Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bergmar
Bergmar

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 12:31 pm
1.Sabers

2.Force

3.All-out
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Two
Level Two

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 12:41 pm
Lol
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 12:41 pm
sidious clowns
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 12:45 pm
Sidious likely speed blitzes, he already has done so to better duelist
Bergmar
Bergmar

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 12:53 pm
If Sidious is stronger than her, how do you explain that from her purple lightning she became ashes, while the Sidious lightning just mutilated him.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Two
Level Two

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 1:01 pm
At the end of the day, she amplified her lightning far beyond normal levels by gathering energy for an extended period of time, only for it to be easily contained and redirected by Revan Reborn; a jedi who's bound by Yoda/Anakin's supremacy quotes. Since Sheev is Yoda's equal/superior, he also scales above Revan Reborn. Thus, Nyriss's lightning is not more powerful than Sidious'. The lesson learned here is that environmental effects don't scale all that well.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 1:06 pm
@Bergmar wrote:If Sidious is stronger than her, how do you explain that from her purple lightning she became ashes, while the Sidious lightning just mutilated him.

Someone else already made this point (I think it was Meatpants). Bane was capable of turning people to ashes with his lightning and Sidious scales astronomically above him in every aspect through banite scaling. The lightning turning people to ashes is not necessarily a concrete demonstration of the lightning's power because lightning also has some life-weakening element to it that does non-physical damage.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 7:06 pm
@SnowxElf wrote:Sidious likely speed blitzes, he already has done so to better duelist
And how did you figure this out?

Lord Scourge was the better duelist as well, still got his @ss handed to him by Darth Nyriss. Her remarkable speed and battle acumen were important determinants in this case.

Darth Nyriss is very very fast, and smart as well. Nobody is speed-blitzing her.

I would say that she was in the same situation vis-a-vis Revan (Reborn) as Palpatine was vis-a-vis Rey in CANON. These two examples suggest that even a very powerful Force-user can spectacularly FAIL subject to a particular judgement vis-a-vis an opponent who was not properly assessed in advance.

While Revan's raw power is established to be that good, it is unclear how a more conventional battle would have been between Darth Nyriss and Revan. It would be something still. Perhaps Darth Nyriss would surprise us? WE cannot know for sure.

I contacted Mr. Drew Karpyshyn about this matter once and his response was like anybody could win or loose depending upon the circumstances. I was genuinely surprised.

In all fairness; Palpatine should prevail in this fight, and comfortably.


Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on June 21st 2020, 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 7:20 pm
Palpatine atomizes Nyriss instantly. If Revan can “easily” generate the energies needed to match and surpass Nyriss’ barrier-shattering super-energies, so can Palpatine.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 7:29 pm
By that logic, Rey would utterly destroy Palpatine each time. It does not add up.

Vaylin was releasing energies on Nathema while resisting those super machines, so potent that they could one-shot the Alliance Commander as well, there comes a moment in which you can have a brush with it.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 7:42 pm
Revan’s nigh-instantly summoning the energies to match those that can ash Nyriss. There’s no reason why he can’t do that everytime, especially when he does it “easily.” As long as he does, he can ash Nyriss 100/100 times with his own Force lightning. Rey’s situation isn’t the same, and she’s using lightsabers to assist.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 8:02 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@DarthAnt66 wrote:Revan’s nigh-instantly summoning the energies to match those that can ash Nyriss. There’s no reason why he can’t do that everytime, especially when he does it “easily.” As long as he does, he can ash Nyriss 100/100 times with his own Force lightning. Rey’s situation isn’t the same, and she’s using lightsabers to assist.
Revan did not destroy her with his energies, he turned her own energies back on her which did the job for him. Darth Nyriss was too focused on the others to realize that Revan was there and would do something.

If Revan can one-shot an opponent like that in every situation (or on a consistent basis), I wonder why he failed to do so to others who crossed his path? Yes, Revan would defeat a member of the Dark Council in single combat, comfortably at that, but there is no guarantee of one-shot in every situation. This is like assuming that Meetra Surik will loose to every DARTH of the Empire because she failed to handle Darth Nyriss. This is unrealistic take on things in my view. There would be Sith in the Empire who will surprise Revan as well even if few. These matters are not so cut and dry.

Lightsabers can and have flopped at times. It was Rey's time to shine. She was in da zone. The outcome could be different if Palpatine had attacked her with a Drain-type application. WE can only speculate now.

Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 8:14 pm
@S_W_LeGenD wrote:
@DarthAnt66 wrote:Revan’s nigh-instantly summoning the energies to match those that can ash Nyriss. There’s no reason why he can’t do that everytime, especially when he does it “easily.” As long as he does, he can ash Nyriss 100/100 times with his own Force lightning. Rey’s situation isn’t the same, and she’s using lightsabers to assist.
Revan did not destroy her with his energies, he turned her own energies back on her which did the job for him. Darth Nyriss was too focused on the others to realize that Revan was there and would do something.

If Revan can one-shot an opponent like that in every situation (or on a consistent basis), I wonder why he failed to do so to others who crossed his path? Yes, Revan would defeat a member of the Dark Council in single combat, comfortably at that, but there is no guarantee of one-shot in every situation. This is like assuming that Meetra Surik will loose to every DARTH of the Empire because she failed to handle Darth Nyriss. This is unrealistic take on things in my view. There would be Sith in the Empire who will surprise Revan as well even if few. These matters are not so cut and dry.

Lightsabers can and have flopped at times. It was Rey's time to shine. She was in da zone. The outcome could be different if Palpatine had attacked her with a Drain-type application. WE can only speculate now.


I think the point Ant is trying to make is that Revan would be able to handle Nyriss's lightnting pretty much everytime. It's not that Revan would be able to one shot Nyriss everytime, but only in situations where she decides to use Force lightning on him first.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 20th 2020, 9:32 pm
@S_W_Legend:

No, Nyriss' energies didn't "do the work for him." Revan had to first "gather his own energy" to nullify and absorb Nyriss' super-charged energies into himself in order to then deflect it back at Nyriss. Ergo, Revan can generate power equivalent to that which incinerates Nyriss--instantly and "easily." 

If they were to fight one-hundred times, why can't Revan just instantly and "easily" summon power equivalent to Nyriss' super-charged energies to turn her into goo every time? How is Nyriss defending herself against such an attack? We know her barrier can't handle the lightning, and the fact she choose her barrier over her lightsaber indicates her lightsaber wouldn't be effective either. This is consistent with Nyriss being "infinitely" weaker than Vitiate, too.

This all only wouldn't be the case it takes far-and-away more energy to unleash Force lightning than to absorb Force lightning, but we know "only the most powerful Jedi" can absorb Force lightning whereas every random Dark Jedi can unleash Force lightning, so clearly that's not true.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 21st 2020, 12:57 am
@DarthAnt66 wrote:Palpatine atomizes Nyriss instantly. If Revan can “easily” generate the energies needed to match and surpass Nyriss’ barrier-shattering super-energies, so can Palpatine.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 21st 2020, 4:46 am
@DarthAnt66 wrote:@S_W_Legend:

No, Nyriss' energies didn't "do the work for him." Revan had to first "gather his own energy" to nullify and absorb Nyriss' super-charged energies into himself in order to then deflect it back at Nyriss. Ergo, Revan can generate power equivalent to that which incinerates Nyriss--instantly and "easily." 

If they were to fight one-hundred times, why can't Revan just instantly and "easily" summon power equivalent to Nyriss' super-charged energies to turn her into goo every time? How is Nyriss defending herself against such an attack? We know her barrier can't handle the lightning, and the fact she choose her barrier over her lightsaber indicates her lightsaber wouldn't be effective either. This is consistent with Nyriss being "infinitely" weaker than Vitiate, too.

This all only wouldn't be the case it takes far-and-away more energy to unleash Force lightning than to absorb Force lightning, but we know "only the most powerful Jedi" can absorb Force lightning whereas every random Dark Jedi can unleash Force lightning, so clearly that's not true.

Mate,

Revan's RAW POWER make a much powerful stream of Force Lightning from Darth Nyriss redundant to be precise.

Revan's raw power in the Force bends Nyriss' Sith lightning back at her, utterly destroying the Sith Lord.

Taken from Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion

Ergo, Revan's DEFENSES are too strong for Darth Nyriss to overcome. I am sure that Darth Malak would attest to this fact (if he ever had the chance). 

THAT does not suggest that Revan will GESTURE towards Darth Nyriss, and she will disintegrate... LMAO.

A full-on blast of power from Lord Scourge barely moved Darth Nyriss:

In the awkward position her right flank was exposed, and Nyriss brought her blade in to deliver a crippling cut. At the same time, Scourge lashed out with the Force, catching Nyriss flush in the center of her chest.

An ordinary foe would have been thrown clear across the room, but Nyriss instinctively threw up a Force barrier to protect herself, absorbing and redirecting the brunt of the impact. Even so, Scourge's attack knocked her off balance just enough to send her lightsaber wide of the mark, giving Meetra the opportunity she needed to scramble away to safety.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

- it saved Meetra Surik however, for a short while.

Darth Nyriss's PASSIVE DEFENSES are really good at mitigating Telekinetic powers to begin with, but her charged-up Force Lightning is another beast in comparison. Ergo, Force Barrier does not offer good protection against Sith Lightning in case of the MAJORITY.

Revan's EXTRAORDINARY command of the Force is a VALID differentiating factor in this matter, he is like an OUTLIER in comparison to others.

As was the case with Rey (versus Palpatine), this was Revan's moment to SHINE. Darth Nyriss gave it to him because she was TOO FIXATED on the others to realize that Revan was there, and the most significant threat.

---

I am not suggesting that Darth Nyriss could handle Revan otherwise, this was a fight she could not hope to win. In response to her moves, Revan would overcome her one way or the other. But she is not FODDER material; she would have done much better if she had Revan in mind, even if in vain.

My original take:

"I would say that she was in the same situation vis-a-vis Revan (Reborn) as Palpatine was vis-a-vis Rey in CANON. These two examples suggest that even a very powerful Force-user can spectacularly FAIL subject to a particular judgement vis-a-vis an opponent who was not properly assessed in advance."

To Revan's credit, I would say that he would be capable of taking on two members of the Dark Council, and still prevail. His incredible RAW POWER and his incredible defensive techniques by extension, his rather (unique) ability to draw strength from the Light and the Dark at the same time to his advantage, as well as his remarkable Battle Precognition - is/was a winning combo. Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) 1289255181
darthbane77
darthbane77

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 21st 2020, 1:15 pm
Sidious sneezes in Nyriss' direction and obliterates her.
The Rich Man
The Rich Man

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

on June 21st 2020, 2:04 pm
Palpatine
Sponsored content

Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS) Empty Re: Darth Nyriss vs Darth Sidious (RotS)

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum