Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

Team KotOR vs. Team Tales Empty Team KotOR vs. Team Tales

May 9th 2020, 12:59 am
Bastilla, Juhani, & Jolee vs. Cay Qel-Droma, Sylvar, & Tott Doneeta. Which Jedi trio takes it?

Last edited by The Slick Obi on May 9th 2020, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Team KotOR vs. Team Tales Empty Re: Team KotOR vs. Team Tales

May 9th 2020, 5:55 am
The biggest issue is Juhani and Jolee are virutally featless. Bastila's only real impressive feats take place when she's fallen to the dark side and has access to either the major nexus in the ancient temple, or the nexus provided by the Star Forge. Team Tales has more solid, verifiable showings. 

Personally, I think Bastila should be more powerful and skilled than Sylvar or Tott Doneeta, but there's just no reliable way to prove it due to the nature of KotOR. Bastila's feats, as I recall them are as follows: She defeats a dark Jedi on her way to confront Darth Revan. She, alongside Revan, defeats a handful of Black Vulkar thugs while unarmed. She has battle meditation that is powerful enough for Malak to wipe out an entire planet in an attempt to kill her, specifically. However, it's explicitly noted within KotOR that she is unable to use battle meditation on a smaller scale of personal combat (unlike the battle meditation in KotOR II, which could impact small scale battles). She very briefly holds her own against Malak onboard the Leviathan, but it's extremely obvious that she's no match for him. She later Force pushes Revan, Jolee, and Juhani during their battle on the ancient temple, though she ultimately loses to the team. And she seals a door with the Force to the point that even Revan isn't able to open it on the Star Forge. However, again, she ultimately proves no match for Revan in combat These last two feats were both done with the power of a major nexus. That's really not very impressive, all told. 

Also, Nomi Sunrider should likely be above any of team KotOR, due to the fact that she became the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. She was basically the Anakin Skywalker or Revan of her generation. Even if Team KotOR had solid feats to their names, I doubt they would top Nomi. So much of the story around Nomi is just various powerful Jedi telling us how insanely powerful Nomi is and how great of a destiny she has. Bastila herself admits inferiority to the great masters of the Jedi Order, and it's entirely possible that Nomi is one such master at this point in time (KotOR only takes place 40 years after Tales of the Jedi. We know Jolee fought in the Great Sith War, and he even mentions having met Nomi). 

For a more balanced match up, I'd say swap Nomi Sunrider with Cay Qel-Droma or Oss Wilum. At the very least, that would mean the match up would be between two notable Jedi (Nomi v Sylvar) and four powerful, but relatively minor Jedi (Jolee and Juhani v Tott and Oss Wilum/Cay Qel-Droma). Throwing a Grand Master into the mix just makes the match up too one-sided.
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

May 9th 2020, 9:38 am
Good point about Nomi. I made this rather late last night and was not thinking clearly, hahaha.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

May 9th 2020, 2:34 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
The Slick Obi wrote:Good point about Nomi. I made this rather late last night and was not thinking clearly, hahaha.
All good. I replied at like 4am. I'm just surprised I was able to reply halfway coherently.
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

May 12th 2020, 10:12 am
@Underachiever599 hasn't Bastila fought with Darth Bandon aboard the Endar Spire? Not sure it would influence the outcome of this fight, but still something to consider.

Other than that, great post.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

May 12th 2020, 3:48 pm
Gaunter O'Dimm wrote:@Underachiever599 hasn't Bastila fought with Darth Bandon aboard the Endar Spire? Not sure it would influence the outcome of this fight, but still something to consider.

Other than that, great post.
Not from what I recall in the game. There might have been outside lore that states it, but I haven't seen it. I was under the impression Bastila had already escaped on an escape pod before Bandon stormed the Endar Spire.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 12th 2020, 6:10 pm
tales win for a solid majority
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum