Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nfactor1995
nfactor1995

Kylo Ren vs Darth Maul - Force Battle Empty Kylo Ren vs Darth Maul - Force Battle

March 24th 2020, 7:36 pm
Rise of Skywalker Kylo Ren.  Rebels era Darth Maul.  This is a Force only battle - no other weaponry involved.  Fight is to the death, on neutral ground, starting distance of 20 yards.  All canon feats allowed.

Who wins and why?
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Kylo Ren vs Darth Maul - Force Battle Empty Re: Kylo Ren vs Darth Maul - Force Battle

March 24th 2020, 8:56 pm
Best feat I recall from Maul is dragging a shuttle off a cliff while injured.

Ben meanwhile has that statue crashing feat thing.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Kylo Ren vs Darth Maul - Force Battle Empty Re: Kylo Ren vs Darth Maul - Force Battle

March 24th 2020, 10:41 pm
Definitely Kylo. Larger-scale feats before his prime and ragdolling multiple Jedi at once (granted, Luke's students don't appear to have been the most powerful of Jedi) should put him well above Maul's level.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 25th 2020, 6:45 am
Kylo wins.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

March 25th 2020, 8:28 am
Kylo
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 25th 2020, 8:29 am
Maul is <= Rebels Vader, so I dunno.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 25th 2020, 8:35 am
IG wrote:Maul is <= Rebels Vader, so I dunno.

Maul
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 25th 2020, 8:45 am
Kylo.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

March 25th 2020, 11:32 am

Reasoning?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 25th 2020, 11:37 am
kylo
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 25th 2020, 11:43 am
TheNuisanceBird wrote:

Reasoning?
Maul is superior to Ahsoka (while holding back, because he's trying to look feeble and weak), so he's logically close to Vader.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 25th 2020, 12:37 pm
🇪🇭
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 25th 2020, 12:43 pm
Maul is superior to Ahsoka (while holding back, because he's trying to look feeble and weak), so he's logically close to Vader.

Maul was originally going to die against Vader in a 44 minute episode before he moved on to face Ahsoka, which was Filoni's intent. No reason whatsoever to think he's close to Vader. Put up a fight, sure, but close? No.

OT: Kylo.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 25th 2020, 1:00 pm
BoD wrote:

Maul was originally going to die against Vader in a 44 minute episode before he moved on to face Ahsoka, which was Filoni's intent. No reason whatsoever to think he's close to Vader. Put up a fight, sure, but close? No.

OT: Kylo.
He was going to die... with no context whatsoever. He could've died in an extremely close fight. That argument has no basis in fact, nor reality. Filoni just said he would've died. I mean, you can lose a fight and still be extremely close, that's how Star Wars works.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 25th 2020, 1:21 pm
He was going to die... with no context whatsoever. He could've died in an extremely close fight. That argument has no basis in fact, nor reality. Filoni just said he would've died. I mean, you can lose a fight and still be extremely close, that's how Star Wars works.

There's no basis for it being a close fight, either. We already know Vader is distinctively superior to Ahsoka, there's no reason Maul should be above her by a meaningful enough degree to change that. 

Not to mention you have Maul himself making that pretty clear:

- Outright states he can't defeat Vader alone.

- Flees rather than try and get back up to get to the temple, which he's been waiting an extremely long time to activate.

- Is clearly distracted by Vader's arrival and tries to hurry Ezra to activate the Temple. 

It's pretty clear Maul was not meant to be a close match or near-equal for Vader. And before you claim "he was lying or pretending", this is inconsistent with Maul's character. He tends towards half-truths or omits information. He very rarely outright lies, which is exactly what saying "I cannot defeat Vader alone" would be.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 26th 2020, 7:33 am
Maul isn't superior to Ahsoka while holding back, that's complete nonsense. Maul was pretending to be weak and feeble when he met Ezra so that he can gain his trust because Ezra a child, Maul dropped the act when Ezra re-introduced Maul to Kanan and Ahsoka, who evidently weren't naive enough to fall for Maul's self victimisation act. The entire idea that there's a big gap between Ahsoka and Maul in the form of this "serious Maul > holding back Maul who's pretending to look feeble > Ahsoka" argument completely self destructs because Maul had a 2 minute fight with Ahsoka, and during that fight he is furious and frustrated with Ahsoka for getting in his way, and yet their fight resulted in a stalemate, not that I think Maul would've lost had the fight continued, but it's illogical for Maul to deliberately waste time holding back his strength in his fight with Ahsoka because he is clearly hell bent to get to the Sith holocron, corrupt Ezra into becoming his apprentice, exact revenge on all his enemies, all of which is shoved in our faces because he says "Power will be mine, Ezra... Will be mine! And there's nothing you can do to stop me!"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum