Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) Empty Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only)

May 26th 2019, 3:20 pm
Legends only
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) Empty Re: Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only)

May 26th 2019, 3:22 pm
Duo stomp.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) Empty Re: Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only)

May 26th 2019, 3:22 pm
Revan, though not for reasons people would think. The duo would be too much otherwise.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

May 26th 2019, 3:23 pm
What reasons?
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

May 26th 2019, 3:24 pm
DarthNygaxFan77 wrote:What reasons?

Depends how long Ventress lasts honestly.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

May 26th 2019, 3:26 pm
Yeah DarthNygaxFan77 wrote:What reasons?

Coming soon. 

58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) 1019854026
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 26th 2019, 3:34 pm
Revan.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

May 26th 2019, 3:43 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Yeah DarthNygaxFan77 wrote:What reasons?

Coming soon. 

58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) 1019854026

Would you say that Revan would beat anyone below Maul level in a pure lightsaber duel?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 26th 2019, 4:00 pm
Revan.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

May 26th 2019, 4:03 pm
DC77 wrote:Revan.

What has Revan done that beats schooling mid-War Kenobi, and clowning 19 BBY Anakin while holding back, before cybernetic improvements that boost her rage and power? Staving off a trash tier strike team? Please.

Add in Grievous and it’s good night for Revan.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 26th 2019, 7:51 pm
Revan curbs
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 26th 2019, 7:53 pm
DarthNygaxFan77 wrote:

What has Revan done that beats schooling mid-War Kenobi, and clowning 19 BBY Anakin while holding back, before cybernetic improvements that boost her rage and power? Staving off a trash tier strike team? Please.

Add in Grievous and it’s good night for Revan.

He doesn't have a lot of saber feats, but Ventress is far too slow to keep up with him. This is essentially a "Sidious vs. B-team" scenario, where it doesn't matter how skilled Ventress is in comparison to Revan, because she simply can't keep up.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

May 26th 2019, 8:10 pm
DarthNygaxFan77 wrote:

and clowning 19 BBY Anakin while holding back

Scans?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

May 26th 2019, 8:13 pm
58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) WuFbQyXKzw7-aGnXEUPIUbwvRQiVWiEbBgErniw_ZJm_YEKmQ0K-RBa_gMra-f_2gLHM-JEzlJLn=s160058 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) ZxWYWxtuR7VRje0zvJVALYUJWJifYQVD5QU2UkeysYqZAnViGUn3OTSV0OB0UZtKfE4Z8pyG_Cks=s160058 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) PHB2PaP-24ar8Y4xzmhgrNPNGTxvzFA-oe1Jpk2AfS65nNMwsL1PnyAIubLC2j4twoz18-cVnu0P=s1600

I hope you're not referring to this fight? Since Anakin curbed her here.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

May 26th 2019, 9:57 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:He doesn't have a lot of saber feats, but Ventress is far too slow to keep up with him. This is essentially a "Sidious vs. B-team" scenario, where it doesn't matter how skilled Ventress is in comparison to Revan, because she simply can't keep up.

This would be relevant if there was any way to scale Revan's speed above Asajj's. So go ahead and make the case, but I can't imagine him being quicker than mid-19 BBY Anakin, whom Ventress dances around and tags.

DarthAnt66 wrote:I hope you're not referring to this fight? Since Anakin curbed her here.

You deliberately excluded certain parts of the fight, namely the ones that are relevant to this matchup - the actual lightsaber duel;
58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) Star_w11
58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) Star_w12

Note what Ventress says before it begins;

“Senator Padme Naberrie of Naboo, I believe. Pretty -- for a Jedi toy. Do your Masters know? Not that it matters.

I came to Coruscant seeking Vos, but he and Kenobi are not accessible at the moment. You, however, I can reach -- and we will start with pain.

First I will kill the thing you love, then I will kill you.”

Her goal is to murder Padme first, meaning she isn't attempting to kill Anakin here. This is clear during the duel as well;

"Why am I wasting time here with you? It shouldn't be that hard to find your beloved. The Senator dies first."

"I could have taken your head off that time, boy. Maybe with my next stroke, I will.

But first I wanted you to know that I could."

Despite this, she dances around Anakin, cutting him twice and landing kicks. Only after Anakin gives in to force rage does he start 'dominating.' This disingenuous agenda-pushing doesn't surprise me though, Anticus.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 26th 2019, 10:56 pm
This might be relevant if the duel occurred in 19 BBY.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

May 26th 2019, 10:58 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:This might be relevant if the duel occurred in 19 BBY.

19.48 BBY to be exact,  2 years, 6 months after the Battle of Geonosis. So it is relevant.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 26th 2019, 11:18 pm
DarthNygaxFan77 wrote:
SithArchaeologist wrote:This might be relevant if the duel occurred in 19 BBY.

19.48 BBY to be exact,  2 years, 6 months after the Battle of Geonosis. So it is relevant.

Nope. Timeline got shunted around with the advent of TCW. That fight was retconned to occur several months post-Geonosis.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

May 26th 2019, 11:20 pm
Are you referring to the timeline change, putting several battles within the first few weeks of the war, due to Anakin's Knighting date changing?

Because that doesn't work.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 26th 2019, 11:34 pm
DarthNygaxFan77 wrote:Are you referring to the timeline change, putting several battles within the first few weeks of the war, due to Anakin's Knighting date changing?

Because that doesn't work.

That, and the fact that Ventress left Dooku's employ long before this fight originally took place. Either it gets moved to just post AotC, or it is completely nullified.

Next.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

May 26th 2019, 11:39 pm
The extent to which we have to shift around the timeline - to a point where it's impossible to fit certain battles - is enormous. A simple explanation is that Ventress leaves and comes back to Dooku. For example if we try and move the old Legends timeline to fit in with the new TCW one, this material must occur within the first four weeks of the war;

The Cestus Deception
Changing Seasons Part 1 & 2
Secrets of the Jedi
Jedi Trial
Star Wars: Republic issues #55 - #58 (Battle of Jabiim)

This timeline change is impossible. The Battle of Jabiim alone goes for 45 days, add on the other conflicts, and it can’t all occur in the first four weeks. We must divert back to the original, intended dates for these events. Of course, this is obvious to anyone without an agenda; it's a simple solution.

'Next.'
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 26th 2019, 11:54 pm
DarthNygaxFan77 wrote:The extent to which we have to shift around the timeline - to a point where it's impossible to fit certain battles - is enormous. A simple explanation is that Ventress leaves and comes back to Dooku. For example if we try and move the old Legends timeline to fit in with the new TCW one, this material must occur within the first four weeks of the war;

The Cestus Deception
Changing Seasons Part 1 & 2
Secrets of the Jedi
Jedi Trial
Star Wars: Republic issues #55 - #58 (Battle of Jabiim)

This timeline change is impossible. The Battle of Jabiim alone goes for 45 days, add on the other conflicts, and it can’t all occur in the first four weeks. We must divert back to the original, intended dates for these events. Of course, this is obvious to anyone without an agenda; it's a simple solution.

'Next.'

No agenda here man, lol. Doesn't matter when in the war Ventress did this, Revan still runs circles around her. Still, you're missing something. Ventress gives Anakin his scar during that fight, but in TCW, he's shown with the scar long before then. The fight did not take place that far into the war, plain and simple.
O-Siri
O-Siri

May 27th 2019, 12:34 am
DarthNygaxFan77 wrote:
SithArchaeologist wrote:He doesn't have a lot of saber feats, but Ventress is far too slow to keep up with him. This is essentially a "Sidious vs. B-team" scenario, where it doesn't matter how skilled Ventress is in comparison to Revan, because she simply can't keep up.

This would be relevant if there was any way to scale Revan's speed above Asajj's. So go ahead and make the case, but I can't imagine him being quicker than mid-19 BBY Anakin, whom Ventress dances around and tags.

DarthAnt66 wrote:I hope you're not referring to this fight? Since Anakin curbed her here.

You deliberately excluded certain parts of the fight, namely the ones that are relevant to this matchup - the actual lightsaber duel;
58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) Star_w11
58 - Revan vs Ventress and Grievous (sabers only) Star_w12

Note what Ventress says before it begins;

“Senator Padme Naberrie of Naboo, I believe. Pretty -- for a Jedi toy. Do your Masters know? Not that it matters.

I came to Coruscant seeking Vos, but he and Kenobi are not accessible at the moment. You, however, I can reach -- and we will start with pain.

First I will kill the thing you love, then I will kill you.”

Her goal is to murder Padme first, meaning she isn't attempting to kill Anakin here. This is clear during the duel as well;

"Why am I wasting time here with you? It shouldn't be that hard to find your beloved. The Senator dies first."

"I could have taken your head off that time, boy. Maybe with my next stroke, I will.

But first I wanted you to know that I could."

Despite this, she dances around Anakin, cutting him twice and landing kicks. Only after Anakin gives in to force rage does he start 'dominating.' This disingenuous agenda-pushing doesn't surprise me though, Anticus.

Tbf Anakin also cuts her - you can clearly see she's cut and searing smoke from her cheek in the bottom scan, but yeah if we go by the old timeline - which I do - it's a pretty sold feat for her.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

May 27th 2019, 12:36 am
@sitharchaelogist

Something as trivial as that doesn’t get to destroy timelines. Anakin was scarred early in the war and again later, is more viable.

Nothing fits, and it leaves us with a massive mess if we attempt to re-arrange the timeline over these things. It was intended to be 19.48 BBY, it always was, and it still is.

The Battle of Rendili would also have to occur within those first four weeks, making it impossible to fit. You’re setting a dangerous precedent.

Last edited by DarthNygaxFan77 on May 27th 2019, 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

May 27th 2019, 12:41 am
I agree with 77. Legends material will always clash with Canon and the Clone Wars era is no different. Just take this as the legends version of Ventress. Remember, TCW is always going to conflict. TCW is relevant in terms of Legends, and takes priority, but it doesn't invalidate the stated timeline for this duel.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum