Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bergmar
Bergmar

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:59 pm
all-out
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:37 pm
Darth Thanaton.
Dolph
Dolph
Level Three
Level Three

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:40 pm
Yaddle murks
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:54 pm
^^^ 

Based on what exactly? Her species? It proves nothing.

Yoda is an exception - not the norm.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Two
Level Two

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:13 pm
Yaddle looks at him
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:24 pm
Yaddle quite easily. 

She was described as being powerful enough to actually be a living light-side nexus that could empower lightsiders in her vicinity. She was also described as being extremely powerful by Anakin and Obi.

Attack droids cannot be intimidated, however. The line wheeled toward the Jedi. Obi-Wan had never fought beside Yaddle before. She was all grace and flowing movement, her lightsaber a blur, the Force growing and charging the air around them until Obi-Wan could feel it humming in him and around him. Charged with Yaddle's energy, he sliced through four droids with one swift blow. The blaster fire was heavy but he had no problem deflecting it.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:28 pm
^^^

Cutting down droids is a feat now? That sound like Battle Meditation by the way.

You clearly do not know much about Darth Thanaton.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:36 pm
@S_W_LeGenD wrote:^^^

Cutting down droids is a feat now? That sound like Battle Meditation by the way.

You clearly do not know much about Darth Thanaton.

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton 39523600

Could you actually make an argument on why Thanaton is stronger then?

Also, it wasn't battle meditation. Yaddle was fighting alongside Obi while this was happening. There are other feats she has that are impressive though like striking faster than Anakin can react to and other things.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/yaddle-respect-thread-1682651/
Seturna
Seturna

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:13 am
Yaddle gives Thanaton the no one knows who you are treatment.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:21 am
Year before his prime, Teneb Kel (would be Darth Thanaton), managed to endure attacks of and assassinate a relatively much stronger opponent in Exal Kressh - last known descendant of the powerful Kressh bloodline, one of the most powerful Sith of the Empire, and the only known apprentice of Tenebrae (The Sith Emperor). Shattering massive structures, transforming multiple large objects into PROJECTILES to strike at a particular target, shrugging off countless shards of glass coming in her direction, disintegrating durable stuff including Teneb Kel's original lightsaber were all easy things for her. She even absorbed blasterfire on her back while concentrating on Teneb Kel in a fight.

In fact, Exal Kressh was responsible for destroying an entire space colony by overloading its massive power core through sheer raw power. Teneb Kel escaped this destruction sequence by creating a pathway towards a docked starship out in the space and walking towards it. This guy literally walked through space without any kind of protection gear and such. Something which even Revan could not do while on Leviathan - he had to use protection gear for the needful.

Same young Teneb Kel easily killed a gigantic Terentatek (big enough to swallow a man whole) on a separate occasion.

Teneb Kel also experience a vision in which he meet his future-self Darth Thanaton. The latter incarnation literally ONE-SHOT him with a powerful blast of Force Lightning - something that Exal Kressh with all her powers couldn't manage. Such is the intended gap between the two. Darth Thanaton is openly recognized as one of the most powerful Sith to have ever emerged in the Empire's history; his hype is significant among so many names mentioned otherwise. He eventually becomes a member of the Dark Council and his responsibility is to plunder ancient sources of knowledge from across the galaxy and he learn much about Tulak Hord as well. While operating in this capacity, some of the very powerful Sith Lords serve him actually and his own apprentice is counted among the finest duelists ever.

But bad luck come his way when he make an enemy of the legendary Sith Inquisitor (Darth Nox) who discover an ancient but rarely used technique of binding some of the most dangerous Force ghosts to himself and channel their combined power into his attacks as well as shielding himself from incoming attacks. This is FAR MORE EFFICIENT method of acquiring unprecedented power to fuel one's own than the traditional method of siphoning energy of others into yourself from which gains are very slow to materialize and make difference. It take this kind of FIREPOWER to close the chapter of Darth Thanaton for good. While this happen, Darth Marr is in disbelief - he was expecting Darth Thanaton to last much longer in the seat of the Dark Council given his implied strength. The legendary Dark Lord of the Sith Tulak Hord's much longer lasting follower (Khem Val) who joins Darth Nox at some point, finds Darth Nox to be superior in all aspects. Now keep in mind the fact Tulak Hord himself was immensely strong in the dark side and one of the greatest masters of Sith Sorcery on top, and his telekinetic prowess was of such magnitude that he could affect and move starships the size of Endar Spire without any issue.

Darth Thanaton himself wasn't short on defensive and offensive techniques by any measure. He could render himself virtually immune to all manner of attacks with an impenetrable bubble of energy for a while. He ONE-SHOTTED Darth Nox with a mysterious kind of attack in their first meeting even though Darth Nox had discovered the aforementioned ancient technique and had managed to BIND two powerful Force ghosts to himself at this stage. Darth Nox was able to survive this attack due to the Force ghosts bind to him at the time. Darth Thanaton's expressions of Force Lightning are also among the greatest and most potent ever witnessed.

WE are dealing with the upper-most echelons of power bases in the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire when discussing the likes of Darth Thanaton, Tulak Hord and Darth Nox.

So yeah, Yaddle might be great and all that but she has nothing on Darth Thanaton.

In fact, the Sith Inquisitor story arc of SWTOR offers a very telling behind-the-scenes perspective of WHY the Empire was failing in the war. Because some of the most powerful Sith were rather busy undermining and killing each other instead of investing a large chunk of their energies and efforts to eradicating the Republic and the Jedi Order. This sound all too familiar when other sources touched on this subject. When your TOP-TIER talent continue to become a casualty of infighting from time-to-time, you are essentially DOOMED. No matter how strong you are, there is no guarantee that you will survive in the Empire because great strength is just a part of the equation.

The Sith Warrior and The Imperial Agent story arcs of SWTOR indicate much of the same as well. The Sith are more dangerous to each other than the Jedi.

The above is one of the major factors WHY Tenebrae abandonened the Sith in FULL even after ruling them for centuries. There were virtually endless chains of scheming and infighting to deal with, and address, through the course of centuries. Even the most powerful Force-user ever cannot cope with kind of shit for indefinite period.


Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:57 am
yaddle nuks
avatar
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:00 am
Thanaton's best feats are with prep and a knowledge advantage. The moment he fought even Nox, he got tooled. 

Yaddle murks him.
Gianfi
Gianfi

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:03 am
Thanaton
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:03 am
@BoD wrote:Thanaton's best feats are with prep and a knowledge advantage. The moment he fought even Nox, he got tooled. 

Yaddle murks him.

Yeah, you forgot much of the details and CONTEXT in your judgement.

Most of the judgements passed here by a number of members are utterly lacking in CONTEXT and DEPTH of any kind.

Yaddle is very powerful, she wins by default. How very thoughtful and convincing. 

PT era Jedi create a blur with a lightsaber - ooh so fast and capable. He wins. LMAO.


Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:05 am
It's not a lack of details or context. Unlike you, I'm able to accept that there are characters stronger than the TOR ones. Thanaton's feats and accolades are garbage when compared to Yaddle.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:07 am
@BoD wrote:It's not a lack of details or context. Unlike you, I'm able to accept that there are characters stronger than the TOR ones. Thanaton's feats and accolades are garbage when compared to Yaddle.

Is that why most of your posts are filled with misconceptions? Not the first time I have addressed your posts. I do accept and acknowledge characters which seem to be stronger than the best of SWTOR based on their ACTUALIZED POWERS and SHOWINGS, and not based on what ERA they are part of.

Tell me anything that Yaddle have demonstrated that suggest that she is superior to Darth Thanaton. You need to post more than she is very powerful and killed a few droids and produce a blur effect with a lightsaber and praise of Obi-Wan to establish otherwise. Much more.


Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:08 am
Also, because you keep editing your bitchy comments after I reply, maybe you should ask my reasoning next time.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:10 am
@BoD wrote:Also, because you keep editing your bitchy comments after I reply, maybe you should ask my reasoning next time.

You are entitled to your views, I do not mind them.

I will continue to post mine and make people aware as per my understanding of things.

No hard feelings.

But when addressed by me, produce something convincing for me instead. Not out-of-context subjective verdicts.
avatar
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:13 am
Is that why most of your posts are filled with misconceptions? Not the first time I have addressed your posts. 

Like your argument that Valkorion > the embodiments of the dark side or the light side?

 
I do accept and acknowledge characters which seem to be stronger than the best of SWTOR based on their ACTUALIZED POWERS and SHOWINGS, and not based on what ERA they are part of.



Feel free to go through my post history and quote anywhere where I’ve said PT Jedi are better because they’re from a later era. 



Tell me anything that Yaddle have demonstrated that suggest that she is superior to Darth Thanaton. You need to post more than she is very powerful and killed a few droids and produce a blur effect with a lightsaber and praise of Obi-Wan to establish otherwise. Much more.

I’m on mobile at the moment. If I can be bothered, I’ll present one later.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:15 am
@BoD wrote:Like your argument that Valkorion > the embodiments of the dark side or the light side?

Feel free to go through my post history and quote anywhere where I’ve said PT Jedi are better because they’re from a later era.

I’m on mobile at the moment. If I can be bothered, I’ll present one later.

Valkorion is one of the embodiments of the Dark Side. You have a problem with this stated fact? WE have been through this in detail before and I explained to you that why The Ones are not as powerful as you are trying to project them to be, not in the Legends continuity.

I do not know much about your posting history so I will refrain from passing judgement in this case.

You do not have to, if you are not interested. There is no compulsion.
avatar
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:19 am
Valkorion is one of the embodiments of the Dark Side. You have a problem with this stated fact?

 


He’s not an embodiment of the dark side. He’s a dark side entity. There is a difference. Disregarding that, you also have Starwars.com confirming his superiority around half a dozen times by virtue of being a member of the Ones, to the point where his and the Daughter’s power forms a “fulcrum” in the Force and allows the entirety of the Force to flow through it. Valkorion is simply not on that level. Neither is Sidious, Luke, or any other Jedi/Sith barring Mortis Anakin.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:55 am
@BoD wrote:
[size=33]He’s not an embodiment of the dark side. He’s a dark side entity. There is a difference. Disregarding that, you also have Starwars.com confirming his superiority around half a dozen times by virtue of being a member of the Ones, to the point where his and the Daughter’s power forms a “fulcrum” in the Force and allows the entirety of the Force to flow through it. Valkorion is simply not on that level. Neither is Sidious, Luke, or any other Jedi/Sith barring Mortis Anakin.
[/size]

WE are deviating from the subject theme now but I will chime in.

The Mortis Realm had become the fulcrum of the entire galaxy and the Force in time due to many many centuries of infighting between The Ones within - not something that happened overnight.

Even then the balance of the Force continued to shift between Light and Dark due to actions of other Force-users in the galaxy at large.

The Mortis realm was such a powerful construct and nexus that Anakin Skywalker was able to tap into its power and bring The Son and The Daughter to their knees at the same time. The Father began to loose his powers at some point, and The Son wanted to escape, but the Mortis Realm proved to be an effective prison and prevented him from doing so. And these beings were not invincible or something on these lines - just very powerful. They could be killed by an artifact identified as The Dagger of Mortis (one of the creations of The Father). I am confident that this won't be the only way as apparent from the case study of Abeloth.

Below is an example of what The Ones were capable of:

In the center, near the Font of Power, the Father was having a heated argument with the Son and the Daughter. All three were gesturing wildly, and in the air around them whirled uprooted tree ferns, boulders, and even a couple of six-legged lizards the size of rancors.

Taken from Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse

So the TRIO of them are/were actively using the Force in that argument, and that is what they achieved. I am much impressed, not...

I have seen better from some Force-users actually. Lord Nyax anyone?

The Son's exclusive telekinetic abilities shown below:

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton 5083450-7509276751-5ca75

COMPARE

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton SWTOR-Rise-of-the-Emperor-Part-3-Jedi-Knight-Male

NOTE: This is through a single possessed Jedi Master; Valkorion is actually preoccupied with possessing and using countless individuals to do his bidding across the planet while at it. Can you imagine the level of power being implied in this case? IMMEASURABLE actually.

The Son blocked lightsaber blows with ease:

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton 5083426-5201603503-4cdea

Valkorion blocked lightsaber blows with ease:

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton SWTOR-Knights-of-the-Fallen-Empire-Chapter-1-The-Hunt-Jedi-Knight-Light-Side

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton SWTOR-Knights-of-the-Fallen-Empire-CHAPTER-1-The-Hunt-Light-Side-Jedi-Knight-1

The Son changed his physical appearance - a being of pure dark side energy:

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton 5083306-1997195962-61a1a

Valkorion created beings of pure dark side energy while being formless himself:

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Rise-of-the-Emperor-Trailer-5

NOTE: Valkorion did not create just one but MANY while preoccupied with possessing and using countless individuals to do his bidding across the planet. Some of those beings were absolutely enormous in size (about the size of multi-story buildings), and each could not be killed. Even the smallest one was tearing through heavy structures as if they were nothing. Can you imagine the level of power being implied in this case? IMMEASURABLE actually.

The Colossal Monoliths could even siphon life-force of living beings on their own. Imagine this.

The Son was rumored to be FACILITATING Killiks of Aldeeran to construct a massive artifact:

The first panel showed a long, tubular space station still under construction. The skeletal structure was teeming with Killiks, all wearing thin suits and bubble helmets. And that was all. There were no jetpacks, no space cranes, not even any tether cables-just millions of Killiks, floating together in banks the size of small asteroids. In front of them, enormous durasteel girders appeared to be drifting into position with no visible means of propulsion.

Raynar understood what he was seeing. Thuruht had used the Force not only to assemble the station itself-which certainly had the shape of Centerpoint-but also to move themselves about in space.


When we build, we use the Force for all things, Thuruht confirmed.


She directed Raynar's attention to the next panel. It showed a band of Killiks using Force blasts to extract ore from a stony asteroid. They also seemed to be using telekinesis to move the ore into a smelting furnace, which appeared to be powered by another swarm using a ball form of Force lightning.


Taken from Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse

NOTE: Thuruts were very capable Force-users by themselves: they could do much on their own. Just one swarm was being empowered by The Son for the needful.

Vakorion could do that as well given how he was able to expand his reach across the galaxy by creating and planting his Children in different organizations including even The Jedi Order itself and COMPLETELY MASKED their signatures while at it. Whenever a Child was activated by Valkorion in any living being, he/she demonstrated powers in this capacity which were not his/her own. And Valkorion could reach out to his Children and activate all of them to do his bidding when necessary (WE see a development on these lines in the story arc of the legendary Jedi Consular). And also given his exploits on Ziost in which he influenced BILLIONS.

Valkorion have demonstrated powers of the scale, magnitude, implied potency, and nature which Luke Skywalker and Palpatine never have. This is a FACT, my friend.

A Force Storm (Wormhole) may have a diameter of few KMs at maximum, a proper planet have a diameter in the range of thousands of KMs. Luke noticed that a Force Storm (Wormhole) could kill a moon (metaphoric take), but a planet such as Ziost had two moons of its own.

Valkorion is actually HINDERED by the VOICE and/or physical bodies in general, to large extent.

When Valkorion is not depending upon physical bodies to function, he could ONE-SHOT a huge planet:



Whispered rumors have persisted of planets snuffed out through intricate Sith rituals or by way of deadly, arcane machines--such as the device Revan sought to employ on Yavin 4--but Ziost represents a clear display of the corrosive power of the dark side of the Force taken to its extreme.

Taken from (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Sith Emperor: Codex Entry titled "Death of a World.")

Valkorion being a rightful contender for the TOP SPOT of Force-users by the way. BioWare isn't stupid for suggesting as much.

---

There is much more convincing case for the Abeloth of being the most powerful Force-user than The Ones in the Legends continuity. But when she came out, she perished just like any other. Other Force-users in the galaxy will band together and find a way to undermine and defeat any being no matter what.

This is why I much prefer and advocate TIER system of ranking.
Sponsored content

Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton Empty Re: Yaddle vs Darth Thanaton

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum