Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
darthbane77
darthbane77

Darth Vader V Exar Kun - Page 3 Empty Re: Darth Vader V Exar Kun

April 24th 2019, 11:04 pm
@LadyKulvax

Will come back to this tomorrow.
The Witness
The Witness

April 25th 2019, 2:16 am
darthbane77 wrote:
DeadlyJedi wrote:@Darthbane77 Ok cuz if Exar Kun is supposedly below Malak and Dooku, then I see no reason to believe why he shouldn't be below Vader too

Vader is significantly below Dooku himself, and Malak's domination of the Star Forge is something vastly beyond Vader's abilities, imo.

I think Dooku is being overrated here.
Nah there is nothing to suggest Vader is "significantly" below Dooku. And comparing their performances against Obi Wan doesn't work. Dooku's fighting style is specifically designed to exploit the weakness of a soresu defence. While Vader is all about brutally hammering on an oponent, which is the perfect counter to makashi as we saw with Anakin vs Dooku. And even still in the ROTS novel, Dooku didn't exactly stomp Obi Wan. He failed to break through his guard in a lightsaber duel, and only exploited him via a telekentic kick.
Anakin beat Dooku descively on IH, yet he didn't beat Obi Wan "discively" like Dooku did. That is because Obi Wan's use of soresu was the perfect counter to Anakin's djem so. Its not that simple. Just because Dooku beat Kenobi doesn't mean he is superior to Vader by any stretch of the imagination.

And If you are going to make the arguement that Anakin was "hindered" on Mustafar. Note that the novel or movie doesn't really delve deep into Anakin's emotional/physical state during the duel. This leaves me to question how hindered was Anakin? Was his hinderance that big ? Or is it just that Kenobi grew more powerful after his defeat against Dooku? And continued to grow more powerful after ROTS?
Then we have Lucas directly comparing Vader's power to that of Dooku and Maul's.
"But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor – he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that." This idea that Dooku is "significantly" above Vader to the point where he could stomp him is impossible if Dooku himself is significantly below the Emperor just like Vader and Maul are.
Malak's domination of the Star Forge is impressive sure. But Yareal Poof could contain an artifact capable of destroying worlds, yet nobody here has him particulary high.
Malak lost to a vastly pre prime Revan after besting armies of dark jedi on the Star Forge. So I fail to see how he is significantly above Vader as well or how he could one shot Kenobi as you suggested earlier.

Last edited by DeadlyJedi on April 25th 2019, 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

April 25th 2019, 2:20 am
Yarael Poof didn't though.
darthbane77
darthbane77

April 26th 2019, 4:45 pm
@LadyKulvax

Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to respond yet. Should be able to tomorrow,.
darthbane77
darthbane77

April 29th 2019, 8:24 pm
@LadyKulvax

Gonna put this on hold for a while. Shit kept coming up and I couldn't type out a long response. I'll get back to this when I can.

I figure you probably don't care too much. Just wanted to make it known that I haven't ducked out/forgotten about this conversation.
AncientPower
AncientPower

April 29th 2019, 8:41 pm
darthbane77 wrote:@LadyKulvax

Gonna put this on hold for a while. Shit kept coming up and I couldn't type out a long response. I'll get back to this when I can.

I figure you probably don't care too much. Just wanted to make it known that I haven't ducked out/forgotten about this conversation.

I'm working on a blog anyway, so no rush.
darthbane77
darthbane77

May 12th 2019, 10:08 pm
Should finally be able to get this now, hopefully. @LadyKulvax.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 13th 2019, 9:40 am
The Kun feat in jedi academy always looked circumstantial to me, given that it was Kun and Durron together who overwhelmed a hindered Luke. I would say he wins in a good fight.
AncientPower
AncientPower

May 14th 2019, 4:48 am
It is circumstantial but it doesn't matter given Kun's already confirmed to be pulling the weight the whole time anyway.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 14th 2019, 8:52 am
Sure, but he was on a dark side nexus and Luke was hindered by his emotions. I’m not sure he would be able to replicate it under normal circumstances.
AncientPower
AncientPower

May 15th 2019, 4:19 am
A dark side nexus that 1.He was causing and 2.Was stated to merely anchor him to the physical realm, it has never made any sense to me that people think Sith spirits can be amped by a nexus when they're literally the reason said spirit exists.

Worse, the temples aren't even strictly dark side aligned. The Jedi can use them too, as was proven by Darksaber.

It's stated outright that Kun is the greater threat than Kyp Durron, that Luke couldn't prevail against Kyp's full might, and that Kun empowering Kyp had allowed Kyp to defeat Luke.

The scaling is obvious and clearly stated. Living Kun is far more powerful than that.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 17th 2019, 3:43 pm
Vader smashes.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 17th 2019, 3:44 pm
Kun wins.
Ziggy
Ziggy

September 17th 2019, 3:47 pm
NotAA3 wrote:Kun wins.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 17th 2019, 3:50 pm
Either way
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 17th 2019, 4:04 pm
Good thing AP's not here or Kun would oneshot Sidious.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 17th 2019, 4:11 pm
Vader dust' him.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 17th 2019, 4:26 pm
Vader, good fight.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 17th 2019, 4:29 pm
@HellfireUnit: Lol

Kun dusts here. He scales above BFC Luke, who also dusts Vader.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 17th 2019, 4:37 pm
Kun gets no scaling over Luke, lmao. Kueller beat a Luke that was two time injured, hardly shows any superiority.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 17th 2019, 4:41 pm
I meant Leia going about Kun being the strongest she’s seen. Luke also went in about Kun being “one of the greatest focal points of the dark side” he’d ever seen
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 17th 2019, 4:42 pm
Kun has never been close to Luke, even a bit. Kyp was the main reason he put Luke into comatose in the first place. Also there are many disadvantages Luke had when he fought both Kun and Kyp.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 17th 2019, 4:49 pm
Kun dominates Luke without Kyp’s power too. Kun is >>> Kyp at this stage
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 17th 2019, 5:26 pm
Couldn't it be argued that Kun was just channeling Kyp's latent power instead of his own?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 17th 2019, 6:13 pm
Could see a case for either.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum