Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TheMuser
TheMuser

Ulic vs Qui-Gon Jinn  Empty Ulic vs Qui-Gon Jinn

March 29th 2020, 4:37 pm
Standard Rules
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Ulic vs Qui-Gon Jinn  Empty Re: Ulic vs Qui-Gon Jinn

March 29th 2020, 4:38 pm
Jinn should megastomp. His relativity to Darth Maul is much better than being buried infinitely down the main TOR scaling chain
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 29th 2020, 4:39 pm
if both are prime, then ulic imo. by a good bit too. idk about skill, but i think ulic is a good bit more powerful if we compare him to kun
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 29th 2020, 4:40 pm
Azronger wrote:Jinn should megastomp. His relativity to Darth Maul is much better than being buried infinitely down the main TOR scaling chain
> implies that maul can stomp more or less every in that era as well

HMMMMMMMM
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 29th 2020, 4:41 pm
Leaning Ulic.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

March 29th 2020, 4:50 pm
Jinn
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 29th 2020, 5:57 pm
jinn
Bart
Bart

March 29th 2020, 8:52 pm
Jinn. Qel-Droma is, like Az said, buried too much below various SWTOR characters.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 29th 2020, 9:32 pm
Ulic.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

March 29th 2020, 10:02 pm
Ulic stomps from having a way of channelling the Force that made AOTC Anakin too powerful. Where 15 year old Anakin was already > Jinn.
AncientPower
AncientPower

March 29th 2020, 10:18 pm
Azronger wrote:Jinn should megastomp. His relativity to Darth Maul is much better than being buried infinitely down the main TOR scaling chain

Ulic isn't buried. Both Kun and Nadd are far beyond Revan and Malak:

Mandalorian Scout & Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords wrote:"Freedon Nadd was a dark Jedi, he conquered Onderon long ago and became their king. The royal line is directly descended from him. The stories say that he was far worse than Revan and Malak ever were. This place is tainted and the Sith presence here makes the danger great."

"The soldier is correct. The dark side is strong here... and it will grant its strength to the Sith."

Furthermore, Kun's power made him the Dantooine Academy's most infamous graduate:

Dantooine, Worlds, Knights of the Old Republic, Games, Lucasarts.com wrote:The most notable feature of Dantooine is the Jedi academy, originally founded by Jedi Master Vodo-Siosk Baas. For generations now it has served to train promising Jedi Padawans, with several dozen students in attendance at any given time. The most infamous graduate, however, is that of Exar Kun, trained by Vodo-Siosk Baas himself. Exar Kun was a Jedi Apprentice that turned away from the light side to embrace the seductive power of ancient Sith magic. Forty years ago he began a war upon the Republic that had grave consequences, but through great effort and sacrifice on the part of the Jedi he was defeated. The legacy of his taint is slowly passing away in the wake of the Mandalorian Wars and the coming of a new Sith threat.

Given Kun's canonical superiority over Nihilus and him being a magnitude beyond Malak. That by itself is self-evident reason as to why the quote doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Kun isn't < Malak and never was.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

March 30th 2020, 7:53 am
Ulic stomps per being better at everything
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 30th 2020, 9:13 am
Nute_Chethray wrote:Ulic stomps per being better at everything

Reasons for Ulic being a better saber combatant?
AncientPower
AncientPower

March 30th 2020, 11:45 am
Probably stomping Warb Null; who's combative prowess equates to already being an expert swordsman prior to the armor bestowing him the immense combative prowess of Freedon Nadd and King Adas. He did that as a Jedi with his life being drained, on a nexus containing greater dark side power than anything Arca Jeth had ever felt. Which was stated to be 'immeasurable' aid to Null, a mere fraction of which is considered 'tremendous' aid to dark siders. That's prior to Ulic gaining 'tremendous' powers, beyond the imagination of AOTC Anakin Skywalker who when imparted with the same ability to harness the Force became too powerful. This is years after he's already surpassing prime Qui-Gon Jinn in power.

Not to mention Adas holocron scaling.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

March 30th 2020, 12:36 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:
Nute_Chethray wrote:Ulic stomps per being better at everything

Reasons for Ulic being a better saber combatant?
Oneshotting Null, stalemating Kun, stalemating a presumably rage-amped bloodlusted Sylvar without even posessing the force anymore
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

March 30th 2020, 2:27 pm
BartJinn. Qel-Droma is, like Az said, buried too much below various SWTOR characters.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

March 31st 2020, 1:58 pm
Bart wrote:Jinn. Qel-Droma is, like Az said, buried too much below various SWTOR characters.

Main scaling Ulic is bellow i can think of is:

Vitiate > Revan > Malak > Kun > ulic

Jinn:

Sidious > Dooku > Maul > Savage > TPM Maul > Jinn

Ulic isn't buried that low, and similar chains can be made for Jinn.
Geistalt
Geistalt

March 31st 2020, 5:07 pm
Nute_Chethray wrote:Sidious > Dooku > Maul > Savage > TPM Maul > Jinn
"Brother, I am an unworthy apprentice. I'm not like you; I never was."
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

April 1st 2020, 7:02 am
Geistalt wrote:
Still stated to be more powerful than TPM Maul, I'd show the scan but I have no idea where it is since my interest in Savage is too low to save scans of him.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

April 1st 2020, 7:31 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Geistalt wrote:

I honestly doubt this means anything. Savage has no knowledge of the training Maul received from Sidious or his strength as of TPM. It is nothing but a dramatic last words of a dying sex slave of Nightsisters.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 1st 2020, 12:32 pm
Eh... Savage has a TCW magazine head to head quote saying he has "more power and control" over the Force than Maul, but since that seems to be considering the Maul shortly after his revival, e.g struggling to TK his saber to his hand, that's hardly saying much. Maul was initially weaker than his TPM self if not in raw power then certainly combatively. Whereas by S5 Maul has:

-A quote stating he is "far more formidable" than Savage
-A quote where Kenobi compares Savage to TPM Maul insofar as he fights with an animalistic frenzy, whereas TCW Maul is more powerful, colder and more determined
-Filoni stating that Maul is a notch above the likes of Savage and Ventress, more in the "Vader realm", by virtue of his superior training
-Maul dominating Savage with ease and taking him as an apprentice
-Savage stating Maul has "become so powerful" between S4 and S5, which is mostly going to be shaking ring rust off

Most of these are a result of something Maul always had over Savage, which was far superior training and experience as a Sith.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 1st 2020, 12:35 pm
To add to ILS' points, you can see Maul's rustiness in the fight on the cargo ship. A tortured, previously unconscious Obi-Wan is matching Maul without too much effort at first until Maul starts to get back into it, where he lands several hits. By the time of Florrum, the two are fighting evenly in a one-on-one. The Maul that Savage rescued was more or less a shadow of his former self, so being more powerful and having more control than him doesn't extend to TCW Maul at his peak.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 1st 2020, 12:52 pm
12 years of rust + completely alien legs he has to adapt to yeah.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 1st 2020, 12:56 pm
Tbh, I can see Savage having an edge over Maul in untamed, raw power because Maul has lost so many midichlorians because his lower half is cybernetic.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

April 1st 2020, 12:58 pm
i agree, but idk if his fighting rustiness is all that prominent. He did fight and kill shit all the time before this hahaha he was just rusty with a saber, maybe. albeit, this feels like PIS, tbh, as sidious was without using for just as much, if not more, than him, and was completely fine. Maybe the mental impact was just that great after all
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum