Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet

June 6th 2019, 1:50 am
Literally nothing you've said is relevant to anything I have. Not that I much care what Ant's arguing in a thread that you haven't even bothered to link.
LOTL

The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet

June 6th 2019, 1:52 am
The debate with Elm.

Lol on me directly challenging your claims not being relevant to your claims
AncientPower
AncientPower

June 6th 2019, 5:03 am
Because your only counter is 'but in this debate!' I'd like something more consistent.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 6th 2019, 5:11 am
From what I have seen of the Dread Masters, Bane should have this in the bag.
AncientPower
AncientPower

June 6th 2019, 5:41 am
Bane has done nothing to even begin to compare to the Dread Masters. It'd be generous to put him on par with act 3 protags.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

June 6th 2019, 5:16 pm
Dread should stop around Tenebrous master/Tenebrous
LOTL

June 7th 2019, 6:22 am
Azronger wrote:From what I have seen of the Dread Masters, Bane should have this in the bag.

Not convinced Bane can destroy entire fleets
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 7th 2019, 10:21 am
LOTL wrote:
Azronger wrote:From what I have seen of the Dread Masters, Bane should have this in the bag.

Not convinced Bane can destroy entire fleets

I assume you're just imitating the TOR side, but I'll bite. When did they do that, and what was the context?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 7th 2019, 11:01 am
For the record, I know you haven't made this argument, but in case you're referring to the statement in the Codex, it reads as follows:

The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet - Page 2 Dread_10

"they studied the power of the Phobis devices […] this power allowed the Dread Masters to destroy entire Republic fleets" - is it just me or does that imply the Dread Masters used some trinkets to accomplish their feats? And since the Phobis devices "have driven even the most depraved Sith mad with terror," I'm inclined to believe this "fleet busting" was just them inflicting fear on the crew rather than atomizing the ships like Starkiller or Sheev have done. Something that's strongly suggested in other sources too:

The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet - Page 2 Dread_12

The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet - Page 2 Dread_11

The latter statement even specifies they accomplished this while "Meditating in unison," which they won't have time to do in active combat.

All in all,  I haven't seen what they do in the actual game so I may be off on my judgement, but based on the above I'm not impressed with these guys at all
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

June 7th 2019, 11:14 am
Stop at Plagueis or Palpatine.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 7th 2019, 11:23 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:Stop at Plagueis or Palpatine.

Mind making a case?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 7th 2019, 11:46 am
Yeah, I want to know what's so impressive about the Dread Masters. What makes them capable of beating Tenebrous or his Master?
LOTL

June 7th 2019, 12:05 pm
Azronger wrote:For the record, I know you haven't made this argument, but in case you're referring to the statement in the Codex, it reads as follows:

The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet - Page 2 Dread_10

"they studied the power of the Phobis devices […] this power allowed the Dread Masters to destroy entire Republic fleets" - is it just me or does that imply the Dread Masters used some trinkets to accomplish their feats? And since the Phobis devices "have driven even the most depraved Sith mad with terror," I'm inclined to believe this "fleet busting" was just them inflicting fear on the crew rather than atomizing the ships like Starkiller or Sheev have done. Something that's strongly suggested in other sources too:

The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet - Page 2 Dread_12

The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet - Page 2 Dread_11

The latter statement even specifies they accomplished this while "Meditating in unison," which they won't have time to do in active combat.

All in all,  I haven't seen what they do in the actual game so I may be off on my judgement, but based on the above I'm not impressed with these guys at all

Yeah I didn't know that. Only this

The Dread Masters are powerful Sith Lords who have served the Sith Emperor for centuries as prophets, generals and advisers. Their power allowed the Dread Masters to destroy entire Republic fleets during the Great War.

―The Dread Masters Codex Entry

LOTL

June 7th 2019, 12:07 pm
That quote suggests that they used their raw power to perform the feat.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 7th 2019, 1:49 pm
@LOTL That's the exact same quote I posted from the same source, but it omits the Phobis devices line. Seems whoever you got that from is prone to forgery.
LSDMB
LSDMB

June 7th 2019, 1:53 pm
Yeah did you get that quote from AP or something? Seems doctored to serve a specific end.
AncientPower
AncientPower

June 7th 2019, 7:34 pm
He is quoting from this you tit:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/dread-masters-respect-thread-updated-2017/97192/

Az, the Phobis Devices aren't trinkets at all, nor did they even have them in their possession. They obtained their power from the devices permanently. But given that Plagueis and Sidious literally needed to change the balance of the Force; with a good four different sources of aid to fully achieve the overall imbalance. All just because they both were incapable of replicating the power of Tenebrous. Yeah, shouldn't be throwing stones in your glass house there.

What we see them perform on screen in swtor is a good indication that they certainly can destroy fleets, and across space too.
LOTL

June 8th 2019, 12:13 am
Nope, got it in a PM on KMC months ago, asking for wtf made the Dread Masters so impressive.
LOTL

June 8th 2019, 12:16 am
Although I certainly should have looked into the RT, the whole story is there.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

June 8th 2019, 2:33 am
It's been over five years since I added that quote so I don't exactly recall why that line isn't there, but I probably figured it wasn't necessary and didn't think someone would then interpret it as physical damage. Note the respect thread still lists all the fleet shenanigans under telepathy specifically.

---

As for why I put the Dread Masters so high, I might try to write something short tomorrow.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 8th 2019, 2:40 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:As for why I put the Dread Masters so high, I might try to write something short tomorrow.

Sounds good. The Dread Masters run the Banite Gauntlet - Page 2 1289255181
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

June 8th 2019, 7:18 am
Yeah tbh the Dread TPing muggles is better than anything I've seen from Plagueis?

Tenebrous vs Vivicar imho
AncientPower
AncientPower

June 8th 2019, 7:20 am
Gr8 b8 m8.

Tbh, Denova!Hero > Plagueis.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 8th 2019, 7:57 am
Yeah, I'm with ILS. If the best they have is mind fucking some fleets then I'm not impressed. The only other thing that comes to mind is them TP dominating the HoT but I see no reason to assume that's beyond Tenebrous or his master given they scale ludicrously above Bane who honestly has comparable feats to the Hero.
AncientPower
AncientPower

June 8th 2019, 8:11 am
Bane doesn't compare to Denova!Hero whatsoever. Nor is telekinetically dominating the Hero from across space the same as doing so in person.

They didn't merely TP fleets. Why do people continuously propose this? They destroyed fleets. In the Denova Operation final cutscene they dominate the Hero of Tython and whilst maintaining this domination, they resurrect Kephess from the dead(which Plagueis and Sidious had an orgasm over when they achieved the same), cut off the power of two fleets, and the Supreme Chancellor building on Coruscant. All whilst projecting themselves to entirely separate regions of space.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum