Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LSDMB
LSDMB

I Shall Not Kneel Empty I Shall Not Kneel

on June 17th 2020, 4:16 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
I shall not kneel. Not upon the neck of a man who cannot breathe and not before a mob uncompromising and totalizing in their demands. I bend the knee only for the Lord. And if my knee bends only for the lord, I refuse to be as those whose action and inaction crucified him.

I shall not condone or participate in abuses of power. Institutions, whether it be the Catholic Church or the Police should not protect their own members when they flagrantly and blatantly abuse human rights. Reform, not abolition or takeover of these institutions, is needed, with the eye and hand of justice. I myself have before abused power, not some “white privilege” against minorities, but rather my own influence in my social groups in a rather ugly manner towards those occupying a less influential position, be it for status or humor. I have hurt or lost friends over this and wounded acquaintances. That ends now. I will work to ensure my own influence is not abused where its expression is unwarranted. My voice will cry out along others’ demanding accountability from those who have perpetuated injustice. For as the Romans abused their power in the Crucifixion of Christ, I refuse to do the same, and I refuse to condone the same when I see it. My knee shall not fall upon the neck of the powerless.

I shall not condone or participate in abuses of power. When I look upon civilization right now, I see an abuse of power of a different sort. The buildings of the innocent are broken and set aflame. Monuments to our past are vandalized. Territory within my nation is conquered from within and not a thing is done about it. People in institutions are excised when they share an opinion that drifts even slightly from what is prescribed for them by a mob that demands total ideological conformity. Art and media that does not align with their views is under attack. The books might as well be on fire. And to this mob, whose thought leaders demand changes intolerable to the general public, some of the most powerful people in our society kneel. Politicians, corporate heads, law enforcement, Hollywood, the media, all of them pay tribute as if in worship of a golden calf. And many of those who kneel have forsaken many of those now unjustly damaged as if they were an afterthought, out of fear or apathy. Pontius Pilate allowed Jesus to be sent to his death at the deafening cries of an outraged mob, and Peter denied Jesus three times. I refuse to do the same. I shall not kneel before this mob. I shall not kneel, except before God, because it is his by his grace and handiwork that black lives do indeed matter, not by the proclamations of the most radical among us.

I have heard some of my fellow Christians cite the words of Jesus in Luke 18 (The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to release the oppressed,) to support the argument against the slogan “All Lives Matter.” That since Jesus specifically mentioned people with particular problems who were in need, we should not use the importance of all people to minimize the necessity of dealing with the injustice towards or suffering of a particular selection of people. This is undoubtedly an important point, that we cannot blind ourselves to the needs of some because they do not encompass everybody.

The converse however is also true. The mention of oppression in that passage does not merely speak of some people, but rather by the very nature of what oppression is implies a standard of justice applicable to all. For it was Jesus who said we are to love our enemies. It was Jesus who in the example provided for his greatest commandment told the story of the good samaritan, where a man helped another man from a nation at great political tension with his own. We should not allow ourselves to become so preoccupied with the problems of a subset of the population that we lose sight of justice for all people.

The eye and hand of justice are built upon universal principle and universal consideration for human worth, which is what I see being eroded by many who proclaim to act in the interest of justice, the intersectionalists and critical theorists. The police need reform, but it needs to be just reform. If you largely remove the ability of police officers to act in their own self-defense, you have not provided release for the oppressed, merely put oppression upon a new group of people. Those with grievance should be listened to with an empathetic ear, but not automatically agreed with as if they possessed the unquestionable moral authority of God. If you subject people to absolute social domination by those with grievance, make their voices irrelevant, and have them fired for the slightest thought-crime, you have not provided release for the oppressed, merely put oppression upon a new group of people. If you abandon those whose livelihoods were destroyed, be it by vandalism, violence, or unreasonable ostracization, then you have not provided release for the oppressed, merely put oppression upon a new group of people. If you allow only one set of grievances, one narrative, to be seen in the public eye and the rest ignored for the sake of that narrative, you have not restored sight to the blind and have in fact made the world more blind.

I shall not kneel. I refuse to be a tyrant or a coward. I will instead pursue the path of chivalry, speak truth, seek justice, act in courage, and treat those around me with fairness. I shall not kneel to this world. Instead I shall stand tall in this world as I kneel before the glory of the one that comes after.
LSDMB
LSDMB

I Shall Not Kneel Empty Re: I Shall Not Kneel

on June 18th 2020, 12:36 pm
They have taken the media and the companies. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes. REEEEEs, REEEEEs in the deep. We cannot get out. The tankie moves into the dark. We cannot get out. They are coming.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum