Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Adi Gallia vs Kit Fisto Empty Adi Gallia vs Kit Fisto

May 9th 2020, 11:27 am
Who wins?
freethedevil
freethedevil

Adi Gallia vs Kit Fisto Empty Re: Adi Gallia vs Kit Fisto

May 9th 2020, 12:04 pm
Galia. Fisto's essentially featless while Galia should be in the range of Oppress.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 9th 2020, 12:14 pm
Fisto
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

May 9th 2020, 2:33 pm
Fisto had a much better performance against Grievous, but that was right after Grievous went through an agonizing surgery and was explicitly told he shouldn't be fighting so soon after the repairs. Gallia's two fights against Grievous were both pretty short, and one ended in her being very quicky stomped off-screen (we just see her being sent flying down a hallway, and know that she was captured and held hostage). I'm inclined to hand it to Fisto, but it's hard to say just how hindered Grievous was due to the repair process.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 9th 2020, 3:01 pm
Fisto also said outright that he and his padawan are no match for grevious at his full abilities. The issue with using galia's showing vs grevious is that galia's fight against him was effectively retconned in season 5.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 9th 2020, 3:03 pm
Adi fought Grievous in season 5?
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 9th 2020, 3:05 pm
Latham2000 wrote:Adi fought Grievous in season 5?
She's killed by Oppress in season 5. That doesn't really work if she's killed by grevious later on.  Adi Gallia vs Kit Fisto 1220391476

Edit: I just realized Grevious literally one-shotted her in TCW.

Fisto takes this.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 9th 2020, 3:09 pm
Well, TCW liked screwing around with continuity 😕
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

May 9th 2020, 3:15 pm
Fisto holds out one finger
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

May 10th 2020, 1:06 am
freethedevil wrote:Fisto's essentially featless
Erm... what?
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 10th 2020, 8:20 am
Fisto wins based on his fight with Sidious going far beyond anything Adi has done
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 10th 2020, 8:32 am
Fisto is comfortably above Gallia based on his showing against Sidious.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

May 10th 2020, 10:36 am
Fisto fists
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

May 10th 2020, 7:10 pm
Fisto semi solidly 
Gallia is low key fodder ish.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

May 11th 2020, 12:28 am
Can we really put Fisto above Gallia just because of his showing against Sidious? I mean, come on. Fisto blocked three strikes and died when he tried to strike back. Sure, it's better than either Agen Kolar or Saesee Tiin, who both died before either could get a single swing in. But neither really have much in the way of feats to prove they're all that noteworthy anyway. What evidence do we have that Gallia wouldn't have been able to handle herself against Sidious at least as well as Fisto?

I think it's much better to use Grievous scaling to show how Fisto is superior to Gallia. Fisto performs far better against an early Grievous than Gallia did in the later seasons, even if Fisto did admit inferiority to Grievous. At least he was able to hold his own against Grievous and score some hits. Gallia got stomped pretty hard.
Ash
Ash

May 11th 2020, 4:41 am
I'd say being superior to ROTS Mace Windu is far better than being manhandled by Savage. Kit stomps.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 11th 2020, 4:49 am
Ash wrote:I'd say being superior to ROTS Mace Windu is far better than being manhandled by Savage. Kit stomps.
What?
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 11th 2020, 4:50 am
Underachiever599 wrote:Can we really put Fisto above Gallia just because of his showing against Sidious? I mean, come on. Fisto blocked three strikes and died when he tried to strike back. Sure, it's better than either Agen Kolar or Saesee Tiin, who both died before either could get a single swing in. But neither really have much in the way of feats to prove they're all that noteworthy anyway. What evidence do we have that Gallia wouldn't have been able to handle herself against Sidious at least as well as Fisto?

I think it's much better to use Grievous scaling to show how Fisto is superior to Gallia. Fisto performs far better against an early Grievous than Gallia did in the later seasons, even if Fisto did admit inferiority to Grievous. At least he was able to hold his own against Grievous and score some hits. Gallia got stomped pretty hard.
I guess you could argue that getting three shotted by sids is better than getting two-shotted by GG
Ash
Ash

May 11th 2020, 4:50 am
freethedevil wrote:
Ash wrote:I'd say being superior to ROTS Mace Windu is far better than being manhandled by Savage. Kit stomps.
What?

Fisto was performing as well as Mace with far more hindrances weighing him down.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 11th 2020, 4:51 am
Ash wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
What?

Fisto was performing as well as Mace with far more hindrances weighing him down.
Is dying really "performing as well"?
Ash
Ash

May 11th 2020, 4:53 am
freethedevil wrote:
Ash wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
What?

He died due to the final straw, Anakin, showing up, consequently throwing him off and allowing Sidious to strike. In the novelization, he stays alive all the way until then.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 11th 2020, 4:57 am
Ash wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Ash wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
What?

He died due to the final straw, Anakin, showing up, consequently throwing him off and allowing Sidious to strike. In the novelization, he stays alive all the way until then.
Fisto is killed well before anakin arrives in the film, which obviously takes precedence over any other version of the fight. That said, even in the novel, fisto is killed off quickly irrc
Ash
Ash

May 11th 2020, 5:00 am
freethedevil wrote:
Ash wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Ash wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
What?

Fisto is killed well before anakin arrives.

No. He isn't. It explicitly mentions that it's when Anakin arrives that "green fire faded and winked out." If you want to debate me that's fine, but stop with the blanket statements that do nothing to further the conversation in a direction that is mutually beneficial.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 11th 2020, 5:20 am
Ash wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Ash wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Ash wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
What?

Fisto is killed well before anakin arrives.

No. He isn't. It explicitly mentions that it's when Anakin arrives that "green fire faded and winked out." If you want to debate me that's fine, but stop with the blanket statements that do nothing to further the conversation in a direction that is mutually beneficial.
I'll just repost my edit:
Fisto is killed well before anakin arrives in the film, which obviously takes precedence over any other version of the fight.
There's also the matter of gillard listing fisto as a 7 while mace is a 8 bordering 9, lucas saying he can compete with yoda/sids, a pre-prime mace's parity with another tier 8 in dooku and quotes that put him on equal or even superioir footing compared to yoda. While yoda has a comfortable majority in his favor, that it's disputed gives us reason to have mace somewhat near him.

They're really not in the same weight class.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum