Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #2 - Anakin Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: ★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #2 - Anakin Skywalker

March 19th 2020, 9:05 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
IG wrote:
KelDorianUnit wrote:
IG wrote:
KelDorianUnit wrote:IG you still didn't explain why Revan should be a better saber combatant than Qui-Gon Jinn.
Explain why Qui-Gon's better. You can't compare technical skill cross-eras.
Because unlike Revan, Qui-Gon actually has feats
Imagine thinking Revan doesn't have feats...
Are you going to give Yusanis example again? Would be a great feat for Revan.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #2 - Anakin Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: ★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #2 - Anakin Skywalker

March 19th 2020, 9:23 am
I'd imagine it'd be the ability to take on Hero of Tython, Satele Shan, Darth Marr, Lord Scourge and Lana Beniko in simultaneous duels.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 19th 2020, 9:27 am
LadyKulvax wrote:I'd imagine it'd be the ability to take on Hero of Tython, Satele Shan, Darth Marr, Lord Scourge and Lana Beniko in simultaneous duels.
That or SF gauntlet + Malak all while hindered and towards the end super-tired.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 19th 2020, 9:36 am
IG wrote:
LadyKulvax wrote:I'd imagine it'd be the ability to take on Hero of Tython, Satele Shan, Darth Marr, Lord Scourge and Lana Beniko in simultaneous duels.
He isn't hindered on SF, even amped I dare to say.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 19th 2020, 9:51 am
KelDorianUnit wrote:
IG wrote:
He isn't hindered on SF, even amped I dare to say.
Evidence? He's on a polarized nexus as a lightsider. He's hindered lol.
Ziggy
Ziggy

March 19th 2020, 10:54 am
Annie
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

March 19th 2020, 11:14 am

• "There is no one even close" to Anakin "on the ground." (ROTSAN)
  • Anakin is "the strongest Jedi" and "the fastest Jedi." (ROTSAN)
  • Anakin is "the best there is at what he does, the best there has ever been." (ROTSAN)
  • "I've already fought Kenobi and Anakin, and beaten them. And I wasn't defeated by Yoda--close, maybe, but nobody could beat me. Now, this will surprise the audience, that there is someone who can beat me, who can finish me off. Because he does. Because it will be unexpected." (Lee)
  • Anakin "is the one Jedi we can best hope would survive an encounter with a Sith Lord." (Kolar)
  • Anakin is "peerless in combat" and "invincible against any opponent." (OFC8)
  • Anakin "is suppose to be the best" and "is suppose to be the most gifted fighter of the known time." (Christensen)
  • Anakin has the "least faults" in his fighting style than anyone else in ROTS. (Gillard)
  • DS Anakin is "the Jedi's most formidable threat." (CE3DC)
  • DS Anakin "now no longer cares," "knows he's unbeatable," and is "far more dangerous than anybody in the universe." (Gillard)

And Anakin is repeatedly stated to be either on par with or above Palpatine and Yoda in tier nine by Gillard. ★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #2 - Anakin Skywalker - Page 2 1289255181
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 19th 2020, 1:42 pm
Only two people come to mind: zonakin or prime Yoda. Idk who to go for yet, tho
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

March 19th 2020, 2:31 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:Where was round 1? ★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #2 - Anakin Skywalker - Page 2 39523600
Round 1 was a while ago, and Luke won.
Geistalt
Geistalt

March 19th 2020, 8:13 pm
Voting Knightfall Vader.

After RotS, Palps doesn't fight a lightsaber duel against a Dooku+ tier opponent until Dark Empire, and when he does, he loses.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 19th 2020, 11:17 pm
KFV
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

March 20th 2020, 4:56 pm
DE Sidious.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 20th 2020, 5:21 pm
Might switch my vote to Yoda or KFV, actually. Mace is probably 3rd or 4th. Sidious 5th.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 20th 2020, 5:36 pm
I’m actually curious as to why Sidious as of DE isn’t a pick here. His raw power is so much in excess of the rest of these guys that they can’t compete.
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

March 20th 2020, 5:51 pm
Vader probably.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

March 20th 2020, 7:35 pm
Vader has the fewest flaws in his form out of the tier 9s. Seems clear to me who wins this
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

March 20th 2020, 7:37 pm
Changing vote to KFV
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 20th 2020, 7:52 pm
Genuine question: Can anyone actually explain what's meant by these flaws? Because apparently physical faults aren't included, and seems to be talking mentally or personality wise:

★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #2 - Anakin Skywalker - Page 2 Scree110

We also know that Sidious, Mace, Yoda and KFV (by Mustafar) are all considered to be around the same level by Lucas, so any is a safe bet. Can see DE Sidious being second choice because of his considerable power advantage.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

March 20th 2020, 7:56 pm
It's saying Anakin has the least combative vulnerabilities of the ROTS crew.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 20th 2020, 7:57 pm
Bit vague, then. What does it mean by a slope? Guessing the "Force LSD" thing, where he jumps back and forth between power levels based on his mindset and he was declining in the Mustafar fight?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

March 20th 2020, 8:04 pm
Slope's a joke that Kenobi butchered him on a slope. 

And refer to the earlier comments. He writes the choreography around the flaws/faults of each character, then says Anakin has the least of them. Put another way, while Yoda may be uniquely vulnerable in/to X, Q, and Z conditions during a fight, Anakin is just vulnerable in/to Y and Z. His abilities are just that good.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 20th 2020, 8:07 pm
I'm not arguing it. I'm trying to understand what Gillard is saying. Makes sense that KFV is by this point better than the others.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

March 20th 2020, 8:10 pm
★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #2 - Anakin Skywalker - Page 2 1289255181 And the BF2 developers caught onto that too while analyzing his style:

“It was interesting to see that Anakin is so good with a lightsaber that he seems to forego certain basic fighting practices. For example, he actually doesn’t use a lot of footwork, he’s more planted at a certain spot, while moving his lightsaber in a very skilled manner.”

Which matches what Gillard said:

"Anakin's style has changed completely between Episode II and Episode III. He now no longer cares. He knows he's unbeatable. He's far more dangerous than anybody in the universe."

Anakin's a notch above anyone else.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 20th 2020, 8:15 pm
Leaning KFV, in this case. Will probably back Yoda or Mace next round, but Vader takes this one.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 20th 2020, 8:40 pm
knightfall vader is a freaking beast dude....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum