Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bourbon
Bourbon

The Ultimate Old Republic vs New Republic Evils showdown! Empty The Ultimate Old Republic vs New Republic Evils showdown!

June 11th 2020, 6:06 pm
Old Republic Team:                             New Republic Team:

- Arcann                                             - Darth Sidious

- Shadow of Revan                              - Darth Plagueis

- Valkorion                                         - Darth Tenebrous

- Darth Nihilus                                    - Darth Krayt

- Vaylin                                              - Darth Vader

All feats apply.

Who wins and why?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

The Ultimate Old Republic vs New Republic Evils showdown! Empty Re: The Ultimate Old Republic vs New Republic Evils showdown!

June 11th 2020, 6:22 pm
sheev
idk
valk
krayt
idk

team new rep wins imo
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

The Ultimate Old Republic vs New Republic Evils showdown! Empty Re: The Ultimate Old Republic vs New Republic Evils showdown!

June 11th 2020, 6:28 pm
Team Old Republic absolutely stomps. Especially if you buy that Nihilus’ power is relative to the immediately present force energy.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 11th 2020, 6:28 pm
The Old Republic Team will win easily.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

June 11th 2020, 8:59 pm
Sheev
Revan
Valk
Krayt
Since the op don't specify if it's knightfall vader or suited i go vaylin if it was knightfall the story could change

Then we get revan,valk and vaylin vs sheev and krayt which i could Say team 1 one wins do to number superiority and overall esoteric abilities 

In other cirscumstances if the tor team faced individually each opponent they die especially if You consider morals off stuff

Last edited by The lord of hunger on June 11th 2020, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 11th 2020, 10:07 pm
Sidious lacks the power necessary to compensate for the others, who are all inferior to the TOR team (Revan vs Plagueis, Vaylin vs Krayt, Arcann vs Vader). Unless it’s KFV (who’s > anyone on the TOR team except Valk but still isn’t making much of a difference), they all lose in fights varying from close to comfortable.

Valk vs Sidious might have enough of a backlash to kill most of the members of both teams considering the huge gaps between their respective MVPs and the others.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 12th 2020, 2:51 am
Nihilus is a wildcard. Otherwise the OR team gets obliterated.

June 12th 2020, 3:03 am
Azronger wrote:Nihilus is a wildcard. Otherwise the OR team gets obliterated.

Is Nihilus that strong? When I faced him in the game he was quite easy to kill, so I can't imagine powerful characters like Palpatine having much trouble dealing with him. Even Darth Sion I actually found to be a much more formidable opponent. I think Sion should have been included in the old republic team instead to be honest.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 12th 2020, 3:12 am
Every member of Team TOR is capable of affecting every other member of Team NRT while concentrating on one opponent - all have remarkable AoE capabilities.

Valkorion and Darth Nihilus are both unparalleled in use of Force Drain and by extension Force Sever - each have consumed a world before. No chance for Team NRT here.

Valkorion and Revan (SoR) have defenses against even lightsaber blows. Sorry folks , Team NRT stand no chance whatsoever.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on June 12th 2020, 3:17 am; edited 2 times in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

June 12th 2020, 3:15 am
Nihilus sucks. Team NR demolishes.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 12th 2020, 3:29 am
ahmadadam96 wrote:

Is Nihilus that strong? When I faced him in the game he was quite easy to kill, so I can't imagine powerful characters like Palpatine having much trouble dealing with him. Even Darth Sion I actually found to be a much more formidable opponent. I think Sion should have been included in the old republic team instead to be honest.

Well, have a look:

Darth Nihilus consumed all Jedi on Katarr as well including the legendary Jedi Master Vandar Tokare (Yoda species). This Jedi Master was probably the most powerful of his time.

Up against Meetra Surik - then Wound in the Force - Darth Nihilus's powers backfired because one Wound in the Force cannot consume the other (plot armor).

Now watch how potent Darth Nihilus was when not compromised:

Those cut-scenes are restored from unfinished coding of KoTOR II. In one of them Darth Sion literally ONE-SHOTS a Jedi survivor but when he confront Darth Nihilus...
Darth Zanos
Darth Zanos

June 12th 2020, 3:43 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
S_W_LeGenD wrote:
ahmadadam96 wrote:

Well, have a look:

Darth Nihilus consumed all Jedi on Katarr as well including the legendary Jedi Master Vandar Tokare (Yoda species). This Jedi Master was probably the most powerful of his time.

Up against Meetra Surik - then Wound in the Force - Darth Nihilus's powers backfired because one Wound in the Force cannot consume the other (plot armor).

Now watch how potent Darth Nihilus was when not compromised:

Those cut-scenes are restored from unfinished coding of KoTOR II. In one of them Darth Sion literally ONE-SHOTS a Jedi survivor but when he confront Darth Nihilus...

Thanks, I didn't know about this stuff because I only played the game. I played without the restored content mod so I thought nihilus wasn't that strong after facing him. It seems there's more to him than I thought.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 12th 2020, 4:34 am
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ wrote:Team Old Republic absolutely stomps. Especially if you buy that Nihilus’ power is relative to the immediately present force energy.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 12th 2020, 6:16 am
ahmadadam96 wrote:

Nihilus is passively empowered by Force-sensitives in his vicinity. Here he's surrounded by nine very powerful Force-users, so there's no telling how powerful he would become. He technically doesn't have a cap either since he is a spirit.

The reason he's beatable in gameplay is because the Exile had just weakened him when he tried to drain her Force wound. Previous to that Nihilus casually held the entire party in a stasis field or a telekinetic grip.

June 12th 2020, 12:45 pm
Nihilus drains everyone at once cuz they amp him to Bedlam Spirit tier The Ultimate Old Republic vs New Republic Evils showdown! 1076326320
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

June 12th 2020, 7:47 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:Nihilus sucks. Team NR demolishes.
The Ultimate Old Republic vs New Republic Evils showdown! 1076326320
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

June 12th 2020, 11:42 pm
It would be nice if versions were specified. If the Nihilus hype is for real the OR team wins, if not they lose.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum