Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Empty The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020)

May 28th 2019, 5:47 am
Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)
"I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job."
Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT6PsTwoumYFvebvwN8l8ncbFaqreLrmC63mRGIK26yaA6Wd2bu

Centuries prior to birth, the Jedi who would become the most powerful in the galaxy was prophesied to destroy Tenebrae:

The Old Republic: Revan wrote:In a sudden moment of clarity he saw the Emperor lying defeated at the feet of a powerful Jedi, but that Jedi was neither Revan nor Meetra. And the Sith Lord knew what he had to do.

Lord Scourge, The Old Republic wrote:"Jedi, shining with the Force, lined up to destroy him. All were swept aside. Revan and the Exile were cast at my feet. Then, out of the shadows, one Jedi emerged to cut the Emperor down. That Jedi wore your face.

In my vision, I bowed to you and took a crown from the Emperor's head. It ended when you held his power in your hands.
"

As a Padawan on Tython, she is the strongest Jedi that Bengel Morr, the lone survivor of the destruction of the Jedi Temple, has ever known. Which includes the likes of Battlemaster Ven Zallow; an equal of Darth Malgus during the Sacking of Coruscant:

Bengel Morr, The Old Republic wrote:You are stronger than any Jedi I have known.

This is backed up by Master Orgus Din calling the newly-crowned Hero of Tython the most powerful Force user he's seen in decades:

Master Orgus Din, The Old Republic wrote:The Force is strong in you. Stronger than I've seen in decades.

Spoiler:

The Hero of Tython after only just leaving Coruscant defeats Valis, a Child of the Emperor, specifically selected from among his brethren by the Emperor himself:

This is incredibly impressive, as an average Child of the Emperor shrugged off the telekinesis of, and ragdolled with Force lightning, Act II Barsen'thor:

At this point, the Barsen'thor is far more powerful than Lord Vivicar, whose power caused a shift in the Force with his defeat:

The Old Republic wrote:You have faced and survived Lord Vivicar, who was possessed by the spirit of the ancient Sith Terrak Morrhage. You have ensured that Vivicar will never be a threat to the Jedi Order again. The plague is over.

Master Syo Bakarn has contacted you via holocom. The entire Jedi Council felt a shift in the Force when you defeated Vivicar.

Even Revan's spirit recognises that the Children of the Emperor are an immense threat on par with the Revanites:

Revan, Shadow of Revan wrote:"Your role in bringing light to the Revanites' conspiracy is only further proof of your tremendous skill and connection to the Force.  What's more, you've battled against the Children of the Emperor and triumphed where so many others fell."

The Hero subsequently travels to Tattooine to defeaf Lord Praven. This is an incredible feat, as Praven was one of the 50 Sith warriors, hand-selected by Darth Malgus to attack the Jedi Temple, each of them the strongest warriors of the empire:

Decieved Cinematic Trailer wrote:Under the command of Lord Angral, the Sith fleet approaches the Republic’s capital planet for the first time in centuries. In advance of the fleet, the strongest Sith Warriors have flown a stolen Republic ship into Coruscant’s orbit. Their mission is critical - to destroy the planet’s defense grid mainframe hidden in the heart of the Jedi Temple.

Praven, twelve years prior, defeated one of the Order's most famed duelists, Master Usma:

Lord Praven Codex Entry wrote:During the Sacking of Coruscant, Lord Praven killed Master Usma--one of the Jedi's most famous duelists--in an epic battle. But he spared Usma's young Padawan, telling her to seek him out once she had finished her training so they could face each other as equals. When she tracked him down years later, he honored his promise, sending her to the same fate as her Master.

Having been defeated by the Hero, and after joining the Jedi Order, he was stronger than ever:

Lord Praven, The Old Republic wrote:"It's a strange thing, saving lives instead of taking them. But it feels right. I'm stronger than I've ever been."

The Hero then faces and kills an enraged, prepared and bloodlusted Darth Angral before defeating the Emperor who has possessed Kira Carsen:

This is not only impressive due to the Emperor, but Darth Angral was selected over Darth Malgus, who gained equal fame, for a Dark Council seat in light of the Sacking of Coruscant:

Darth Angral Codex Entry wrote:A militaristic and maniacal Sith warlord famous for his brutal tactics, Darth Angral led the Imperial fleet that sacked Coruscant during the last war. Angral personally executed the Supreme Chancellor and was preparing to force an unconditional surrender when the Emperor unexpectedly signed a peace treaty with the Republic. Darth Angral was furious to see his victory dissolve into a protracted and unresolved cold war. Although his success on Coruscant opened a path to the Empire’s fabled Dark Council, Angral abandoned Sith politics to pursue a private agenda.

Furthermore, Darth Angral's mere holocron was so powerful that it put Ashara Zavros in a trance and corrupted her very essence despite her continued unwillingness to turn to the dark side:

At this point, the Hero of Tython has no equal amongst the Jedi Order:

Satele Shan, The Old Republic wrote:"We've lost one of our noblest Masters, but in his place stands a Jedi without equal."

The Hero has become the greatest weapon against the dark side there is:

Satele Shan, The Old Republic wrote:"But he also forged our greatest weapon against the darkness."

The Hero of Tython is now the Jedi Order's greatest warrior:

Tol Braga, The Old Republic wrote:"Warren was the order's greatest soldier in his day--now that role falls to you."

Revan finds consolation in the Hero's power, wishing the Hero had been with him to face the Sith Emperor:

Revan, The Old Republic wrote:"My only consolation is to see the Jedi still produce great warriors. Wish I'd had you at my side when I faced the Emperor."

"Knowing you're the vanguard of our Order gives me hope.
"

Having found the location of the Emperor's Space Fortress, the Hero is accompanied by Leeha Narizz, Warren Sedoru, Tol Braga and Kira Carsen, a team confirmed to be the most powerful Jedi in the Order:

The Old Republic Encyclopedia wrote:With Grand Master Satele Shan's support, Master Braga assembles a strike team of the strongest and most resolute Jedi in the order. Their goal is to pinpoint the Emperor's hidden fortress, capture the Sith leader alive, and turn him to the light side.

The Hero of Tython stalemates Lord Scourge in a duel:

The Old Republic wrote:You fought Lord Scourge to a standstill until he broke off the battle for some reason. See what he has to say in the throne room of the Emperor's fortress.

Lord Scourge is the Emperor's Wrath, a warrior enhanced by the Emperor's power, with centuries of experience in killing any Jedi or Sith too strong to be allowed to live:

The Old Republic Encyclopedia wrote:Entire generations of the Sith Dark Council have passed under the watchful eyes of the Emperor's personal executioner, the grim Lord Scourge. As the feared "Emperor's Wrath," Scourge enforced his Master's will for more than three centuries. When a Jedi grew too powerful or a Sith too ambitious, Scourge eliminated the threat. Conspiracy theories held that Scourge was a title rather than a man, for even pureblooded Sith are mortal... However, the Dark Council knew the truth. There was only one Scourge, his life prolonged by Sith alchemy, and his battle prowess enhance by the Emperor.

The attempt to capture and redeem the Emperor fails, and the Hero of Tython is corrupted to the dark side. Training for months as a Sith Lord:

The Old Republic wrote:The spirit of Master Orgus explained that during your confrontation with the Emperor, your mind was dominated, and you were temporarily turned to the dark side by his power. You’ve recovered your senses, but the Sith still believe you to be a slave to the Emperor’s will. Overseer Chaskar arrived to continue your training in the ways of the Sith.

The Hero of Tython breaks free of the Emperor's control and suppresses those memories. Escaping with Lord Scourge, who says the Hero has the power to stop the Emperor:

Lord Scourge, The Old Republic wrote:"I altered my loyalties to avert a threat to myself and you. Jedi are not alone in seeing the future. Centuries ago I had a vision of the Emperor destroying the galaxy. Republic, Empire, everything gone. This Jedi has the power to stop him."

The Hero of Tython travels to the Imperial Space Station Korriban's Flame and defeats an Emperor corrupted Leeha Narezz. As mentioned before, Leeha was one of the four most powerful Jedi in the Order prior to her fall:

The Old Republic wrote:MASTER TOL BRAGA has gathered a team of the galaxy's most powerful Jedi. Their goal: find the Emperor's hidden fortress, infiltrate its defenses, capture the Emperor and bring him back to the Jedi Order.

The Hero travels to Voss and defeats the most prolific, powerful and masterful alchemist in the Sith Empire, chosen by the Emperor himself for his abilities:

Lord Fulminiss Codex Entry wrote:Widely regarded as one of the greatest Sith sorcerers in the Empire, the enigmatic Lord Fulminiss is a master of the dark side’s most arcane and lethal aspects. The grotesque Harrower assassins are his most famous creation, but legend has it he once summoned a raging storm of pure Force energy that disintegrated a rebellious city of natives in the Imperial-conquered Jabiim system.

Darth Acina, The Old Republic wrote:"They are the only surviving work of the Empire's greatest alchemist, Lord Fulminiss. A Jedi Knight on Voss deprived us of his genius."

The Seeds of Rage Codex Entry wrote:The Sith Order is constantly seeking ways to fuse dark side power with technology, creating new and terrifying weapons for inflicting terror and despair on the Empire’s enemies. One of the greatest practitioners of Sith alchemy, Lord Fulminiss, devoted his life to developing insidious new devices for corrupting other life forms. The subterranean machines code-named “Seeds of Rage” were Fulminiss’s crowning achievement. The Seeds use a combination of low-frequency transmissions and pure dark side power to subtly manipulate the thoughts and emotions of any living creature nearby. Over time, victims of these devices are driven homicidally insane and contaminated by dark side energy.

Lord Scourge, The Old Republic wrote:"Lord Fulminiss. The Emperor isn't taking any chances with Voss."

Lord Fulminiss casually broke the minds of four Sith Lords:

(Skip to 3:20)

The Hero of Tython faces and defeats Warren Sedoru, once the 'greatest soldier' of the Jedi Order, now much more powerful after his fall:

Warren Sedoru, The Old Republic wrote:"I've tasted true power. I'll never return to the Jedi."

The Hero travelled to Corellia and defeated fallen Master Tol Braga:

The Fall of Tol Braga Codex Entry wrote:Once a respected member of the Jedi Council and its most fervent advocate for peace, Master Tol Braga now willingly serves the Sith Emperor. His confrontation with that foe showed him the nature of true evil and revealed a powerful force he had grossly underestimated. Master Braga’s failure to redeem the Emperor broke his spirit. With his pride and faith shattered, he succumbed to nihilistic despair. Unlike Warren Sedoru and Leeha Narezz, Master Braga did not require the Emperor’s oppressive domination to remain obedient. He knowingly surrendered to the power of the dark side, believing it was his punishment for allowing pride to blind him to the Sith’s true nature.

Tol Braga faced Dark Council member Sajar in a three-day long duel, before redeeming him:

Tol Braga, The Old Republic wrote:"Sajar is no ordinary Padawan. He was once a Sith Lord. A member of the Empire's Dark Council. We dueled on Dantooine. Fought for three days. I won when I convinced him to abandon the dark side and train as a Jedi."

Tol Braga Codex Entry wrote:Respectfully referred to as “the conscience of the Jedi Order,” Master Tol Braga is a thoughtful scholar, a wise strategist and an avowed pacifist. His greatest achievement as a Jedi to date was when he dueled Sith Lord Darth Sajar to a draw–and then convinced the enemy to abandon the path of darkness and train as a Jedi.

The Hero broke the Emperor's influence over Tol Braga:

The Hero of Tython, The Old Republic wrote:I successfully broke the Emperor's domination over him. Master Braga is on his way to Tython.

The Hero states she's grown stronger since the defeat of the Strike Team on the Emperor's Space Fortress:

The Hero of Tython to Satele Shan, The Old Republic wrote:"I'm stronger than the last time we met."

Having discovered the Emperor's location, the Hero of Tython launches an attack on Kaas City:

Lord Scourge, The Old Republic wrote:"Dromund Kaas is the Imperial capitol. Legions of Sith call it home. The remaining population is almost entirely Imperial military. We're invading a planet of people who want us dead. We'll have to fight for every centimeter of ground."

Dromund Kaas was an incredibly powerful dark side nexus. Even after 3,700 years of dormancy, it could corrupt Kyle Katarn, block the senses of Ben Skywalker, and drastically slow the reflexes of Jaina Solo and the legendary Grand Master Luke Skywalker:

Fate of the Jedi: Ascension wrote:Luke stood for a moment, his eyes and other senses searching the landscape. “Anyone sense anything?
Ben extended himself in the Force, both opening himself to the vile sensation of the dark side and utilizing his senses—even smell, temporarily at least—to gather what information he could.
Other than the obvious, which is a metric ton of dark-side energy, I can’t sense anything,” Jaina said.

Fate of the Jedi: Ascension wrote:It’s…so strong,” Vestara breathed. Ben glanced over at her. Her brown eyes were wide, and her voice was a mixture of horror and attraction.
Vestara,” Luke said, sharply but not angrily, and she blinked as if coming out of a daze. “Do you sense any signs of the Sith or Abeloth?
She shook her head, looking more like her usual alert self. “No. That nexus pretty much drowns out anything else.

Fate of the Jedi: Ascension wrote:Luke and Jaina were fighting back-to-back. The Sith attacking them had two advantages. One was the fact that they outnumbered the two Jedi. The second was that they were being reinforced by the emanations of the dark-side nexus within the temple. It surged forth like psychic sewage, clogging the Jedi’s reflexes as it fueled their enemies.

Though the Emperor was incredibly weakened from his efforts to fuel the Dark Ritual, the Hero of Tython did give him time to gather his strength in preparation for their battle:

Lord Scourge, The Old Republic wrote:"You gave the Emperor time to gather his strength. We are all fortunate to be alive."

Saving the rest of her crew spent considerable amounts of her Force reserves prior to facing the Emperor:

The Emperor, The Old Republic wrote:"You dissipated your energy saving the weak, there are consequences."

Regardless, the Hero defeats and subsequently ragdolls the Emperor, pulling a large column out of the ceiling to crush him:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 4608265-1486388218-l6Rwx
Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 4501622-8505441353-Kj9rJ

The Emperor is stated to be no match:

The Old Republic wrote:The Emperor lies beaten at your feet. For all his power, he was no match for you. Now you must decide his ultimate fate.

The Emperor still had enough power, even after being crushed and killed, to bring down the Dark Temple; as well as essence transferring to Yavin IV to slumber and regain his strength:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 6504032-3779173-3743166516-4kjm3-2

This is even more impressive when you consider that the Dark Temple was purposefully designed to contain the power of hundreds of powerful Sith spirits, such as Lord Kallig:

The Old Republic Encyclopedia wrote:The temple's twisted, grotesque architecture was specifically designed to focus and contain such corrupt darkness.

Last edited by LadyKulvax on March 6th 2020, 3:40 am; edited 4 times in total
AncientPower
AncientPower

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Empty Re: The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020)

May 28th 2019, 5:47 am
Lord Scourge says that if the Hero had been trained a Sith, she would be unmatched:

Lord Scourge, The Old Republic wrote:"Had you been instructed in the true way of the Force, the galaxy could not match your power. I will make sure that mistake does not happen again. It is too late to turn you fully from the light...but should your children have a connection to the Force, I will see them properly trained.”

“A Sith Lord of my blood...it’s an intriguing thought.”

“She would have power such as the galaxy has never seen.”

He also compares the Hero of Tython to the legends Revan and the Jedi Exile:

Lord Scourge, The Old Republic wrote:"Revan and the Exile were much like you. They truly believed that they could destroy the Dark Lord. I believed them, too."

He even deems the Hero of Tython to be the finest Jedi there is:

Lord Scourge, The Old Republic wrote:You are the Jedi's finest.

The Hero's lightsaber skill was a match for the legendary Darth Malgus:

The Hero of Tython, The Old Republic wrote:"Malgus' lightsaber form was flawless, but he let his anger and desperation cloud his fighting."

The Hero ultimately aids in defeating the 'False Emperor' Darth Malgus. Darth Malgus was one of the most powerful Sith ever, even as of the Sacking of Coruscant:

Deceived Novel Trailer wrote:In Deceived, you’ll learn the story of Darth Malgus and his rise to power. Delve into the dark secrets and history that shaped one of the most powerful Sith Lords the Old Republic would ever know…

Deceived wrote:The second novel set in the Old Republic era and based on the massively multiplayer online game Star Wars: The Old Republic, ramps up the action and brings readers face-to-face for the first time with a Sith warrior to rival the most sinister of the Order's Dark Lords—Darth Malgus, the mysterious, masked Sith of the wildly popular Deceived and Hope game trailers.

Malgus, prior to the Sacking of Coruscant, could 'shatter' Republic military fortifications single-handedly:

The Old Republic Encyclopedia wrote:Republic defenders lucky enough to flee these battles told of Malgus striding confidently at the front of his armies and single-handedly shattering fortifications.

The Hero of Tython is among the most powerful heroes of the galaxy at this point and subsequently aids in defeating Soa, the Infernal One:

swtor.com wrote:Buried deep in the icy mountains of Belsavis, a prison housing an ancient and deadly entity has been uncovered. Both the Republic and the Empire understand the threat that the prison poses, and both sides now send their most powerful heroes to confront and eliminate this powerful foe once and for all.

Soa was capable of snapping in half roughly 50-foot tall statues dense enough that they could dislodge an enormous Rakatan cage:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 47936010

A being so strong that an army of Rakatans, Sith, Gree and more couldn't kill him:

Threnoldt, The Old Republic wrote:The legends say it took an army to stop the Infernal One before the Rakata and the other ancients locked him away with his weapons. If we don’t do anything, though, the war against the Republic may be nothing next to what’ll come.

The Old Republic wrote:The Eternity Vault was for the ones they couldn't kill.

He had to be imprisoned in the Eternity Vault, which was powered by a core that could destroy multiple solar systems:

Doctor Gentrell, The Old Republic wrote:"It's far, far worse than that. The power core derives energy from hyperspace itself. A detonation will send shock waves at lightspeed. Belsavis' destruction is only the beginning. The shockwaves will annihilate this entire system - and consume the ones adjacent to it. Trillions will die!"

Per Charles Boyd, the in-game timeline of events between the Battle of Ilum and Knights of the Fallen Empire Chapter 1 is the same as the timeline of real life release dates:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 340?cb=20160228202654

Thus, the Hero of Tython has undergone ten months of power growth since the 'death' of Darth Malgus, engaging in the renewed war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire.

The Hero of Tython aids in defeating an extragalactic entity, known only as the Terror From Beyond, with the power to destroy the galaxy:

swtor.com wrote:It’s up to your team to close the Ancient Hypergate, opened by the deadly and malicious Dread Masters, and destroy a galactic goliath before it destroys the galaxy!

Five months later, Supreme Chancellor Saresh now considers the Hero of Tython to be the Republic's single greatest asset:

Supreme Chancellor Saresh wrote:You are our greatest asset.

On Makeb, the Hero uses the Force to close an enormous 'light bridge' from a great distance:

(Skip to 5:50)

The Hero single-handedly defeats the 'ultimate' Isotope-5 droid, Toborro's Glittering Fury. Isotope-5 Droids are advanced war droids unlike any ever seen. Powered by an energy source so powerful that it would make the Hutt Cartel the indisputable galactic superpower:

Isotope-5 Droids Codex Entry wrote:The mineral isotope-5 is the Hutt Cartel’s key to technological advances that will make it the galaxy’s undisputed military superpower. Scientists speculate that a single microgram of isotope-5 is enough to power a large datapad for an entire century. The Hutts are not interested in such peaceful applications, however. Unbeknownst to Makeb’s rightful government, Hutt-employed scientists have designed and manufactured advanced war droids unlike anything the galaxy has seen. These isotope-5 droids are powered by fuel rods that generate impressive energy shields and devastating blaster fire. Toborro the Hutt has deployed isotope-5 droids to attack civilian settlements and resistance forces. Although these early models are clearly “expendable” prototype designs, they are remarkably effective. Toborro is likely holding even more advanced isotope-5 droids in reserve.

Isotope-5 Codex Entry wrote:A mineral unknown in the rest of the galaxy, isotope-5 was secretly discovered during Hutt-backed deep-core mining operations on the planet Makeb. Named for the fifth known isotopic variation of an element normally found in neutron stars, isotope-5 has powerful warping effects on gravitational and electromagnetic fields even in miniscule quantities. Early research into isotope-5’s potential as an energy source is extraordinarily promising. The substance is relatively stable, and particle bombardment could theoretically induce a desired state in the isotope to channel various forms of energy.

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Images11

The Hero quickly learns that Dread Master Styrak was the driving force behind Hutt aggression towards the Republic and soon aids a team in killing him:

swtor.com wrote:Dread Master Styrak has emerged and has recruited over the planet of Darvannis with his army of Cartel mercenaries. Anxious to capture the rogue Sith, the Republic & the Empire have sent a strike team to the harsh desert planet of Darvannis in order to kill the Dread Master and lift a heavy burden from the Galaxy.

Styrak single-handedly dominated the minds of an army of Hutt Cartel soldiers and mercenaries:

Master Gnost-Dural, A Record of the Dread Masters wrote:"Most recently, the Dread Masters attempted to bolster their forces by once again manipulating the shattered Hutt Cartel. A vast assembly of mercenary and pirate arms, vehicles, and personnel was gathered on Darvannis, ostensibly to vie for Cartel contracts. Instead, the Dread Master known as Styrak attempted to overwhelm and convert the mercenaries into service among the Dread Host."

He was even capable of resurrecting them:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 48191310

Dread Master Styrak, The Old Republic wrote:"These riffraff were brought together for a purpose - our purpose. They are but clay, and we the sculptors. They will serve even in defeat. Stand and fight, slaves. Defend your Dread Masters!"

He was an even greater alchemist than Lord Fulminiss was and was the one responsible for creating rituals that gave the Dread Masters their power:

Dread Master Styrak Codex Entry wrote:The Dread Masters possess incredible, unprecedented power over the dark side of the Force; a power developed through rituals created by one of their own, the incomparable Sith alchemist known as Styrak. Even before Styrak became one of the Dread Masters, his superior intellect and sadistic experiments on subjects both living and dead were infamous. Hundreds, perhaps even thousands of slaves and beasts have been claimed by Styrak’s heartless pursuit of mastery over the Force. Styrak is also the most individualistic of the Dread Masters: whether out of pride or supreme confidence, he is the one most likely to strike out alone in pursuit of the group’s goals. Rumors have long suggested that the Dread Masters only possess their full power when acting together, but so far, no one has dared to test the rumor by challenging Styrak during any of his “excursions”.

After the death of Styrak, the war against Oricon begins in earnest:

A Record of the Dread Masters wrote:Since that time, the remaining five Dread Masters—Brontes, Tyrans, Calphayus, Bestia, and Raptus—have remained in hiding. Despite the loss of Styrak and other setbacks, we know for a fact that the Dread Masters still have a vast army of fanatical soldiers at their command, as well as a collection of powerful and ancient technologies that lie well outside of our scientific understanding. Furthermore, the Dread Masters’ ability to induce widespread terror, paranoia, and hallucinations may not have been affected by Styrak’s death, and I have found nothing in my studies that would suggest any foolproof defense against their power, either for you or your forces.

The task ahead of you will no doubt present one of the greatest challenges anyone in our order has faced. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information to aid you.

May the Force be with you.

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Tumblr_mm18g5isCN1qfcqfdo3_500

The Dread Masters were a galactic level threat:

Star Wars the Old Republic wrote:A dark presence is growing on Oricon, threatening to engulf the galaxy in an endless night of fear.

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSMlj0v_F3Rbk4HQcWLQ_7Cr7Fc4MARQrg0ECn7K0hcWbJZ257n

Dread Masters Codex Entry wrote:At first blush, there is nothing at all remarkable about the remote, rocky sphere called Oricon. However, anyone with an affinity for the Force can sense that the Outer Rim moon is immeasurably strong with the dark side. Fitting, then, that the rogue Sith lords known as the Dread Masters have claimed Oricon as their home.

The once-lifeless moon now brims with creatures from across the galaxy that have been experimented on, corrupted with dark energy and driven to frenzy by the Dread Masters. It is also a starship graveyard, its surface littered with Republic and Imperial ships torn apart by dark waves of madness and fear. There can be no doubt: Oricon has become one of the most hazardous destinations in the galaxy.

Defending Oricon is the Dread Guard:

Star Wars the Old Republic website wrote:Explore the ship-strewn, mysterious landscape of Oricon as you battle the deadly Dread Guard and their minions.

A Record of the Dread Masters wrote:Since betraying the Empire, the Dread Masters have quickly amassed a military force of their own, which they refer to as their “Dread Host”. Our research suggests that very few members of this force are willing volunteers; most are former Republic and Imperial personnel whose minds have been irreparably dominated by the power of the Dread Masters. Efforts to question or treat captured members of the Dread Host have been entirely unsuccessful. The constant psychological manipulations of the Dread Masters have rendered their followers both completely loyal and incurably, paranoically insane.

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTSG_43K6rZ86FxXPvbXNqPB6pvuaOmQtlEuwVJ0yvSy-67XKP7

This leads to an attack on the Dread Fortress itself which the Battlemaster aids in:

Dread Fortress Codex Entry wrote:Oricon is a remote moon that is immeasurably strong with the dark side – a perfect home for the feared Dread Masters!"
Centuries ago, a group of Sith lords were sent to Oricon to study the arcane and powerful Phobis devices. When these Sith reemerged from their work as the Dread Masters, they did so with the intent of making Oricon their home. With the Emperor’s blessing, they transported thousands upon thousands of slaves to the moon to build a massive fortress. Surrounded by deep pools of fiery lava, the fortress protects against all would-be invaders. Its impenetrable gates, powerful droids, and vicious, corrupted monstrosities guard a towering palace that contains the Dread Masters’ private chambers, where the Masters practice their dark arts. Once construction was completed, the Dread Masters used the fortress compound to expend their slaves in experiments designed to test the limits of the Phobis devices, and to explore the outermost boundaries of fear.

Inside, they first come across the alchemically enhanced Nefra, a beast warped by Brontes:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRikPZk5vCrFUzxS2XxJy7eRUv217F4QTrNICzQVAwYO-FOrOEg

Then Commander Draxus of the Dread Host:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS-5sLy_jT92P9p6TWlhV62pu292FEggEeQDbn5qB0btyMNzVAz

And then Grob'Thok, an enormous alchemically-enhanced, armoured, 'dread forged' rancor:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Dread-Forged-Rancor

Before facing Corruptor Zero, head of the Dread Host's droid army:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 450?cb=20150719214131

Ultimately facing and defeating Dread Master Brontes herself:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Tumblr_pq1b9blp7F1wen5mwo3_500
Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Tumblr_pq1b9blp7F1wen5mwo4_500
Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Tumblr_pq1b9blp7F1wen5mwo6_500

Dread Master Brontes Codex Entry wrote:Long ago, when the Dread Masters began their investigation of the Phobis devices, Brontes led the research, risking her own sanity in the process. She is a consummate scholar and Force adept, generally accepted as the wisest of the Dread Masters in lore and ancient secrets.

Much about Brontes has been forgotten by the other Dread Masters--and even Brontes herself. It is known, however, that Brontes had been a major contributor to the Sith Academy archives, and her insights into the nature and purpose of sacred artifacts led to the construction of the Dark Temple.

After Brontes retreats, they attack the Dread Palace within:

Star Wars the Old Republic website wrote:Make your way beyond the Dread Fortress to the foreboding palace of the Dread Masters and battle towards the final confrontation with the galaxy’s greatest threat.

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSmWx18nVmIyi4QH2HAc-AUbOydKearGSwEUg0lGYQsxEaEsSU3

Within the Dread Palace, the Battlemaster aids in defeating Dread Master Bestia, who summons a legion of alchemical monstrosities before they can actually face and defeat her directly:

Bestia, Star Wars the Old Republic wrote:My pets are legion! Behold!

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 1639723102_916107660

Bestia herself is possibly the most powerful individual Dread Master:

Dread Master Bestia Codex Entry wrote:Perhaps the most powerful of the Dread Masters...

Centuries prior, as a Sith apprentice, Bestia brutally crushed a slave rebellion on Ziost single-handedly and this display was so impressive that the Emperor himself selected her to join the union that would successfully study the Phobis devices:

Dread Master Bestia Codex Entry wrote:Bestia first made a name for herself when, as a Sith apprentice, she singlehandedly crushed a slave rebellion on Ziost. This accomplishment brought her to the attention of the Emperor, who invited her to join a group of Sith to study the ancient and powerful Phobis devices.

To be selected for this task requires Force power and willpower of an absolutely monumental level, as any Sith inadequate would be driven mad immediately:

Phobis Devices Codex Entry wrote:Fear is a powerful weapon, and those who wield it can rule the galaxy. The Phobis devices were constructed for just that purpose. Brimming with dark energy, their mere presence was enough to spark crippling horror in the bravest of minds. Many Sith who meditated on the devices were driven mad by their attempt. Only the lost Sith Dread Masters successfully harnessed and perfected the Phobis devices’ frightening power. Three known Phobis devices exist, and the Emperor sealed one of them–the Core–within his Dark Temple. Although its dormant components have been scavenged, the Phobis Core remains active and will likely spread fear and hysteria for generations to come.

Essentially, the Emperor hand-picked the Sith he believed were powerful enough to undergo this study. Making Bestia one of the strongest Sith of her era, before the union ever even gave them the power of the devices.

With Bestia pushed back, the champions fight further into the Dread Palace and face Dread Master Tyrans:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Cdx.persons.operation.oricon.dread_master_tyrans

Not unlike the other Dread Masters, Tyrans is very powerful:

Dread Master Tyrans Codex Entry wrote:As with the other Dread Masters, Tyrans is a formidable foe who will gladly display his impressive mastery of the dark side of the Force when needed.

However, as Tyrans is a consummate strategist and planner, he used the time it took to best Brontes and Bestia to prepare for his own showdown:

Dread Master Tyrans Codex Entry wrote:One of the most perceptive Dread Masters, Tyrans is never one to act without a plan in place. "Speak little and listen much" is his creed; he prefers to take measure of his opponents before he engages them, employing complex strategies to take advantage of their weaknesses. One of Tyrans' favored tactics is to use his insights to set his enemies at each other's throats.

Which Tyrans forced to teleport away, the strike team comes across Dread Master Calphayus.

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Cdx.persons.operation.oricon.dread_master_calphayus

Calphayus is a prophetic Force seer whose visions are so accurate that they spared the Sith Empire from countless disasters:

Dread Master Calphayus Codex Entry wrote:The Dread Masters are not only masters of fear, but of prophecy, and Calphayus has greater insight into the future than any of his fellow Masters. For centuries, his visions of what might come to pass spared the Sith Empire from slave rebellions, Republic ambushes and internal disruptions many times over. As Calphayus sees the threads of many futures that might come to pass at any one time, it can be difficult for most to comprehend his insights.

Given this ability to comprehend the possibilities of the future, Calphayus is uniquely dangerous and difficult to defeat. Thus, unpredictability and adaptation would've been crucial in his defeat. Worse yet, the coalition force had to fight through telepathic visions and couldn't even determine what was real when facing him:

Star Wars the Old Republic wrote:Dread Master Calphayus is flooding your mind with visions of the past and future!

This Calphayus is only a vision and cannot be defeated.

After Calphayus, they had to face Dread Master Raptus.

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Cdx.persons.operation.oricon.dread_master_raptus

Raptus is insidiously manipulative and persuasive, even confronting him in a war of words is incredibly dangerous:

Dread Master Raptus Codex Entry wrote:Darkly eloquent and persuasive, he is known for manipulating through words, convincing others to lose all sense of hope or reason, or to even act against their very natures. While the captured Dread Masters were in transit to Belsavis, Raptus compelled a trio of hardened Republic soldiers to end their own lives by simply talking to them.

Raptus was not just a man of words, he was capable of forcefully teleporting the entire strike team across the planet of Oricon into a place called the Sanctuary of Nightmares:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 4819006-8429147968-3dBYE

Raptus is not successful however, and regroups with all the other Dread Masters:

The Dread Masters are immortal and thus resurrect Dread Master Styrak mid-battle:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Maxresdefault

Dread Master Calphayus, The Old Republic wrote:"Our union has transcended death."

The Dread Masters now united, fall to the strike team:

The Hero of Tython, The Old Republic wrote:"For all their bluster the Dread Masters were still human."

With the Dread Masters dead, or in Calphayus' case, recovered by the Jedi Order. The Jedi move to attack Korriban and the Hero of Tython leads the assault:

Theron Shan, The Old Republic wrote:"We don't need to tell you how tough this will be. The Sith Academy is one of the most secure locations in the entire galaxy."

Upon entering the Dark Council chamber, the Hero faces Dark Council member Darth Soverus:

Darth Soverus, The Old Republic wrote:"Only the greatest of all Sith are permitted to set foot in these chambers. You profane our entire history with your presence alone."

The Dark Council Codex Entry wrote:"While the undying Emperor serves as the unquestioned leader of the Empire, the twelve members of the Dark Council oversee the daily workings of their vast civilization and speak in the Emperor's name. Each is among the most powerful Sith in the galaxy; to hold a seat on the council is the highest honor and the greatest position of influence a Sith can attain."

The Hero of Tython has brief access to a library of 'arcane and taboo knowledge' accumulated by the Emperor himself and aids in its recovery:

Taking The Sith Academy Codex Entry wrote:To disrupt the path of Sith apprentices hoping to one day become Dark Lords, even if it’s for a moment, would be seen as a victory to many. But the true value of capturing the Sith Academy lies within the restricted halls and chambers of the Dark Council. Though Sith are known to destroy sources of information in order to obfuscate the truth, the Emperor had accumulated a vast repository of arcane and taboo knowledge which is now believed to be curated by the Dark Council. This “dark library” could potentially be used to serve the Republic’s interests instead of the Empire’s–if administered with great caution.

As soon as the Hero and the Republic forces are successful in the mission, they are called to aid Tython which is being bombed with Isotope-5 weapons by an Imperial fleet:

The Hero of Tython, The Old Republic wrote:"It's time to make the Empire wish they'd never even heard of Tython."

The Hero of Tython single-handedly prevents the Tython attack from being much worse than it was and the actions displayed on Korriban and Tython within one day were so impressive that the Hero is awarded the Medal of Valor from the Supreme Chancellor, faster than anyone in history:

Colonel Darok, The Old Republic wrote:"This could have been much worse. Thanks to you, the Empire only bloodied our nose."

"Even so, you've just won two critical battles for the Republic. Back-to-back. You're a hero, and heroes deserve to be recognised. The Medal of Valor. No commendation this prestigious has ever been awarded so quickly. The Supreme Chancellor was impressed, as am I. Congratulations."

The timings of the simultaneous attacks on Tython and Korriban cause immense suspicion in Theron Shan who enlists the help of the Hero of Tython to uncover the truth on Manaan. Realising that Colonel Darok and Darth Arkous simultaneously robbed ancient Rakatan technology from both planets. After some leads, they are led to Lehon where it's clear that the Order of Revan now Revanites, are building an army imbued with the wreckage of the Star Forge:

Theron Shan, The Old Republic wrote:"The cyborg technology you encountered on Manaan was just the prototype, on Rakata Prime they're in full production. They're taking pieces of the Star Forge and implanting them in their own people."

"The pieces of debris are still active though. They self-repair and even self-replicate under the right circumstances. With that technology grafted to their bodies, the Revanites have become much harder to stop."

After fighting through this incredibly tough army, the Hero of Tython with the Wookiee Jakarro fights and kills Darth Arkous who is aided by Colonel Darok. Darth Arkous was a Dark Council member and veteran of the Great Galactic War:

Darth Arkous Codex Entry wrote:Through all the recent upheaval in the Dark Council, it is the sphere of Military Offense that has seen the most turbulence. After the brief and fiery tenure of Darth Arho, and the failed schemes of Darth Vengean before that, it was imperative that an even-tempered, long-trusted Sith take up the affairs of the Imperial military. Enter Darth Arkous, veteran of the Great Galactic War and passionate loyalist. With deep influence and fervent support from across the Empire’s political landscape, Arkous is in a position to engage in grand offensive strategies without fear of interference–exactly the sort of bold maneuvering the Empire could use as it struggles to emerge from the brink of defeat.

It is hence revealed that the true mastermind behind the conspiracy is none other than Revan himself:

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS3RHTn_GcAhbO0FCF3nR6VaRCnD8kZdW9mS-4X6kC05FAW-2PS

Upon investigating the Revanite threat on Rishi, the Hero is visited by the spirit of his forner master, Orgus Din who confirms that the Hero has done nothing but fight since the start of the Dark Ritual crisis:

Spirit of Master Orgus Din, Shadow of Revan wrote:"Since you set out to defeat the Emperor, you've been fighting almost nonstop. You've been waist-deep in dirt and fear and blood. Since the Emperor's fall, the war's only gotten uglier."

Orgus Din has the Hero go through some manual labor to improve the living situations of the people of Rishi. This is done because Orgus states that the Hero has lasting damage committed by the Emperor. A hole in the Hero's spirit. Through these tasks, the Hero is made much more powerful:

Master Orgus Din & The Hero of Tython, The Old Republic wrote:"What we did today- I lied a bit. This wasn't just about helping Rishi or reminding you why you fight. It was about healing an old scar you've almost forgotten. One that still aches inside you."

"The Emperor."

"You were under his control, his darkness soaked through to your spirit. When we freed you, you pushed the memories of that training down deep. I can bring those memories back. You're strong enough to handle them. Let the light cure them, make you whole."

"The Emperor immersed me in the dark side. Darth Revan was the only other Jedi to come back from that. My memories of that time are power. That power is my right and my weapon. I claim it."

Last edited by LadyKulvax on March 6th 2020, 11:54 pm; edited 14 times in total
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) Empty Re: The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020)

May 28th 2019, 2:02 pm
Great RT tbh. Filled to the brim with content.
AncientPower
AncientPower

May 29th 2019, 12:01 pm
The Cosmic Force wrote:Great RT tbh. Filled to the brim with content.

You were saying?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 29th 2019, 1:19 pm
Eh
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 29th 2019, 3:40 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:
The Cosmic Force wrote:Great RT tbh. Filled to the brim with content.

You were saying?

How filled to the brim with content your RT is...
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 29th 2019, 6:19 pm
I'll take a read through tomorrow, it'll probably be good.
AncientPower
AncientPower

May 29th 2019, 7:17 pm
I'd keep in mind that I'm only half-way done.
AncientPower
AncientPower

May 30th 2019, 9:55 am
Updated post two, though I'm far from finished.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

May 30th 2019, 3:42 pm
Good stuff. It seems as though people more or less ignore/turn a blind eye to just how powerful the HoT should be, even by SOR.
AncientPower
AncientPower

May 31st 2019, 10:58 pm
Post two updated further. Been taking me awhile to gather sources.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 1st 2019, 9:15 am
Gewd work so far.
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

October 21st 2019, 5:01 pm
Very impressive. Hope to see more.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

February 8th 2020, 2:03 pm
Great thread. Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 1289255181
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

February 8th 2020, 7:58 pm
Respect Thread - The Hero of Tython/Outlander/Slayer of the Emperor Respect Thread (2020) 1289255181
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

February 23rd 2020, 1:37 pm
Great to see HoT finally getting some respect. Well done 👍.
AncientPower
AncientPower

February 24th 2020, 1:58 am
Updated the Dread Masters encounters in post 2.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

February 24th 2020, 7:04 am
Nice.
AncientPower
AncientPower

March 1st 2020, 9:11 pm
Dread Masters section finished, will move on up to the SOR expansion.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum