotC Mace

4) Shatterpoint Mace

5) RotS peak Mace.

How far does he get?

HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Five
Level Five

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:56 am
Clears and has to step down from Grand Master position due to hate crime
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:40 am
Clears, without much trouble until 5
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:59 am
ROTJ Yoda would lose to ROTJ Vader per Lucas.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:50 am
Yoda clears until 5
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Six
Level Six

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:09 am
Stops at 4 or 5.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:42 am
@DarthAnt66 wrote:ROTJ Yoda would lose to ROTJ Vader per Lucas.

lol Really?
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:26 am
RotJ Yoda is literally Yoda on his death bed. "Sick have I become." Why does anyone think he could beat 1, much less clear? He can barely get out a full sentence when talking to Luke.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:31 am
@Underachiever599 wrote:RotJ Yoda is literally Yoda on his death bed. "Sick have I become." Why does anyone think he could beat 1, much less clear? He can barely get out a full sentence when talking to Luke.

Not a bad point, but I always got the impression that Yoda was basically killing himself on purpose because he already had faith that the prophecy was going to be fulfilled. Like how Obi let himself die against Vader.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level One
Level One

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:09 am
Stops at 2
Red12789
Red12789

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:02 am
ROTJ Yoda was literally on his death bed and way out of his prime. I'm not even sure he can get past 1 lol...
Meatpants
Meatpants
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:24 am
@DarthAnt66 wrote:ROTJ Yoda would lose to ROTJ Vader per Lucas.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Five
Level Five

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:16 am
Oh, I thought it was ROTS Yoda. He dies in R1.
NotAA3
NotAA3
Level Six
Level Six

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:16 pm
Dies at 1.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:49 pm
.....


Last edited by SithSauce on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 pm
@SnowxElf wrote:
@Underachiever599 wrote:RotJ Yoda is literally Yoda on his death bed. "Sick have I become." Why does anyone think he could beat 1, much less clear? He can barely get out a full sentence when talking to Luke.

Not a bad point, but I always got the impression that Yoda was basically killing himself on purpose because he already had faith that the prophecy was going to be fulfilled. Like how Obi let himself die against Vader.
I always had kind of the opposite impression. I felt that Yoda unnaturally extended his life long enough to be sure Luke would fulfill the fantasy, then allowed himself to die in RotJ after passing on his final wisdom. But even Yoda himself admits that he couldn't live any longer than he did. "Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." He'd already stretched his lifespan well beyond its limit to teach Luke. 

But again, that's just my takeaway from the scene. I'm pretty sure in Canon, that viewpoint is actually fact (thanks to From a Certain Point of View). If I recall, Yoda admits in FACPOV that he's already pushing the limits of his lifespan waiting for his chance to train one of the Skywalker twins.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 pm
@DarthAnt66 wrote:ROTJ Yoda would lose to ROTJ Vader per Lucas.
@DarthAnt66 is this the quote you are referring too?

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet TMzEBAgRmCPgFnrEPpiBAgAABAgQGCzgwDd4coxEgQIAAAQIzBByYZuyDKQgQIECAAIHBAg5MgzfHaAQIECBAgMAMAQemGftgCgIECBAgQGCwgAPT4M0xGgECBAgQIDBDwIFpxj6YggABAgQIEBgs4MA0eHOMRoAAAQIECMwQcGCasQ+mIECAAAECBAYLODAN3hyjESBAgAABAjMEHJhm7IMpCBAgQIAAgcECDkyDN8doBAgQIECAwAwBB6YZ+2AKAgQIECBAYLCAA9PgzTEaAQIECBAgMEPAgWnGPpiCAAECBAgQGCzgwDR4c4xGgAABAgQIzBBwYJqxD6YgQIAAAQIEBgs4MA3eHKMRIECAAAECMwT+AKZvygPbYtRTAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Is there evidence that Lucas is only limiting this to ROTJ Yoda and not just OT Yoda in general?
Galan007
Galan007

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:58 pm
@Underachiever599 wrote:I always had kind of the opposite impression. I felt that Yoda unnaturally extended his life long enough to be sure Luke would fulfill the fantasy, then allowed himself to die in RotJ after passing on his final wisdom. But even Yoda himself admits that he couldn't live any longer than he did. "Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." He'd already stretched his lifespan well beyond its limit to teach Luke. 

But again, that's just my takeaway from the scene. I'm pretty sure in Canon, that viewpoint is actually fact (thanks to From a Certain Point of View). If I recall, Yoda admits in FACPOV that he's already pushing the limits of his lifespan waiting for his chance to train one of the Skywalker twins.
You're right.

It was actually stated in Beware the Power of the Dark Side! that Yoda was using the Force to prolong his life so that he could pass on some final words of wisdom to Luke:
Yoda senses that Luke is finally returning. And he is relieved. Because he could not have waited much longer. Already he has used the Force to prolong his life beyond what is natural. Beyond what is comfortable and almost beyond what is endurable. His small body has long ago worn out. But he refuses to pass on. Not until he can play his last part in this great galactic struggle. All he has left are a few pieces of wisdom that might help Luke.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:42 am
@Galan007 wrote:
@Underachiever599 wrote:I always had kind of the opposite impression. I felt that Yoda unnaturally extended his life long enough to be sure Luke would fulfill the fantasy, then allowed himself to die in RotJ after passing on his final wisdom. But even Yoda himself admits that he couldn't live any longer than he did. "Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." He'd already stretched his lifespan well beyond its limit to teach Luke. 

But again, that's just my takeaway from the scene. I'm pretty sure in Canon, that viewpoint is actually fact (thanks to From a Certain Point of View). If I recall, Yoda admits in FACPOV that he's already pushing the limits of his lifespan waiting for his chance to train one of the Skywalker twins.
You're right.

It was actually stated in Beware the Power of the Dark Side! that Yoda was using the Force to prolong his life so that he could pass on some final words of wisdom to Luke:
Yoda senses that Luke is finally returning. And he is relieved. Because he could not have waited much longer. Already he has used the Force to prolong his life beyond what is natural. Beyond what is comfortable and almost beyond what is endurable. His small body has long ago worn out. But he refuses to pass on. Not until he can play his last part in this great galactic struggle. All he has left are a few pieces of wisdom that might help Luke.

Fair enough, the quote does indicate that he was really weak.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:07 pm
Well taking down ROTJ Yoda shouldn't take much as he's on his death bed.
Sponsored content

RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet Empty Re: RotJ Yoda runs the Mace Windu Gauntlet

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum